1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Webber: Agreement Reached

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Apr 3, 2017.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Let's hope he's an improvement on that camera shy cock end we took from Wolves .<doh>
    Deary me what a **** he was .
    "Promotion promotion promotion "

JM Fan and KIO like this.
  2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

4. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Which would suggest Stuart Webber has confirmed his preferred option for head coach is in a job and more likely to be available this summer.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'd rather that be the case and we get the right person and look forward to seeing who it is. <ok>

canary-dave likes this.
  6. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

So Irvine in charge until May.
    I guess as the season is over it wouldn't matter if Harry Houdini was in charge, the damage has long been done. Webber has a major task on his hands and I, for one, wish him luck. Lots of it <ok>
    Just saw this, when we last had a DoF <yikes> <laugh>

I had a season ticket while all that was going on! <wah>
    http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/hamilton.htm

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I thought it was only 1p5wich fans that kept banging on about history! <laugh>

8. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it! Webber will have to be Jesus Christ himself to pull off anything quickly at this club (oo-er:emoticon-0136-giggl) A sensible policy to be sure but for ****s sake some one tell Irvine to blood the younguns!

Bah!

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much as we expected and I can at least go to the remaining home games and not worry about the results.
    From what SW said in his interview, he seems to be looking forward to the challenge and if anyone can make a difference to out outdated squad, then I feel that he's the man (with the new HC) to do it and I'd be very surprised if all those players who are out of contract are still here next season and wouldn't be surprised if Naismith and Wildschut are offloaded at a loss. You never know, he may even recognise that we need to strengthen our defence and not spend circa £7M on yet another midfielder when there are several in the youf team who I'm sure could make the step up!!! <yikes>
    To quote the parable of the sower – ‘and some fell on stony ground!!!’
    I think there will have to be a 'blue moon in the east' before that happens, as he still rates Hoolahan ahead of Maddison!!! <doh>
    I'd LOVE to be proved wrong though!!!

Edit - and I've just seen that Hoolahan is fit to return tomorrow, so I expect we'll have Naismith and Hoolahan behind Jerome. I'm convinced AI is just AN's ventriloquist dummy!!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    canary-dave likes this.
  10. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

From what AI said today, I fully expect Wessi to start tomorrow! <doh>

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes Dave, I've just edited my post!!!! <doh>
    I'm HOPING he's one of the players going to be culled at the end of the season.

goldeneadie likes this.
  12. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Me also, time to move on and bin the sentimentality.

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

canary-dave likes this.
  14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Must say I've been impressed with what he has said so far - obviously it's easy to say stuff, much harder to make it happen but the initial signs are positive.
    He's very forthright, down to earth and straight-talking, which is just what we needed after the invisible man and his inane witterings about "promotion, promotion" but no clue about how he planned to achieve it <doh>
    Three more interviews with SW in this piece which are worth a listen, especially when he talks about recruitment - NCFC's achilles heel for about four (4) years now <yikes>
    http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=487213

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes Cromer, the 'summer sale' (Roll up, Roll up - bargains in all positions!!!) and subsequent recruitment is going to be fascinating.
    I'm almost willing to bet that we WON'T be signing ANYONE who plays AMF!!!!!!

Edit - Another 'soundbite' from SW - “People were saying ‘you need to play two up front, everyone’s worked out this tippy-tappy passing’. Actually, we were playing really well, we’d just lost a couple of games, that’s football. It’s 11 versus 11, a forward misses a sitter, their centre-forward’s goal goes in off his backside, that happens.
    That should not change fundamentally, in my opinion, the way you do it. A big part of me coming here and leading the head coach search is there will be somebody with a very clear identity that then becomes the Norwich way of doing it but not in just chucking the term out there ‘the Norwich way’ or whatever.

Or just because an opposing team has 6 shots on goal and every one results in a goal, you should not make wholesale changes to your tactics etc!!! <doh>

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017