1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What does Fergie see in Gibson?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by -jordan-, Jan 29, 2011.

1. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

With most players, there's attributes there that can be seen and can be improved on. You can understand why they're in the side.

For example;

Javier Hernandez - quick, fantastic eye for goal.
    Anderson - strong, quick, great engine and good passer (not so much today)
    Nani - quick, good delivery, capable of creating something from nothing.

Then we come to Gibson. I can't for the life of me figure out what Fergie sees in him. Even this reputation of possessing a wonderful shot is just a myth. He has so many efforts on goal, he's bound to get one right occasionally. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

He's slow, constantly gets caught in possession, lets runners in behind him, gives the ball away, shoots when better options are available and is painfully immobile.

I hoped it would be last we'd see of him for a long while after the Blackpool game, not to be. I fear we'll see him against Wolves too.

2. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Mate I couldnt agree more. He is the worst player I have seen at utd in many a year. I despair when he plays I really do. Same with obertan. How these people are getting game time for Manchetser United is quite frankly ridiculous.

3. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

I agree with most comments. Gibson is shoddy. Cannot pass, can't tackle and cannot run with or without the ball. I do feel Obertan has never done anything at Utd though to be fair he rarely gets a chance. He does have some pace and skill but often his final ball is dire and his control is letting him down. He'll probably leave in the summer. However I'm amazed at Utd fans liking Anderson. He rarely plays well in my opinion. His passing is wayward, he runs into trouble and often gives away fouls in frustration as a result. His goal scoring is woeful and I honestly fail to see how he can succeed at OT.

4. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

Obertan looked a touch better in the 2nd half when he switched out to the right, but he still needs to seriously get his head down and improve if he's to get a place for himself in the squad.

As for Gibson, we are supposed to be having a mini-clear out in the summer. I hope this mong is shown the exit door. Twice in the last 2 games he's been taken off only for us to then go on and win. Writing is on the wall.

Const, in regards to Ando, he's gone off the boil in recent weeks. Him being left out of the side lately hasn't helped. But he played a lot of football over the past 6 weeks. He's been very very good at times this season. But constantly changing our team EVERY single game can't help. I'd like to see us field the same team for 2 games straight for once.

5. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am kind of hoping that the fact he has been subbed 2 games on the run means fergie is gradually realising how bad he is.

6. TuckersLaw

TuckersLaw Member

-jordan-

But constantly changing our team EVERY single game can't help.

You've hit the nail on the head. Gibson was shunted out to the left of midfield for the game against Blackpool and played on the right of a diamond yesterday. The guy is clearly a centre midfielder and lacks pace to cause problems in wide areas. So why play him there? He has been hauled off at half time twice and his confidence must be shot to pieces. He doesn't get any runs of games to actually find form.

How many of the team that were picked yesterday were actually in any kind of decent form? We can't make that number of changes and expect any kind of a decent performance. The last time we did, West Ham beat us 4-0. The last time before that, Leeds beat us. It doesn't work and it drives me insane when Fergie does it.

7. COMAS

COMAS New Member

he's just a crap phil neville

8. manutd

manutd New Member

may be fergie is not using him properly. or maybe he is adopting a low risk policy and wants to be very sure that he is not talented before offloading him. May be does not want to repeat the mistakes he did in the past aka shawcross, catchcart, pique, rossi etc.