1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What exactly are Bates and Grayson waiting for

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Every morning I check the yep to check for transfer activity. Every morning, nothing zilch not a sign. So what exactly are our powers to be waiting for. Are they waiting for the other clubs to sift through the out of contract footballers across Britain and pick the best of them leaving us with the remainder who will clearly settle for crap wages as they will be getting desperate for work. Alternatively, they may be planning another glut of loanees, leftovers from the reserve squads of the lower reaches of the premiership. The third option is there could be some master strokes in the pipeline, so good the press have not gotten a sniff of. Simon has had some poor forays in the transfer market and this could be his worst God forbid

2. olihardy

olihardy Member

while not usually one to defend Bates very little business is done at this time, a lot of contracts finish on 1st July so clubs can finalise their budgets and most players are still on holiday - next week will see things start to move but i'd be surprised if we signed anybody to get excited about

3. Liw

Liw Member

Its who and not when you sign players.

Id rather sign nobody than the wrong one.

But

Grayson reminds me of barry fry, always wanting to bring players, but his record is so bad its untrue.

We need 4/5 first team players but with grayson success rate around 10%, we gunn ahave to bring in 50 players to get some decent ones.

Seriously think grayson could quite easily be gone by October

4. Darren Buxton

Darren Buxton Member

I keep checking Sky Sports news and nothing!! What is worrying is the fact that other teams are picking up some good players and we have just decided to sell our No 1 keeper!! I really hope Grayson has some aces up his sleeve!!

Another GK is needed, a new Left Back and a DM. Another Central midfeilder would be good too because Howson and Clayton are the only real options at present.

Grayson may consider getting a new centre back after assessing Kisnorbo and Lee's as they could be like two quality signings. A fit Lloyd Sam would also be like a new player too!!

5. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

im not getting annoyed at the lack of activity yet but hopefully by mid july to end of july we will have our squad almost sorted out

6. Radebeens

Radebeens Member

I'm more annoyed about the constant rumours linking us to has beens and other clubs making moves for our players. i'd rather keep Gradel and Snodgrass, then bring in a few players who aren't good enough to play in the championship.

7. alireed_lufc

alireed_lufc New Member

Got to agree with LIW here - I'd definitely much rather we signed no-one than the wrong player. We sadly have a history of signing players up on long-term deals only for them to turn out to be cr*p and then we can't offload them... Robinson, Bessone spring to mind... Also Paynter? Hopefully things will start happening in the next couple of weeks... As long as we don't lose any more players - Snodgrass/Gradel - all it will take is 2-3 decent signings and things will suddenly start looking a lot more positive...
    I hope...

8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Just this minute had the misfortune of bumping into a Leicester supporting mate of mine. Had to put up with hearing about how many players they've signed/been linked with.
    Its embarrassing,seems like we're being left behind-wheres our ambition?
    Dampened his enthusiasm about Kasper though,but that's all I could do.
    We need a couple of quality signings to get the place buzzing again-roll on july..it can't come soon enough.

9. Radebeens

Radebeens Member

It'll be interesting to see how well Leicester gel as a team. it's all very well buying a new first 11, but surely they'll need a bit of time to get used to playing together. It's very rare that things snap together just like that.

10. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

I'm gunna double over laughing if Kasper ends up just as much of a misfit with them as he did with us.

11. Liw

Liw Member

Not sure how you can call kasper a misfit when with us.

Not his biggest fan but did well

12. MarkoLUFC

He did ok, it was clear he wasn't gelling with the other players though.

13. Liw

Liw Member

Not sure he wasnt gelling, where you get that from

14. MarkoLUFC

Well from the countless games I went to where he didn't seem able to communicate with the defense

15. Liw

Liw Member

thats different to gelling.

What you mean is he wasnt that commanding

16. MarkoLUFC

And what about the countless errors where he wasn't paying attention to what the defense were doing? That howler involving Bruce vs Cardiff springs to mind.

17. Liw

Liw Member

Marko

I wasnt his biggest fan either, am just saying gelling and what your on about are two different things.

I would have sold him too

18. MarkoLUFC

Fair enough. There were countless rumours going round that he alienated half the squad as well, which according to what I've heard about his ego, wouldn't surprise me.

19. Liw

Liw Member

It wouldnt surprise me either tbh.

Like i said, am not his biggest fan, and was surprised how highly some rated him, som e even saying he'll become world class

Average and thats all he'll ever be

20. MarkoLUFC

Will have been treated as the son of a legend since the age of about 11 or 12. Will have been conditioned to think highly of himself, maybe too highly. The attitude will ruin his career.