1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Sep 7, 2016.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well didn't expect that after 35 minutes (although we still looked dangerous in attack at times) but what a turn around!

Great goal by Deeney and generally some excellent football in the 2nd half with a number of chances created to go along with the 2 goals we got.

Walter says he changed things at half time and that certainly paid off - lots of attacking intent and the likes of Success/Okaka came on and contributed well (shame the latter then had to go off injured)

After a slow and shaky start a fantastic result to gain our first win.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Was impressed with watfoRd. Good balance of neat passing and strength. Athletic and fit. Everyone seemd to know their role and put in 100%. 4 points away to us and southampton is a good return and they won't be relegated.
    I would take Deeney and Capoue in our team all day long"

"Like many others I saw this as the start of our season. Massively disappointing and worrying given that this was against a side who are one of the favourites to go down.".

"Dress it up how you like - the players on the. Pitch and the manager were beaten by Watford."
    "There have been over the years quite a few games where we defended poorly at Upton Park and got away with it, the ground was smaller and more intimidating to opposing teams but I genuinely fear for us at the OS
    We defend badly and sides will have a field day."

You can always find people prepared to have a go at their team when they have lost, but not too often do you find praise for the opposition.

4. Markthehorn

Shame some of their fans appeared to be less gracious - fighting with each other!

5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

6. Markthehorn

Goals here:

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

One of those days eh...... :)

8. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just...yes!!!!!!! 4 goals, 4 different scorers, we will be fine this season :))

9. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Dont just book him send him OFF he cant have app on match days

10. brian_66_usa

But we cant play West Ham every week

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

12. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I was there. I saw it. I still don't believe it. Mild headache this morning. Can't think why....

13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

we were winning 2-0 when the fights broke out, and they broke out because of the inadequate and selective stewarding, again. three matches, three lots of trouble, and all for exactly the same reason. West Ham fans aren't allowed to stand up to watch and the stewards are heavy handed in making sure the West Ham fans, and only the west Ham fans, are made to sit.
    we've been lucky so far, only Bournemouth and Watford have been, but when we play Tottenham, or Chelsea the poor stewarding and lack of segregation and police I think it might end up like a return to the 70's.
    Congrats on the win, though I think what happened in the stands caused us the loss, hopefully sooner or later, the stadium operators will realise you can't force people to sit down.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  14. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Seems to me there should be seat movement to put those that refuse to sit in the same area of the stadium and not where they are stopping other people watch the match. Second, if there isn't one, have a family area. Third put a decent neutral zone gap between home & away supporters. Fourth, employ 4 x as many matchday staff and use the old company that did Upton Park. Fifth, segregate the areas within the stadium concourses etc and a dedicated in & out for away fans.

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Make Wet Sham play home games behind closed doors until they sort the matter out! Loss of revenue talks!

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I don't think that the club are responsible for supplying stewards. I thought that part of the deal done included stewards in the rental. Not sure where I read that though.

17. Big Ern

You don't get it, this is caused by the stewards who are nothing to do with West Ham at all, and are a running joke, plus the poor implementation of seating arrangements. west ham fans are being demonised (as usual) but consider there was no segregation and no police, just a few scuffles mainly caused by the hopelessly inexperienced and heavy handed stewards, who seem intent on making every West Ham fan sit down, whilst completely ignoring the fact the whole away end are standing en masse.
    It would be easy to sort out, simply put those that want to stand in their own section, but they can't that it as it would condone standing making their public liability insurance null and void.

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You say that it would be easy to sort out, then say you cannot sort it out because of the insurance. So what can you do?

19. brian_66_usa

I totally agree and most of the above happen at Watford . Maybe if WHU copied little old watford they might win more games

20. Big Ern

possibly, I think we've followed Wimbledon though, the fans are being driven away by stupid policies.
    my guess is we have to wait for it to kick off big style before sense prevails.