1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Vodafone and iPhone SE or Three and Samsung Galaxy 8

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, May 2, 2017.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I have SE with EE <ok>

Much prefer the SE as it's still small enough to be able to use properly with one hand unlike most of the other new phones. EE are pretty good, got decent deal with BT sport app for free with it as well (although only 6 months).

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help.

Decided not to go with either Vodafone or Three and will stick with my plan with BT. I'll buy a phone as and when I need it.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  3. Blacker-than-Knight

I have iPhone with 3, unlimited data contract as I use way beyond any capped limits, about 150 gigs minimum a month, one thing I like is their app so that if you don't have a signal you can use wifi to get calls, comes in handy in some of the dead spots in Cumbria and Scotland, also good for roaming as I go over to Ireland a fair bit and get the same rates as per my uk contract. I was with Vodafone from the beginning of the whole mobile phone thing, the company was originally Peoples Phone, finally had enough of their lack of customer service and increasingly expensive and restrictive contracts after 21 years, when I got in touch with them to cancel my contract there was no attempt to retain me as a customer after all that time, would never use them again even if they were cheaper.

4. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

You use 150gigs a month? How? are you like constantly downloading everything in the world?

5. Blacker-than-Knight

It's quite easy when you don't have to worry about any usage caps, I use things like Amazon Prime a lot along with Skygo, I am also usually up until at least 2am each night and like to look into anything that interests me, I have a lot of time but very little money as I gave up my career to take on the role of full time carer for my mum nearly three years ago.

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  6. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

That's fair enough. I sometime stream on the train, BBC iplayer and stuff, but I never every hit my 10gb usage, perhaps because I'm on the wifi so much.