1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Everton

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Dec 8, 2016.

1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Thought there was a real fight and togetherness there today and generally a more direct and physical approach. Just let them play too much in those last 10 mins. Poor defending again for their second though and a heart in mouth moment when Gomey let the one go underneath him and across the front of the goal. Prodl heading for player of the season at the moment! A really important 3 points.

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Of course, the only reason people vomit is because they had too much to drink the night before! <steam>

Lazy journalism! <doh>

4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Was worried after first, and especially second Everton goals. I thought the ref was going to give them a pen a 3.2, I thought it was a one.

Great win, great togetherness, really needed that win.

City next!

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is it safe to look at the Norwich board tonight Dave?

6. Mexican Hornet

probably a good game, in hindsight, for Pereyra to miss.

Right have a good weekend yall...

7. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

'Watford definitely deserved to win the game. Everton were well below standard and you can understand why they are in the run they are in. For most of the game, Everton really didn't pose many threats'

This was Mark Schwarzer's view on 5Live which I think is about right. Just seen an interview with Koemen and he thinks they had control for a good chunk of the first half and deserved a draw. Other than the last 10 I just didn't see that. Certainly one of the poorest performances from an away side at the Vic this season.

8. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

There is an NBC commentator who is a Watford fan

9. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

First time this season I've seen us make 3 defensive substitutions. Was hoping for Success in at 75 for Zuniga. We could have got 4 if we had the will.

10. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

That's Peter Drury - the guy I'm thinking of is a former player (and coloured).

11. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Behrami being sick may have been a delayed effect of the incident in the first half where he landed badly and I thought he was just winded - maybe it caused whatever he had at half-time to come back up.
    jerzeypie told me about a tweet from a Reading fan stating that the home grown rule needs to be looked at again because of us.

12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well Reading themselves have quite a few overseas players now Stam is there.

Even Everton yesterday only had Baines and Barry as English players plus Williams.

All over 30 I think whilst their main prospect was sat on the bench in Barkley.

13. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I i we are long more and more like a prem side... Good players for all positions etc etc Prodl, yes, looking good . And Osama...adds something much needed up front.. Mid table end of season a distinct possibility.

14. Bolton's Boots

Posted from the pub? :)

15. Bolton's Boots

Great touch...

16. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One report that I read this morning called Stefano Okaka a journeyman player. I know it was only one game but he seemed to me to have rather more about him than that. His overall effort for the team was quite impressive, and as a team him and Deeney looked as if they could bring fear into many a defence. With Amrabat giving Baines a real runaround, as an attacking force we look fine, but still some work to do with the defence. Everton looked poor, so it is difficult to judge how far we have progressed, but I think that we might slowly be getting there.

17. Bolton's Boots

Journeyman player? The man's an Italian International ffs!!

Written by a journeyman reporter, I imagine...

18. Mexican Hornet

The Everton fans´ comments on the Guardian are very fair, no whining, giving credit where it is due. They are worried for their team, understandably, this was my favourite:

"Absolutely abysmal performance. 3 defensive midfielders. McCarthy looks like he doesn’t give a ****, Barry – too ****ing old and the pace of a three legged horse off its tits on Valium that I’ve probably backed some time in the past. (You’ve had a great career son… but it’s time to retire to the golf course and after dinner circuit, where you can dine off tales of your most memorable bookings)
    It’s time to face up to the fact that this season, which started full of promise is looking like the season the old arse will be starting to squeak come February. Can any of you see where 20 points are going to come from with this lot? Because I cant.
    Arsenal next… they always give us a football lesson. Liverpool after… with the inevitable thrashing
    **** Christmas… it’ll be about as merry as a piss up with Scrooge looking after the kitty and Steve Gerrard in charge of the disco.
    Something has to change… new players in January? Yeah… pull the other one. On the evidence of the last three months We need a goalkeeper, a couple of centre halves, at least two midfielders with a bit of pace who can pass a ****ing ball forward and different options up front.
    Get ready for a rough ride… we’re heading for a dogfight and at the moment look like a bunch of fluffy little pussy cats."

Bolton's Boots likes this.
  19. Bolton's Boots

20. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Man U then Everton - anyone else we haven't beaten in the top flight since the 80s?