1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What Film have you just watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nomak, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Live By Night 7/10 though can't help thinking you're watching Boardwalk Empire.

Synge Street 6/10 maybe some of the Dublin humour may pass some by,nice 80's touches for those of a certain age.

Sing 8/10 perfect hangover movie for those who like rainbows and fluffy bunnies when dying.

2. Mick O'Toon

Aldo I'm having a quiet weekend,any decent films?Tried watching Get Out but bad copy so wait till I get a better one.

3. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

I watched get out a couple of weeks ago on Kodi and it was a good copy mate. Have you seen all the ones i have mentioned on here?

4. Mick O'Toon

Tried on Kodi a few weeks ago so maybe copy will be better now.I've watched most of the latest you mentioned and all good,will have a look this evening for the latest releases:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I have to mention Prometheus on a film thread, as I don't think I've ever been so insulted by such lazy script writing to the point I have been made angry by it and wanted to give Ridley Scott a slap.
    I'm quite willing to suspend my belief to watch films, but there's a certain point when I say no. If there had been a premise that traveling in deep-space turns 'the best in their fields' in to complete ****ing retards who ignore even the most basic scientific protocols learnt in a child's first science lesson to drive the plot. In fact everything is done to drive the plot without any thought by the people making the film how irrational it all is. The only weapon they have is a flame thrower, they have a typical Sci-fi scanner that can pretty much scan anything, but they don't bother to use it when they get there, or when two of the crew members get cut-off from the others and lost in a labyrinth. They don't use it at any time they actually would use it, just when the plot needs them to near the end.
    It's beautifully shot and scored, but that isn't why I watch movies. the acting is a bit wooden too, but acting requires character motivation and the only motivation the characters seem to have is doing incomprehensible things to move the plot along.

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You'll be pleased to learn the next one's coming out soon.

I have to say I'm one of the few who liked it. You're probably right about much of the points mentioned but you could probably find quite a few of the same problems with the original Alien film.

I thought it was an interesting plot and he brought things together well as the story went on. Also thought the ongoing thread in all his alien films about whether the cyborgs are friend or flawed was done very well once again.

Stumpy likes this.
  7. A.L.D.O 4.1

Kubo and the two strings is excellent if you don't mind animated films mate. Been starting early and finishing late at work for the last couple of weeks so not really watched many films.

If you like stuff like Mr Robot then you could go for a wee cram of Legion. It is a mind **** though maybe that's why i think it's brilliant.

What about a wee Korean number. I saw the devil and the good the bad and the wierd are bloody good stuff.

8. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Just watched.
    Uk doggers uncovered. :bandit:

9. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Just watched Inferno (Tom Hanks). Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind, but found it really disappointing.

10. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Rogue One

Superb, a gritty version of the Star Wars universe, no kid's toy product placements here, possibly the best SW movie?

8/10

Treble and A.L.D.O 4.1 like this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Agree completely. Certainly the best since Empire Strikes Back.

And definitely better than the nonsensical dross served up in The Force Awakens.

DevAdvocate likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before but Predestination is a very good film. It'll be on Film4 in a day or two and I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it.

DevAdvocate likes this.
  13. DevAdvocate

Very clever movie.

Treble likes this.
  14. A.L.D.O 4.1

Ghost in the shell.

Scarlett Johanson stars in this mega stylised version of the Japanese manga comics and animated films.

It is set in the near future and Scarlett's brain and soul are inserted into a cybernetic suit when she is saved from a car crash that killed her parents. She becomes a supersoldier and goes out to fight the good fight.

All very Robocop i hear you say. Well yes it is i suppose but this is Robocop on speed. The CGi in this film is breathtaking at times. The action sequences are all highly stylised in a Matrixesque sort of a way as well. Johanson is her usual competent self and the supporting cast all do a decent job. The plot is solid with a few twists and turns along the way to keep you guessing.

All in all a very enjoyable experience in my opinion. If you like your Sci-fi a wee bit complex then you will like this. If you are a fan of the original, highly complex original material then you probably wont. As a stand alone film it is really very good

8/10

15. DevAdvocate

Passengers: Absolute codswallop 4/10
    Assassin's Creed:
    wtf happened? 4/10
    Jack Reacher - Never go back:
    Not as good as the 1st movie in the franchise, still enetertaining enough tho 6/10

16. A.L.D.O 4.1

Gaurdians of the galaxy 2

Brilliant

That is all

9/10

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Thought that Jack Reaacher film was awful tbh. If it didn't have Cruise, it would've resembled a "made for TV" film.

DevAdvocate likes this.
  18. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I thought Passengers was good. I enjoyed it.

19. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

It was OK. It went on far too long. 7.5/10

20. A.L.D.O 4.1

Really, i thought ot didn't go on long enough.