1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well i never

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by white horse, Sep 8, 2013.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Hypocrisy is actually a type of irony!! <doh>

But yes it was hypocritical (at least you noticed), unfortunately I couldn't think of a song with that in the title!!

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Isn't that the oath that Doctors take....?

3. itfcptc

what the Hippocratic Oath, sounds like something we should make members swear on here?? Or a good song title

4. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with hippopotamus then???????

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Come on use your Hippocampus

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;AjnOj9O16_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjnOj9O16_I[/video]

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Which part was hypocritical PTC?

8. itfcptc

Isn't this Grant Holts song?

9. itfcptc

How you complain that Tractorbhoy belittled white horse because he disagreed with him and then yourself go on belittle Tractorbhoy. Stuff of Kindergarten really

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I wasnt so much belittling him for disagreeing as standing up against a bully PTC.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

<doh>....

12. itfcptc

i actually don't know how to respond to that which is unlike me, words fail me!!!

13. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Come on Hampy, that is ridiculous...!

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Let's just imagine for a moment that Guru has got the wrong end of the stick and White Horse is a genuine Town fan (we don't know either way). If that's the case, his treatment has been pretty disgusting.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

"I do however stand by my view that turning your back on club is childish. As I said on the original thread, its the type of remarks that 7 year olds make. (Im now a Man City supporter they have all the great players type of comment) We are where we are. I dont think any fan is extremely happy currently but turning your back on your club when things are not going well is hardly the signs of (IMO) a true supporter."

This is what has really riled me Hoppers. The sort of thing people say hiding behind their computer monitors that they would never dare say face to face.

Also an overreaction to what white horse has actually said, which is that he doesn't feel like going to games and looks at other clubs with envy.

16. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

a) I would say that to anybodies face -
    b) If you read the whole post I said in the sentence before that that I can completely see why people may not enjoy the match day experience anymore and decide to spend their spare cash elsewhere. It was the comment whereby White Horse said that he didnt go due to the lack of investment that made me put the 'selected' quote above - White Horses actual comment was 'i for one have now stopped going to matches while this lack of spending and investment in the club continues' - MY PERSONAL OPINION is this is not true support.
    C) Personally i cant see how that is bullying in any form. I only said that I feel it is a childish viewpoint. - How can putting my view across be a form of bullying. I havent called him any names, told him he was an idiot, told him to change his views, threatened to beat the crap out of him if i ever met him, constantly harrassed him.
    This post palls into insignificance compared to some of the stuff posted against me during the PJ era YET even that wasnt bullying.
    D) If I cant express a viewpoint then we may as well give up and never post anything but...
    E) MODS - did either of you guys see anything wrong in my post (or anyone else actually) if so I will ensure that my POV is expressed in a more sensitive way in future.

17. itfcptc

Hamps all the times you could of chosen to get on your high horse and you choose this thread to do it is ridiculous!!!

You and the rest of us have been far more insulting to each other on many occassions and there were plenty of occassions on which you could have stepped in but you didn't and that was when I believe you were a MOD, so to get up on your high horse on this occassion is absurd!!! You've given out worse yourself

Many people have put their opinion accross in an uncontroversial way and been shot down and insulted because people disagree with them, this ultimitely has caused some posters to leave the forum. Yet white horse started a 'i told you so' thread which he was goading people, so it's hardly surprising with the tone of some of the responses.

18. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Zzzzzz **** me, now i remember why i seldom visit this sight.
    Hampy, you may as well give in and walk away coz ptc/tractorbhoy will go on and on and on until you either see it their way or you die of boredom reading their essays!!
    Personally if people want to boycott games or go support someone else i dont see a problem, life is too short to worry about/get upset about something so unimportant.
    The one thing that really bugs me on here is when others call you a budgie etc for having a different opinion, that my friends is the ****ing childish behavour!

19. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

sorry to have put you off Spanish - trying hard to keep my post lengths down.
    Honest.
    Would be good to see you back on a regular basis.

20. itfcptc

of course Spanish, you'd never get upset about something so unimportant......!!

I get the feeling the intention of these threads might be starting to come to fruition, so perhaps we should all leave it there before this gets out of control