1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Google Everton offer Sigurdsson £100k and you'll find plenty of them and he rejected it. Obviously not that bothered about Everton then is he otherwise he'd accept it.

I've found one for you but there's loads to choose from so have a butchers yourself.

http://www.football365.com/news/sigurdsson-rejects-100k-a-week-from-everton-report

They offered Barkley £100k too so I doubt they'll be offering Siggy more, unless of course Barkley is 100% leaving and at £50m I can't see it. If Siggy and Mahrez ain't worth it then he sure isn't either so he's not going anywhere, especially as Tottenham
    seem the most likely but won't pay £50m or pay him £100k/week.

Lukaku they offered that to keep him but he was on £90k and their highest paid player until Rooney who I believe United are essentially paying most of his wages, they gave them £10m worth of his contract or something stupid like that but whatever the arrangement is, Everton aren't paying him £150k.

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

You do seem to have a biased viewed towards us thought which is understandable but surely you can see why others might be impressed with them?
    Ok Pickford is overpriced due to neon English and we'd al surely prefer Schmeichel so fair enough. I'm sure Pickford will come god though.
    Maguire and Keane seem fairly evenly matched and maybe Keane gets more hyped because he came through Man u's academy rather than the less attractive yet successful Sheffield Utd. Probably Maguire for half the price is the better deal but I'd have loved both.
    Sandro a Spain u21 who came through Barcelona'a academy for £5 mill? Why weren't we on this? Again maybe one for the future.
    Klassen I don't know much about.
    Rooney still has something about him but maybe is more sentimental.
    Now if w get Iheanacho over the line I think as an individual signing it'd blow all theirs and ours out the water as it'd be a top signing. We probably still have the potential to have as good if not better window than Everton but we'd need a few more (maybe Iheanacho, Siggy and Gibson in first)

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Hey woo, back off Big Fella. CoE is in Australia. Huuuge difference between them and us sensible folk in the shaky isles.

4. Champions of England

Hey I prefer NZ by far, I'm only here for the sake of my boys because it's the best place for them to grow up. I'm going home in 9 years, when they're old enough to come with me and then I'll be taking them down the City every week, home and away just like my old man did with me. I can't wait!

5. Champions of England

It's not so much that I'm biased, I just don't get the hype around other teams which others rave about and I don't see Everton as the next big thing irrespective of how much money they spending/wasting. I'm looking at the bigger picture here which is Lukaku scored 25 last season and the next SIX players scored 21, including Barkley's five as their next highest scorer. I don't see how Rooney, Sandro, Klaasen and even Siggy are going to score enough to replace Lukaku's 25 let alone more than the 21 they need from their next six players. I don't even see what their "plan" is, I mean three number 10's (if they get Siggy) and no recognised goal scorer to go with a slightly better defence, which still has the calamities of Jagielka and Williams as well as the ageing Baines so it's not a defence to be feared by any stretch. They're also doing things differently there because Klaassen was blatantly Koeman not Walsh, he had nothing to do with that because we would have been linked with him if he had and we never have been so they don't use Walsh like we did.

I also know we're a lot better than anyone gives us credit for, even our own fans. I mean top 10 and people are happy but not me because I know 100% that we are a lot better than top 10th to 8th, we were only two points off and would have been 8th had Vardy's goal not been disallowed incorrectly. Fine margins, Yet we're way behind these teams apparently. Bullshit!

To break into the top six someone has to have a poor season and with everyone in Europe and without squads to cope with PL and CL (Spurs and Liverpool in particular) someone will have a poor season and my bet is it will be one of those two.

Yeah I said Pickford and Keane are decent but they're not exciting. Maguire is the better defender based on his stats being better than both Gibson and Keane in almost every area and we paid the sensible price for him not the overpriced fee for Keane.

I'm sure no Leicester fan would want Rooney, he's just a fat past it mess now.

Klaassen is unproven and setting the Eredivisie on fire is a far cry from the PL, it's one of the poorest leagues in Europe and players from the Dutch league rarely adapt. Look at Jenssen at Spurs, he was all over the Eredevisie and crap in the PL.

Sandro is probably just another Perez who we were interested in. In fact we were interested in Sandro while Walsh was here and look what happened to the last player we had from La Liga who was recommended by Worthington, he went back in January. I'm glad we weren't in for him, give my Kelechi all day every day.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That article is from May, the articles I gave you are much more recent and from actual news sources.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apologies mate - apologies for besmirching the land of rugby, sheep and hobbits :emoticon-0105-wink:

nzfoxfan likes this.
  8. Champions of England

Oh I know mate, I was just highlighting the fact that they offered him £100k and he turned it down. Why? Why did he turn down £100k if he wanted to join Everton? I'd suggest that means he ain't all that bothered about going there, wouldn't you?

I mean if Mahrez was offered £100k at Arsenal do you think he'd turn it down? No because he wants to go. See the difference?

This is why I don't buy the media crap about him having his heart set on Everton because he clearly doesn't. A £20k increase at a club he wanted to join and he would have agreed, not say he wants £120k, which they weren't willing to pay him. So he wanted an extra £40k to leave Swansea for them and they've not exactly shown they really want him, not like we do.

As I keep saying, we've outbid them and will continue to and we will pay him more meaning we'll show him that we want him more and that makes a massive difference. All our players feel wanted before they join and that's why we never have anyone failing to agree personal terms. Cambiasso was the first to say it and since then Walsh and Shakey have both stressed how much data we collect on the players and then how wanted we make them feel. Siggy won't get the same
    feeling from Everton as he will talking to us, we've wanted him for years now and when he sees how much we want him compared to how much Everton do, I don't think he'll join them. I just hope he gets to discuss terms with us because I do believe we have a good chance of getting him.

I genuinely think we're a better side than Everton, even when they had Lukaku and I don't buy the hype of them being the next big thing, I think we have far more chance.

9. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You think we will go back in then with another bid?

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Why do you keep bringing your hatred of Everton into every conversation - what does that have to do with what I am writing about which is you write a lot but don't back up any of it. I have presented you with a recent article that you ignored that says that Everton are willing to offer Siggurdsson around £150k - what say you about that and how does that fit into your story?

Siggurdson has shown no indication that he wants to join us but he has when Everton bidded on him though. Here is a article from Swansea - their local rag would have contacts in the club so are more likely to be right http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-saga-stand-now-13326981

Incidentally our local rag has nothing linking us with Siggurdson any more - would trust them much more then the Mail http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicestercity

11. Champions of England

I don't have a hatred for Everton, I just don't rate them like other people do because I think they're ordinary and not the next big thing.

I'm talking about Sigurdsson so Everton are in the conversation for that reason and that reason only.

I don't believe the media crap about him wanting to join them, I think it's unsubstantiated rumours and judging by the fact that he turned down £100k to join them I don't think he's bothered and has his heart set on it at all. I call bullshit!

Leicester have offered more money and it was reported just yesterday that we're willing to offer him £125k, have you not read that? I'd say we're still just as interested as we were and we will continue to outbid Everton, if we really want him.

12. Champions of England

Absolutely 100% yeah and why wouldn't we? If we bid £40m then what's an extra £10m? It's neither here nor there and we can afford it more than Everton can because we have more money than them. People seem to think they have the Lukaku money so will just spend it so why won't we spend the £75m we got from the CL?

13. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Not so sure about the Rooney £150k per week dude.... can't believe Walshy has turned daft to be fair ?

14. Champions of England

Everton aren't paying him though, United essentially gave them £10m to pay his wages or something like that, I don't know the exact arrangement but I know Everton aren't paying his wages, or at least not all anyway.

Things are different at Everton anyway, Walsh isn't being used in the same way and you can tell that by some of the signings. He'd never want Rooney and Klaassen wasnt on our radar so that's all Koeman.

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He was on £300k p/w at Man Utd - took a 50% pay cut to join Everton and the £10m pay off was to him to cover the drop in wages and ensure he comes back as a "brand ambassador" which is the guy that wines and dines sponsors.

For Everton, they waived his transfer fee which was around £10m.

Apparently Everton have already made enough to cover his wages already in endorsements and commercial deals - is still a massive name even if he can't do it in the pitch any more.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

£150k is a bigger number then £125k <doh>

Either way I'm done - congrats as your method of ignoring what I have written and repeating yourself has worked and I am done arguing about this. I cba reading about Everton any more, only club I care about are Leicester.

Will just end with saying the fact is no one credible have stated that we are still in for Siggurdson which is annoying as it seems more likely that Mahrez could leave and we aren't linked with anyone else that is creative.

Libby likes this.
  17. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen......... It gives me great pleasure to present to you, the one, the only, Demari Gray !

18. Champions of England

And yet again Everton are NOT paying him $150k, they've been GIVEN the money to pay him in order to offload him. Congratulations to yourself also for ignoring that FACT and carrying on with your method.

I don't want to talk about Everton either, you and everyone else just rate them way too highly and think they're better than us. I think they're well overrated, aren't the next big thing, we shouldn't be fearing them in the slightest and will finish above them. I'll be right.

19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

On Everton ...

Press and bookies seem to be going a bit daft IMHO. Yes they are doing lots of business but that doesn't mean they will immediately gel as a team and become automatic UCL places challengers like some are predicting. Anyone else remember Sven making similar numbers of signings? On paper that squad should have dobe incredibly well in the Championship. It didn't <laugh>

Ask yourselves this ... would Wayne Rooney really be considered for a starting place in any of the incumbent top 6 midfields? Is Rooney better now than Cambiasso was in his season with us?

For me, Lukaku leaving may have more significance in terms of where Everton will finish than the incomings to date - who knows. <ok>

PS They have also lost Delofeu - for me, a real talent.

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I am replying to you about about Siggurdson and that article that states that he has been offered £150k <doh>

You are really agitated about so meting really unimportant - put a shrimp on the barbie, punch a kangaroo or whatever you do in Oz to calm down.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Libby and nzfoxfan like this.