1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vardy

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Lcfcfox1, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

It was great to see JV in form for the Lions, and what a great goal, can anyone remember a headed goal from him (or any goal for that matter)?

Hopefully that's the kick start he needs, starting against the Hornets

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He won the penalty as well as scoring this rather beautiful goal - as you said, hopefully this wakes him up.

3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Superb goal. Let's hope it doesn't affect him in the league, though, eh? ;)

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Read somewhere that Henderson 'found him with a great ball'. What rubbish. He pumped in a ball to two players that were offside but Vardy's alertness and pace made that goal. Left the defender for dead.

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Time for a bit of controversy here!

I thought Vardy's movement, control and touch were poor for most of the game. How he got the man of the match award was baffling. The penalty was a gift from Reina. The first touch got the ball caught under his feet and the second pushed it too far right but he chose to run into the keeper rather than follow the path of the ball. Not the first time he's done this but I hope it's the last, as it is pure gamesmanship rather than sportsmanship and I hate to see it.

Whereas Sturridge is criticised for not staying down the middle, Vardy stayed there too much and didn't make runs down the channels enough to get himself space and move the central defenders about. He also seems to have lost some of the pace and hunger. He spent most of the game acting like a traffic cop on point duty pointing to where other players should be rather than concentrating on his own position.

Hopefully the bad parts of his game have been down to lack of confidence, and the goal, which he undeniably took well, will get him back to his old ways. For me he now needs to work harder for Leicester to justify a starting role for us. With the introduction of Slimani and our current lack of strength in central midfield (apart from Drinkwater), it's difficult to see us playing with 2 out and out strikers.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... think there is something in what you say ... but as for the MOTM award ... gets penalty, scores goal, tees Walcott up superbly for what should have been Goodnight Eileen ... what other player had a more significant effect on the game in the time on the field? ...

... as for his pace ... don't think he has lost any ... neither Sturridge or Rooney would have had the pace to get to Lallana's exquisite pass (and for me Lallana and Vardy are potentially a great link-up) ...

He is (was) struggling for confidence and that has shown in his touch lately but he grew remarkably in statuture once the goal went in ... disagree on the pen... yes first touch poor, trying perhaps to make too certain of it, when last season he probably takes that first time ... but having had that poor first touch he knows the keeper could get there so attempts to take it wide ... Reina's momentum takes him into Vards not the other way round for me ... so a pen all day ...

7. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Didnt he score with his head at Southampton last season in the 2-2 draw?

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... think he got one against Sunderland with his head in the first game of the seaon?