1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford Warriors vs Mourinho United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

The players that don't get a game should appreciate the fact the team is winning, or at least making an effort to win. They should play on merit, not because of favouritism.

Something Klopp has instilled into our squad and the players that don't get a game are happy to see the others doing well, and when they do get their chance they fill in very well.

Jose needs to sort it out, like Cytrax said Jose isn't the greatest when his backs against the wall.

Simply put you need to bury Leicester and go from there. If Leicester beat you, then there are big problems.

cytrax and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  2. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I said a couple of days ago that he is NOT the man for a crisis as Chelsea proved. Now was this a Euro hangover? Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I am actually lost for words. I didn't expect us to lose today regardless of who plays and whatever sh*ty system deployed. It's simply a shocker! We are fast becoming a national basket of jokes. We had two shots on target in that match. What an abject failure! The thing is that Mourinho had enough time to figure out what would work rather than trying out so many systems 5 games into the season.

Also, I really cannot understand why we spent so much on Pogba only for him to spend all his time in defense.

4. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why you bought him back, NEVER BUY BACK.

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about Pogba himself. I'm concerned that the strange setup of the system will keep him pegged at the back. It is beyond me. Mourinho really fkin needs to step up after this match. To keep a false striker or No. 10 player on the pitch that fails to register a shot on goal, forget on target, is a really bad sign. Rooney can FUK OFF!!!

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, Van Gaal was slaughtered for playing Martial wide, but I guess Radford and has come through and you have to accomodate Ibra

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He wasn't. He was slaughtered for playing Young at full back or Fellaini as a striker or Di Maria through the middle.

Martial is more than at home out wide. As would Rashford be. They are attackers, be it wide or through the middle. They're too young to he pigeon holed.

For all UIR''s bollocks he was right on one thing. Where did Thierry Henry start out?

Those two aren't the problem.

8. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

It's almost entirely Mourinho's fault. He continues to pick Fellaini and Rooney, neither of whom have contributed positively on a consistent basis for 3 years and not at all this season.

For a manager who supposedly is obsessed with detail it's clear that he doesn't know his best team or formation.

cytrax likes this.
  10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd say it IS entirely Mourinho''s fault. He's gone against what he said he would do, which is to now pick Rooney in CM, while leaving three actual CM's out. Throw Blind and Schweinsteiger in makes five and there is no need at all to pick him there.

I've defended his selection up front, the choice is him Mkhi, who's injured, or Mata IF we have to have a 10.

Mourinho picks the team and where they play. This scapegoating of Rooney, and even Fellaini, is discomforting. People need to have a look at themselves.
    They're picked to play so they play, no need to call them ****s. Both put effort in.

It's the ****ing manager who has to get a grip on things. He has to sort it, these players won't drop themselves.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

I don't think people are scapegoating Rooney and Fellaini, I think they're simply pointing out the fact that both have been ****e for 3 seasons and yet are always selected when fit at the expense of players like Herrera and Carrick who invariably perform on the rare occasions that they get to start a game.

I hate to side with the majority but when I see both Rooney and Fellaini's names on the team sheet I fully expect for United at best to win ugly and at worst lose ugly.

I'd go so far as to say that I'd rather have Fellaini in the team than Rooney. I've openly admitted that I've never liked the hired Scouse gun and he's been stinking up Old Trafford for far too long.

glazerfodder likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Actually, plenty people are. You are surely joking to say otherwise.

It's no secret I think Fellaini is ****. I can't fault his effort, he just isn't good enough.

It's Rooney who's the scapegoat.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

TBF Chief Rooney has been ****e so far this season (and most of last). He cant sprint anymore (maybe once per game), his free kicks are poor, his corner kicks either hit the first man or go out for a throw on the other side of the pitch. When was the last time you saw him take a shot from outside the area and actually work the keeper, even his passing in normal play has been abysmal so far (either behind the player, too soft and intercepted or too hard to control) apart from the odd 40/50 yard diagonal out to the wings. All I can say for him this season is he is always available for a pass to help others under pressure, but that only helps if he does something with the ball once he has it.
    He has been a long term great player but he just isn't anymore.

glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  14. Stan

Stan Stalker

To be fair Rooney has by and large been **** for 3 seasons having thrown a mental strop around the time Fergie left (Fergie knew). His crossing and passing today was embarrassingly poor. When did he last have a good game for United or England? Must be years ago. He plays like an old man trying to keep up with the kids. His lifestyle has caught up with him. It's really gone beyond a joke.

glazerfodder and luvgonzo like this.
  15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think it's also that he was a full time professional football at 16 years old that's caught up with him but that's just an aside.

It's Mourinho needs to sort it out though. He's picking the team, he's deciding the tactics. We were ****e without Rooney and Fellaini on Thursday and we were ****e with them both on Sunday.

The common denominator is our formation and tactics, or lack of them.

It makes his decision to ostracise Schweinsteiger all the more baffling when he then sticks Rooney in his position. Some of the stuff he is doing is downright weird and if it were Moyes or van Gaal it is they who would be getting slaughtered, not individual players.

16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I was only half listening but on Talksport this morning he seemed to be slagging off Shaw. Singling out players, particularly young players, rarely ends well.

luvgonzo likes this.
  17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He's certainly pointing the finger at the players here. I thought he would do well at Utd and it's early yet but there's certainly pressure on the manager and that seems to be very much down to his tactics and choice of players. Utd fans are not happy with what they are seeing on the pitch.

18. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

19. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Matth is ****ing brilliant

20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

After losing to City, I was hugely disappointed to see the team sheet at Feyenod
    This statement is telling, fodder:

"But Mourinho then seemed to change his mind, starting Mata in United's first three league games this season, which all ended in victory. Mata was then dropped to the bench for the Premier League matches against Manchester City and Watford, both of which United lost? A coincidence...?"