1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Although i do see the Sven-esque nature of it, they do have Walsh at the helm, and although hes in a DoF role, im sure he'll still have seen what the new players can bring before signing them.

I do agree that all these new players are just going to instantly gel and romp to the title is stupid though <laugh>

2. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope you are right mate, though not comfortable paying 50m for him. Not my money though, so what the hell. get him in <laugh>

3. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

Strewth mate !!

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Meant to write something rather then so meting - damn phone...

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

10th to 15th is more realistic...any higher would involve a huge slice of luck imo...

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I think 15th would be disappointing IMO. More like 8-12th I'd like to think but there is a lot of competition for places immediately behind the top 6. We are probably one of a number of clubs that start off to get to 40 points but hope and expect to get that early enough to re-evaluate targets and push on

7. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

We would have finished 8th last season had Vardy's goal v Bournemouth not been incorrectly ruled out so behave!

8. Champions of England

I'm quite calm thanks, me telling it how it is doesn't wind me up, nor does being told I'm deluded etc. It does wind me up a bit when I realise i'm talking to brick walls.

I know I'm not deluded and I also know that I know what I'm talking about because none of my wild predictions have been proven wrong so far (MIAMI knows) so I don't expect to be wrong now either because I don't expect my judgement to all of a sudden change. I just understand what I see before me in a way that maybe others don't, hence why my predictions are deemed
    wild by everyone but me.

But we're going round in circles so let's just let the season unfold and see what happens. My prediction is we'll be up there above Everton, Southampton and every other non-top six club who are supposedly "way ahead" of us, even though we should have finished 8th because Vardy's
    goal was incorrectly ruled out so are technically already above them. It's going to be bitter sweet for you because you'll love us being up there but hate admitting that I was right all along.

9. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

I don't think you'll finish that high mate. Anything above 18th and you should class it as a sensational season for you lot

10. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

I do???

11. Champions of England

Maybe not then, don't you also use JA606?

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

What the hell are you on about? What does this have to do with anything we were talking about - we were talking about Everton offering Sigurdsson so much wages and you were saying stuff and and being unable to back any of it up and now you have gone on a rant about how you are not bothered and I'll be sorry Leicester does well.

You are genuinely the most petulant self important numpty I have ever seen on this forum and it is brilliant <laugh> - you are far up your own arse to realise that I am a Leicester fan as well so "would love us being up there" <laugh><laugh>

You are one of a kind my deluded friend and a great source of entertainment during this rather boring time before the season starts - carry on acting like a child, stamping your foot and yelling about how smart you are and I will carry on laughing at you <laugh><laugh><laugh>

13. Champions of England

That was me putting an end to my conversations with you. I covered some of the things we've disagreed on but we disagree on absolutely everything. From the growth of our club, our finances, our team, our ability in the transfer market, the ability of other teams etc etc it literally doesn't matter what the topic is, we'll disagree. Therefore I'm not bothering to waste my time conversing with a brick wall anymore. Over it!

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I never asked you about any of that you plank, I was asking you to back up your claims about Everton and you couldn't and had a big mardy fit <laugh>

I so enjoy our little talks :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

I do mate, but still don't know (or recall) what I should be remembering. lol. must be my age.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

That's some twisted logic right there. Let's just take one incident and ignore everything else that happened throughout the season <laugh>

17. Champions of England

I know you weren't at that particular point but the point I'm making which you're not getting, just like EVERYTHING else, is our little talks are OVER, I'm not conversing with you anymore! I'm not going to engage in conversation with you and just argue about how good we are or where our club are heading etc etc because it's pointless, we go round in circles.

So you keep your opinions on everything we've disagreed on in the past couple of months and I'll keep mine. Let's see how the season develops and then see whose right. I know we're better than you and everyone else gives us credit for and I know I'll be right again.

18. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Champions of England likes this.
  19. Champions of England

No it's not a case of ignore everything else, my point is look at the bigger picture you numpty.

We were crap for 25 games in which Ranieri took 21 points (Shakey won 22 points from 10 games) but we STILL only finished 2 points from 8th and had Vardy's goal against Bournemouth in our last game been given, then we would have finished 8th, a position we seemingly have no chance of achieving next season.

Yeah righto wakey wakey, open your eyes and see what's before you and think about this, if we can finish 2 points off 8th after that start, then don't you think we might be able to finish a little higher if we play for 38 games instead of 13? We're essentially still the same team that won the league but now top 10 is the best we can hope for. Laughable.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  20. Champions of England

Did you read the article where Clement suggests Siggy might well stay at Swansea? I seriously wouldn't be at all surprised if he did because I'm not 100% convinced we'll bid again if Everton don't, I just don't think we'll allow them a free shot at signing him.

Jakupovic said he was contacted by multiple PL players and also players across Europe in Switzerland, Bosnia and Germany, who all told him to join us because there's something "special" happening here. Fans obviously don't see it but players all over the world aren't oblivious to it.

We are an attractive club to join now and we shouldn't be fearing losing players to the likes of Everton anymore and I don't believe for one minute that he would choose them over us. Every new player talks about the atmosphere here and about the other players and that's a huge factor that people don't think about. Who has the better team spirit, us or Everton? I mean that's not even debatable in my opinion and being a part of our "family" is going to be a much nicer environment for him. He'll be a lot happier here, no doubt about it and if we speak to him I'm well confident he'll choose us over them. They're not even better as a football team so I don't see the massive pull in that direction.