1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome back NAAAAAAAARWICH

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 11, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a right game at Carrot Road but asking Everton to get anything tonight under that clown wasn't going to happen. Clueless.

itfcptc likes this.
  2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Oh Bugger....6 points for them then

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We've got fook all worth crowing about so best we keep our powder dry!

Spanish and fieldmarshall like this.
  4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Thanks for thinking about us, sorry I cant return the compliment <laugh>

5. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I admit I was thinking that. I've seen them a couple of times this season and felt they were half decent, just lacking some composure in each penalty area. They have a young manager with a lot of potential (unless they sack him) and a squad that should hold it's own in this league...

But, looking at their squad I genuinely think they won't be as strong as they were last season. The spine of that side consisted of Ruddy, Martin, Johnson and Jerome, add in that Hoolahoop always has a good game against us, there were a few thorns in that team who would always perform well against us. Fast forward to now, those players are not what they were, Ruddy (and Martin) seem to have gone backwards, Johnson has left and been replaced by Gary O'Neill and both Hoolahoop and Jerome are that little bit older and having to pick themselves up after a disjointed and disappointing season.

Ultimately, it comes down to how they operate in the transfer market (currently without a Chief Exec) They did well last time by bringing in Dorrans, O'Neill and Jerome to add a bit of quality to a core spine, but I don't think that spine is as strong.. I would expect Pinto, Klose and Olssen to be out of the door (leaving their back 4 a little light & probably having to include Bassong <ok>) as well as Redmond and Brady, possibly Mbokani. If they keep the manager then they will be a safe bet for top 6. But I'm not so sure we should be quite so worried* as we seem to be.

*Obviously, if we don't strengthen over the summer then Yes, we should worry

6. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Have to agree with scowey, Im not as worried as I was the last time they come down. If I remember I said that any team that finished above them would deserve to be promoted, this time and the squads at the moment I can see them possibly squeaking in the playoffs but that's as far as I would say they could go. The McNally thing is massive, that appointment is more important than any player recruitment, Its easier to appoint a Clegg than a McNally.

On the playing side, Ruddy is a shadow of the keeper of 3 years ago, Martin & Bassong are sliding backwards rapidly, upfront they are very poor, and midfield I believe they need to keep hold of Howson because otherwise they look a very inconsistent bunch of championship players.

So lets be positive, not go overboard, because I believe our games will be tight but I can believe we can do it.

So here's to next season, hopefully we can have some banter without the pettiness or being too oversensitive at a tiny bit of ribbing (just as long as it doesn't get personal). <ok>

San Diego likes this.
  7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Let's hope Big Fat Joe puts sends them down with a bang this weekend!!!<party>

8. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Norwich were a goalscorer away from comfortably staying up this time around in my opinion. Decent side just didn't net enough when ontop.

They are a bit WBA / Hull - yo yo club. You'd expect them to be top 6 again next year realistically. Still, lots of fun for us to have the derby back.

9. canary on the weald

canary on the weald Active Member

A very reasoned approach from you boys on here I must say! I'm impressed! Gutted about the drop, but you won't stay up if you don't score. I must admit it is only a small consulation but I am looking foreward to the derbys. And the banter