1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome To Liverpool FC, Jurgen Klopp!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 7, 2015.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

See I focussed more on how we got the points to put us up there in the first place.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Same. Just seemed like you were claiming the recent run wasn't that bad. It is.

carlthejackal likes this.
  3. johnsonsbaby

It isn't :emoticon-0110-tongu

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I always ask a question at times like this (for all clubs including my own), how long/many games before form becomes the norm?

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

When you get bored?

johnsonsbaby and Lucaaas like this.
  6. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Worse win percentage than moyes. Slightly worse win percentage than the season brenton was sacked for... it's just shows how poor the season is for everyone else for you to be doing so well.

Diego likes this.
  7. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Can you repeat that plz? Can't hear you from all the way down in 6th.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You have a point there <whistle>

9. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

There is I feel a lot of revisionism happening here.

We are out of the cups (which we didn't really want to be out of). That was a poor run by us. Out of EFL and out of the FA in a few days. We never played our full strength teams in those.

The selection of youngsters in Cups was supposed to help our league form. So to say that our results in the last 5 games: 3 draws and 2 defeats (3 points out of 15) as not that bad is an extreme form of looking for that thin silver lining.

As I said, Klopp should be given full support as he gives us hope but no need to sugar coat things. We can (should be able) take it :bandit:

* Record Points Total likes this.
  10. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

3 draws and 2 defeats is 3 points out of 15. One of the worst in the league in that period. The equivalent of 1 win and 4 defeats :bandit:

* Record Points Total likes this.

11. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Errr...where's the figures on that..do you you mean the season brendan was sacked in? If so is it a comparison up to mid October 2015 and 2016?

As to the David Moyes comparison..is it same amount of a games etc or is this just a pointless exercise?

And every one of the current top six have improved on last year's points at this point of the season...I know last year was a stinker but saying everyone is **** this year is stretching it a tad lol...

If it's just a wum no worries lol..

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I blame Brexit, since that happened every ****er with an opinion will find some way of spouting it. You can say what you like nowadays, be openly racist, support Trump or slag off Liverpool. It's not right people need to get back in their box.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

The libtards mods have allowed just anyone in, illegals (matth), aliens (sisu), criminals (rhc by his own admission), all sorts of dangers to out country.

This should be liverpool first. Let's elect a mod with ginger com over to rule this board with an iron fist

14. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Didn't really improve those positions. <ok>

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

1 win in 10 games (against Plymouth) isn't a bad run?

I think the vast majority of Reds (and the board) will stick with Klopp, even if this run continues, but no manager on the planet has a never ending pot of goodwill. He needs a win to stop the rot.

16. johnsonsbaby

You need to look up what revisionism means :bandit:

Maybe it's because I'm an ol' git that I stopped my knee jerk reactions to 'runs of form' quite some time ago, I don't know, maybe I do look for the silver lining, nevertheless it's my opinion and remains so that the recent league run isn't that bad. I'm willing to give it two more games before considering a change of opinion.

17. johnsonsbaby

I can't really say it any more clearly that the cup games were played by a scratch team and while I'm not happy at that at all it doesn't influence my opinion on the 'run'. I think saying 1 win in 10 is just for rival fans to get an extra dig in. Were you all calling for Koeman to be sacked when you had a spell where you got 10 points out of a possible 36 including a '5 game run' amassing a grand total of 2 points? Why is the standard different for us? I know why, because we have far higher expectations.

As for the bit in bold - how quickly you forget Moyes :bandit:

18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

We have Spurs and Arsenal this month. An opportunity to show some fight and get ourselves back into the top 4 whilst stopping our rivals from getting some points. Draws would be disappointing.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The discussion has nothing to do with us mate, but seeing as you've brought it up, Koeman is in his first season, and took over a squad that was unbalanced, not fit enough, poorly drilled and devoid of confidence. All we expected of him this season was to deliver something better than the bilge we'd seen for the previous 2 years under Martinez. He had a bad run but we were always in a higher position than we'd finished in the last 2 seasons. There were the fickle who were starting to gripe about him btw, mainly on the net and not at the match, but nevertheless they existed.

Back to the discussion about Klopp, he didn't field scratch sides in the EFL SF's did he? Saying 1 win in 10 is merely a fact mate, and it's his choice who he puts on the pitch in any case. You had higher expectations than us this season, and rightly so given the amount of investment that both clubs have had in recent years, the expectation being higher isn't an achievement of any sort, merely a reflection of the fiscal reality (which we hope to change in the coming years)

20. moreinjuredthanowen

It is a fact you are right and in the end if players proved **** he's got to now fix it and we patiently await changes now. our season is over cos no silverware and only going for as high in league as possible.