1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic well who would have thought, Brexit twice

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Who would have thought that two great countrys the UK and USA would have voted the way they did.

Fantastic news for the Western world,well done the Yanks, and well done the Brits.

Now for article 50 to be sanctioned,and we get on with our side of the bargain.

Well done the American people.

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Canada will feel the aftershock of this political nightmare for some time to come I'm afraid, but you have to live here to fully understand the ramifications of yesterday's vote for Trump. Considering we share the longest undefended border in the world the vast majority of Americans don't even know we exist, yet alone understand or respect our identity. Clinton was never an exciting bag of tricks either but Trump could become our worst nightmare if some of his pre-election rants were to be considered valid, but time alone will tell whether the world has officially gone mad and we live in hope that his memory fails him when it comes to the nuclear code, rather like it did when it came to him paying his taxes.

cidered abroad and Bigjohnatyeo like this.
  3. Red Robin

I would have thought ties between the USA-Canada-UK will become stronger Mike when it all settles down.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

The Americans have a moron in charge, a man who has managed to insult every single possible minority, short of the disabled.

Yes, well done the American people...

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mr Trump.

Angelicnumber16 and Red Robin like this.
  6. Red Robin

Clearly the American people voted in the moran as you call him,surely it tells you that the majority want change.

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

There are some similarities with Brexit, with their nation now divided in two halves who hate each other. The main difference being that Trump is on his way to the White House - period. The rioting has already started, whereas Brexit hasn't happened yet and there will be possibly years ahead for us now with legal wrangling and retaliatory wrangling which will ultimately end up with 50% of Britain being absolutely furious, whatever happens. The comparative calm here is a 'phoney war' because the brexiteers are confident it will happen and the remainers cling to their own belief that it can somehow still be avoided.
    Just wait till article 50 is submitted - or abandoned for good. Then the fun will really start here......

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  8. Red Robin

WEASELS: JUNCKER AND TUSK COME CRAWLING TO TRUMP TO TRY AND SECURE TRADE DEAL!
    EU, USA

For more explosive content and videos like this, please click on the "Like" button below:
    Jean-Claude Juncker and Donald Tusk have invited newly-elected US president Donald Trump to a EU-US in a desperate attempt to re-start TTIP negotiations.

please log in to view this image

The Brussels mandarins sent a letter to the Republican leader immediately after his victory, extending their “sincere congratulations”.

The letter expressed their hope Mr Trump would help foster a close relationship between America and the 28-country bloc.

It read: “Dear Mr President-Elect. We extend our sincere congratulations on your election as the 45th President of the United States of America.

“Today it is more important than ever to strength transatlantic relations. Only by cooperating closely can the EU and the US continue to make a difference when dealing with unprecedented challenges, such as Da’esh, the threats to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, climate change and migration.”

Mr Trump, who secured a stunning US election victory over his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton earlier today, was also invited to take part in a EU-US summit – with particular emphasis put on the controversial TTIP negotiations.

Their letter continued: “Fortunately, the EU-US strategic partnership is broad and deep, from our joint efforts to enhance energy security and address climate change … to the negotiations on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

“We would take this opportunity to invite you all to visit Europe or an EU-US Summit at your earliest convenience.

“This conversation would allow for us to chart the course of our relations for the next four years.”

Not everyone within the EU was as congratulatory or graceful in responding to Mr Trump’s victory.

European Parliament President Martin Schulz said the presient elect would make life ”harder” for the European Union.

He said: “It will be hard, harder than with previous administrations but he is the freely elected president.

“We must respect the future president of the United State. I hope we will find a slot to cooperate.”

9. invermeremike

Unless you understand the mess that is the American dream it is difficult to understand what this man has brought to the political table.

10. invermeremike

Ran in to a problem finishing my last comment. Anyway, Trump is a mysogynistic bully who is only interested in his own ego and feathering his own nest with no regard as to how it affects other people's lives. Some of his comments during the electoral race were outrageous in the extreme and it will be interesting to see if he, or his dog handlers, will follow through with the threats. When he said the 2nd amendment faithful (the right to bear arms) would be able to take care of Hillary Clinton he lost any possible acceptance from me.

cidered abroad likes this.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

At least Americans had the chance to vote! We've now got to wait till the mad man gets pissed of, and dresses like Darth Vader and builds a Death Star.

Yep well done yanks :(

12. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Brexit, with their nation now divided in two halves who hate each other'
    R&W
    I know for certain that you don't hate me, you may disagree but you don't hate me.

RODney, put away your worries, all will be fine.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't hate anyone RP - least of all you.
    I was exaggerating as always, but there will be a dangerous minority of supporters in both camps who will feel for reasons known to themselves that they are justified in using violence in an attempt to deliver what democracy has failed to do. In their minds they consider themselves as saviours of their countries - like a successful overthrow of Hitler may have been viewed if someone had the balls to get rid of him before WW2 - bearing in mind that democracy voted him into power.

We are facing interesting times.

14. BCFCRob

It tells me the majority are idiots. As we already knew of course...

Bigjohnatyeo and RedorDead like this.
  15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Little harsh...

16. BCFCRob

It is a bit abrupt but to be fair let's face it, just looking at our own elections, I genuinely believe more people who vote know nothing about what policies they are voting for than those who do. Anyone who has a good clue of all of the policies, and basically who or what their options are, and then come to any conclusion, be it Labour or Tory or UKIP or whatever, then fair enough. But most don't. I genuinely think people overestimate the average person's intelligence; the average person will not question what is told to them in the press or on TV, hence the crap you get on the Daily Mail and Sun websites.

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you, but in our case I think both the UK Government, and those leading the Brexit Campaign were both very poor in giving coherent information beforehand.

The UK, largely, and in some degree of ignorance in my humble opinion, and on the miniscule amount of compelling information forthcoming before the vote, elected to leave the EU in the belief that in doing so the two biggest wins (to make us all feel good again) would be that we would control immigration 100%, and we would not have to pay ridiculous sums of money to Brussels for what amounts to large quantities of sod all in return.

But the reality may be somewhat different.

In the case of the American vote, I think that those who voted Republican did so out of frustration with 3 or more decades of rudderless rule from Bill Clinton, Obama and the 2 x Bush's.

BCFCRob likes this.
  18. BCFCRob

Agree with all of that.

19. Red Robin

Bill Clinton, Obama and the 2 x Bush's. This is why America is in the mess it is.

Obama <doh><doh><doh> can not remember a worse president.

20. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the USA has spent to much time and effort on trying to be the leaders . in doing so have wasted their resources and left themselves open to others taking advantage ...
    the culture of the world is changing the hands of those that feed have started to be bitten off ... hence the UK population saying .. we have had enough peeps are coming here and getting in an instance what our own nations peeps have spent a lifetime to achieve ..and now some cant .. ....your kids or grandchildren? This country is not big enough for a population of 70m . so we need to start now on getting it down to alleviate or prolong the day it does ....... Brexit is a start, but the whole of Europe should start ... France and Belgium /Holland will be the final places for this exodus from AFRICA continent and Asia LOOKING SIMPLY FOR A "BETTER/EASIER/ FREE lifestyle .............

Red Robin likes this.