1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What should we be told about players we sign/release?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NigsyHoops, Jan 29, 2017.

1. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has been done before (if so please delete Mods).
    What do you think we should be told about players contracts?
    I think the amount they get paid per week is between the player and the club. But I do think that we should be told how much we paid or what we got for selling a player as we seem to be a club that says undisclosed fee.
    We should be told length of contract and if there is something like with Green about last year playing certain amount games etc. We should also be told about add ons for any reason and if we get or have to pay any sell on %. And I would like to know about the buy back for the Man U lad.

2. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Like it or not, football these days is a business and we are simply customers. On that basis, we don't deserve to be told anything. However, we have a board that (on occasions) listens to us, but I cannot see them telling us about contracts etc.

3. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

One thing I would like to know, is whether the player supports QPR? Players like Lee Cook and Marc Bircham - even Alan Mac (who I am not sure whether he was a Rangers fan) but wore the shirt with pride.
    only something small - but something that would hopefully establish whether someone is a mercenary as per Boswinga

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

they are all mercenaries

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

You really can't blame players for obtaining the best deal possible for themselves as the life as a professional footballer is relatively short, no players are going to play until retirement age. Much of the blame has to lay at the feet of the clubs who agree deals that they realistically can't afford. Does that sound familiar?

Ninj and QPR Oslo like this.
  6. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

TBH.....clubs now dont show any loyality to long serving players.....apart from Gerrard and one or two others

7. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Players could, quite rightly imo, say it is an infringement on their privacy if we all know exactly how much they earn. I wouldn't want my earning published for all the world to see. Needless to say, they all earn a good amount of money, and whether they earn £1000 a week, or £20,000 a week, should we, the fans, have any different expectation of them? We want people fighting tooth and nail, for the privilege of wearing the shirt.

Ninj, QPR Oslo and terryb like this.
  8. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

What's their favourite midnight snack