1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well played the gas

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by atcham jack, Aug 23, 2011.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

well played matty h and your super hero ex shrews scott bevan, man of the match?

2. atcham jack

have the gas passed over, is there anyone there. knock 3 times

3. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

Hornet in peace here.

I have to say it sounded like we played you out of the park and the stats back that up, but your keeper had a fantastic game and single-handedly kept you in it and then a mad decision to have our defensive players take our pens let us down. We deserved to win tonight, but no hard feelings and good luck in the 2nd round!

4. gashead1

gashead1 Active Member

it might of sounded like what ever you want??? but you really never played us of the park...FACT. to late to go into depth, another time... championship your having a laugh!!!

5. atcham jack

i think the gas have died from shock, i am just the caretaker standing in. on their behalf thanks. now where the hell are the gas when you want them. any way when you surface come and join us for a celebratory pint in the loggerheads, ps i dont think kasule driving school is in tonight

6. babyhornetdan

I think these stats will prove my point

Possession
    Bristol R 48% Watford 52%

Attempts on target
    Bristol R 5 Watford 14

Attempts off target
    Bristol R 3 Watford 13

Corners
    Bristol R 5 Watford 10

We had the best of the game and we could even have had a penalty, but as usual the ref bottled it.

7. atcham jack

eh up someone is there

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

They don't post so it looks like they actually go to their games <laugh>

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

those stats mean nothing, for example your on target shots 'could' of been all from distance and could of just bubbled towards goal and our keeper just waite dto pick it up. that would be classed as a shot on target. doesnt mean it was threatening. possession shows it was a close game.

as i was there and a watford fan was there too who has made a comment on the match thread has also confirm it..

only real talking points that matter was a goal each, woodwork hit each, both keepers made crucial saves. all your other chances statistically are classes as on/off target but never actually troubled us.

you were the better side by far in the 2nd half but extra time we looked more likely to score and nearly did.

all the best for the rest of the season. if you play like you did tonight then you may well struggle. luckily you have city in your league so at least you know that 1 relegation spot taken <ok> if you get a good in form goal scorer, that could be the difference for you <ok>

10. babyhornetdan

Well surely a shot on target means that with out intervention the ball would have gone into the net. I think the fact that we crafted 14 shots on target shows we created plenty!! How many saves would you say your keeper made, and not just picking up the rolling ball?? Also the fact that our RB who has only scored once in 10+ years at the club had 3 shots and one hit the post shows how much we were creating!!

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

may i just point out that i wasnt saying your shots were just a rolling balls. what i did say is that shots on target dont mean a thing as all your shots 'could' of been just rolling balls.

to answer your question, you had about 3 shots that troubled our keeper who had to make a decent save. everything else didnt trouble him and was just catching practice and picking up practice. it was a pretty even game counting just real chances and real threat at goal. as your own fan who was actually there has suggested you didnt really do a lot which would back up what im saying as i was there too.

stats can be deceiving thats all im saying. and on tonights game, the stats has deceived you. the game was much closer than what those stats make out. with the real chances, i would say you would of shaved it 4-3 maybe in 5-4. but both sides failed to take those chances. your other chances were not really chances unless we have no keeper of course to easily collect the ball before it rolls in the net!

all the best this season <ok>

12. babyhornetdan

I know you arent saying all our shots were rolling balls, but i have read 2 write ups now and listened to the match on the radio and from what i have seen and heard we had the best of it. I can only go by that. Sky sports say that our striker could have had a first half hatrick if it werent for your keeper. I doubt we will ever agree so i will leave it there.

Good luck for the season.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

as for creating chances, we created a lot too. but final ball wasnt as good as your where you got a shot away (no matter how good/poor your shots was). that shows why were are leagues below and the quality you have where your final ball would obviously be better than ours.

of course you can only go by what you read and hear. however radio coverage may be a bit biased if your commentators are anything like ours! if you saw the game you would understand and agree that the stats for our game is deceiving and the game was much closer than the stats suggest. all im suggesting is dont look into the stats like how you were as they dont paint the full picture. again being there and witnessing the game is certainly was closer than those stats made out and the fact that your fellow fan has confirmed that as he was there too kind of proves the point.

as you say, you read and hear what want as thats all you can really go by. i watched the game so can only go by that. its funny how this could create difference of opinions althoughi can see where your coming from as the stats do look a battering <ok>

14. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Mention us again <whistle>

15. Rhinestone Gashead

Just returned from the Mem - all I will say is this: your players were sharper, quicker and had a better touch and movement than ours in general overal play which was ok to watch which is what our players did alot of the time. However when we got a bit closer to you and mixed it up abit we played our part in an entertaining game of football. Seeing as we lost both our main tall headers of the ball I thought we battled quite well, and played some decent stuff ourselves. True, you did have a lot of shots on target but most of these were from distance outside the box and were either charged down or saved by Bevan. As for the Ref bottling your penalty it was the other end to where I stand so can't really comment on that - but I did see some of your guys dishing it out to Jo K4 right at the end and thought the ref made some wierd/bad decisions - mostly against us. Oh and just cos your right back had three shots at goal doesn't mean you were creating all over the park - I thought your left back was not up to standard and his penalty was BAD! Wish you well for the coming season (I don't know how many were from the first team squad?), but if you play like that I think you may struggle!

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

because your crap and im trying to cheer up a watford fan suggesting it could be worse. they could be in your shoes ;)

17. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

<wah>

um YOU'RE crap <ok>

ah well through to the next round eh, good for you lol

18. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Watford played some attractive football. The stats are misleading though, Watford DID NOT batter us. They had the better of the play, but they had a similar amount of meaningful attempts as we did <ok>

19. atcham jack

as i said 20 posts ago well done gas

20. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

If you insist on stats.....

Fouls
    Bristol Rovers 9 Watford 21.........yet you only got 1 yellow card

You were beaten fair and square so stop bleating and take it like a man.......:emoticon-0172-mooni