1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welsh Giants!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by snlk/poksnbn, Jul 16, 2013.

1. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Taff!
    They are practically begging you to consign this article to the wum bin fella because every time they log on to this board and see the title they burn up with anger.

Remember this never was intended as a wind up, it was simply a description perceived by others.

2. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Potential doesnt make you a big club, it means you have the capability of being a big club. You wouldnt call a youngster with potential world class would you?
    Ahh yes your cup finals. The ones you lost. Exactly who of note did you beat to get there again? Make fun all you want about us beating Bradford in the final, fact of the matter is we knocked out the cup holers AND the European champions (over 2 legs) to get there. We earned our trophy by beating the best in the country.
    Now as for us being on your board. Look back, It was you guys that came to us spouting 'You jack bastards, were coming for you' etc. Once the excitment died down and reality sunk in that your nowhere near us in terms of squad ability, you've slowly crept back under your little rocks.
    Now how did I know you were gonna bring up attendances <laugh> Put it this way, our stadium currently holds a higher percentage of our cities' population than yours does. We've had over 30000 season ticket applicants over the last 2 years and plans are in place to extend our stadium to 32000.

There is nothing about your club that would make you a 'big club'. What have you got? A few scottish internationals, a couple of runner up medals and a **** load of debt. Impressive.
    Compare that to a club that consists of Spain, England and Netherlands internationals, playing in Europe and have just won a major trophy. Followed very closely in Spain, Denmark, Holland and South Korea.
    Back up your claim with real evidence that your such a big club and maybe people will stop laughing at you. <laugh>

3. snlk/poksnbn

Some fair points there swans-m and well put but what do you think of the reference to us being the Welsh Giants?

4. swans-m

You are Welsh giants. There's no doubting that. Wales has many teams and of all those teams only 2 of them are playing in the elite of football.
    There's a distinct difference between being called 'Welsh Giants' and 'Football Giants'. Wouldn't you agree?

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Swim - just got back in.

The donkeys are just fine thanks, but they're on Coney Beach mate, not Trecco. We have no problem handling them down here, as we've had enough practice with you and your mates visiting this board.

I'm not a gambler at all to be honest, save for the season before last when I lost out big time when we missed out on Promo in Malky's first year. I didn't have a bet on it last season. <doh>

The only reason I mentioned the "bet" was Phil's continual taking the piss over where we'd both finish next season. No problem with that at all, yet when I challenged him to put his money where his gob was, we didn't see him for dust. <laugh>

As for Aussie........<laugh> - it doesn't take much for the buggar to jump out his retirement (5th?) from the board. The name calling continues unabated and the personal insults follow - true to form.

Your problem Aussie (well, one of them anyway) is that you can't take it and never could on the boards. Dish it out yes, but when it comes back, out comes the true colours and you get soooooo nasty.

Tears of a clown.......<laugh>

6. snlk/poksnbn

Yep! Have to agree with you on that one swans-m.

7. swans-m

A rare moment for the both of us! <laugh>

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Old Sparkey I gave you odds alright, but you just wouldn't take them! Understandable of course, can't see you throwing money away over Wales second team.........................<cheers>

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You lying toe rag!! You came on here asking someone to take your bet and when I took you up on it you disappeared like a rat up a drainpipe...<laugh>

You must be a typical Jack poster - more gob than knob (and no balls as well <laugh>)

Phyllis - I look forward to more of this sort of chat this coming season. See if you can get some of your fellow posters to take their medication and calm down. <cheers>

10. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

So I take it its agreed we are the Welsh Giants.???

Finally the minnows agree.

11. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

I would consider you welsh giants when your population finally gets to half ours. Didn't you hear? Our population is now officially twice yours. Our little city friends. ;)

12. McLarenBluebird

VRD, if it's officially twice ours, we would have exactly half, not under... Is Maths not your strong point?

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Spunky: I never said I was retiring from the Cardiff board :) Don't fret I won't be around much this season. It'll be a tad crass to gloat. ;)

I see you didn't answer the points I raised but it does seem like you're the one 'who can't take it'. I was simply calling you out on your rather ill-advised comment that the "only way was downwards or possibly down" for my team. I simply pointed out that it was one of many possibles, not the only one.

Even your blinkered redbird eyes must accept that, surely?

14. ProjectVRD

Through a quirk of numbers you are not quite there yet, not until you guys get city region status. Then I will admit your city is a UK giant, top 5 if memory serves right. Metropolitan area is what it important and Cardiff would be big if/when that happens... Just that UK needs to fight harder for Cardiff than Swansea simply because there is already now one in the nation and of the entire population Swansea Bay CR is about one fifth the entire national population. For some odd reason it is the EU that decides who can get CR, another example of our politicians signing away decisions that should have been kept internal.

There are not many reasons to go against it but fact Swansea Bay now exists will be a big issue to Brussels that over half of welsh residents will come under just two economic outlets, meaning less investment elsewhere.

15. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

and you still can't fill the stadium in the premier league!

16. ProjectVRD

Lies! It's the shirt stock in the club store we can't seem to fill! <laugh>

Anyway getting serious, are you hoping for CR status or is it something you are not too interested in?

17. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

CR status?

18. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

It could mean...

Costa Rica (International car plate)
    Or Critically Endangered (wildlife conservation status)
    Or Crotch Rocket (motorbike slang)

but I think my esteemed friend is referring to City Region status (I could be wrong though)

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Morning Aussie - let's be sensible about this forum chat. Of course "downward and possibly even down" is only a possibility. It's just forum rhetoric on the Cardiff board - no need to get all offended and come back like a banshee. Look at Phil's comments about us over here - he ought to be certified.......<laugh>

Opinions are obviously tainted by club loyalties and you are no different. Can't be arsed to search out your negative comments expressing your opinion of where we're going and the where the present ownership is taking us - exactly the same principle applies.

If you insist on coming across here with your own negative opinions about our club, don't be so surprised to get a few back about yours. Some will be outwardly aggressive, some just provocative - you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Back to the comment - given that "downward and possibly even down" seems offensive to you, do you think the alternative "upward and possibly even top" is the more likely outcome?

20. snlk/poksnbn

Had to read that one twice. I thought you said skirt stock. I thought the Groovy's were skirt lifters. <laugh>