1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wedding dodging

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Prophet, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

How succesful were you at dodging the wedding thingy? My Missus was up at just after 6:00am to listen to barmy bastards who had stayed out all night to see some posh totty go past in a horse and cart <doh>

I got up and managed to avoid seeing it, I caught a glimpse of some boss vicar in a shiny blanket, very strangr he had a pointy head.............perhaps thats why he can't get a proper job? Anyhow I haven't seen any dresses or stuff, I retired to the computer room with a litre of scotch and some cheese rolls....................only to find myself witnessing the sad demise of 606 <wah>.

I reckon it's all a sneaky plot by the arch royalists at the BBC to force us to watch it, it was also on just about every radio station as well!

But they didn't get me <ok>

everyone else survive OK, after all we have to be fighting fit for THE event of the Bank Holiday weekend, the visit of Boro, so if you are all weddinged out, get plenty of rest, get plenty of cheese and whisky down you, and gird your loins and get yourself down to CCS, anyone else staying behind to watch Pompey v the budgies?

got to be THE place to watch it <ok>

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Got up at 6. Filled the CD player with Lynyrd Sykyrd and Tom Petty to avoid listening to the radio. Drove to Lake Vyrnwy. Sat in a boat fishing all day. No TV, radio not even a mobile signal. Trout for tea today. Got back about 10 last night just as the last of the revelers in the street were staggering home.

30 years ago I sat in a boat in the Elan Valley with my dad to avoid the Charles and Di wedding. Unfortunately dad is no longer with us, so a solo trip, but the same result!

Lots of posts from you recently Proph, are you rushing to get rid of your 'Newbie' tag?

3. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Hiya remote, never realised I had a newbie tag until you mentioned it ;) lots of posts because 606 closed, nothing on the radio but wedding, wedding, wedding, locked myself away with my computer, my scotch and some cheese rolls, so posting to pass the time <ok>

4. BLUEBIRDS

BLUEBIRDS Member

got to be honest seen 2min of it poping into to the shop getting a few beers reckon she was sat there all day watching that poo on that portable tv i really cant see a thing about the royal family to be honest

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Failed!! Had a whole weeekend of it, other than a FAW youth cup final match today up in Kairdiff (U18's), matter of fact my Brother in-laws wedding was up in Kairdiff, the Village hotel, the only high spot was winding up a few Bluetarts in the bar!!............
    please log in to view this image

By the way the Reds youth stuffed the Merthyr based side, Georgetown by 6 goals to 2 at St Josephs FC ground, dispite the rubbish pitch and facilities! Don't you have any decent pitches in Kairdiff!......................

6. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

One of the bonuses of living abroad, can easily dodge such events.
    To be honest it wasn't until yesterday (Sunday) that I realised it had all passed by 2 days earlier <laugh>

While I am here - good luck Bluebirds over the next 2 games, may the best team grab 2nd place (just hope it's us) <ok>