1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock Issues Advice to LJ.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 15, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Neil Warnock issues advice to Lee Johnson after Bristol City's defeat to Cardiff City
    By a_stockhausen | Posted: January 14, 2017
    please log in to view this image

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock at Ashton Gate

Neil Warnock had some words of advice for under-pressure head coach Lee Johnson after a pulsating Severnside derby today.

Having watched his team come from 2-1 down to win 3-2 at Ashton Gate and consign the Robins to a club-record-equalling seventh straight league defeat, Cardiff's experienced manager backed his opposite number.

He said: "Bristol City don't look like a relegation side to me. They have some really good players and I can't see them going down.

"I've had losing runs like this at various times in my career, even times when I couldn't see where the next goal was coming from.

"You cannot see a way out of it and, when your team is leading and then concedes an equaliser, it knocks the stuffing out of you.

please log in to view this image

"In those situations, you have to stay strong and keep working hard. I'm sure it will turn for Lee."

Warnock celebrated his first game in charge with victory over City in October and, having completed the double over the Severnside rivals, he was in upbeat mood at the post-match press conference.

"We showed a lot of character," said Warnock. "I thought we just about shaded it and the quality of the finishing was really good.

"It was a very dour game and that was probably my fault, because of the way we set up. I was pleased when they scored, because it opened the game up.

"At 2-1 down, I was wondering what I was doing here at the age of 68. At 3-2 up, I remembered why I do this for a living."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/neil-w...cardiff-city/story-30057874-detail/story.html

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Nice to hear from the old bugger..
    'Bristol City don't look like a relegation side to me. They have some really good players and I can't see them going down.'

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

he woudnt be saying that had they lost

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I like Neil Warnock and it really annoys me that I do

Red Robin likes this.
  5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The guy is a quality manager,would love him here.
    Not a yes man though.
    A manager that would take this club forward
    Love him or hate him the guy is a quality manager.

6. Red Robin

The results say we are

7. wings-of-a-crow

Warnock would be the final kick in the nuts for me, 16 different clubs and relegated and sacked at most of them, great move robin,lets take the club back 15 years.

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But we didn't did we pal - you did.

It can be easy being magnanimous in victory but it can be more difficult to be gracious in defeat - you clearly find it impossible to be that toward Warnock.

I put up a thread on here Friday about Warnock v Johnson and asked the question about whether the result could influence Johnson's future at your club. Well that certainly seems to be the case given the content on here since.

Warnock beat Johnson hands down in both games this season. There's no substitute for experience in this game and unless you have it like Warnock, "youthful exuberance" is best confined to actions on the pitch not the manager's dressing room talk.

Warnock was probably saying that he thought you had more than sufficient quality in your side to stay up - that's all. If you find that's disingenous of him, maybe it's just because you don't like him personally.

Either way, he's probably a better manager than you've had across there since Alan Dicks.

9. Red Robin

Well said sparkey

10. wings-of-a-crow

yes lets see where he is in a years time, I say again he would a backward move for this club.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be honest, I'm more concerned where we'll be than him.

12. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Savvy manager. At 1-0 he made 2 subs that changed the game. A short guy that was able to outjump 3 of our defenders for the equaliser and Hoilett who made comfortable work of Little. The penalty changed the game.
    Somehow, despite how annoying he can be,I cant help end up liking the guy. I do believe that deep down, he has a soft spot for us too

Oldsparkey and Red Robin like this.
  13. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

Likewise. He's a character, one of the few remaining, and I think that has something to do with it!!

Oldsparkey, BCFCRob and Red Robin like this.