1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 21st. March 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Mar 20, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Meetings

Clonmel

N/H 7 Races 1:55-5:15p.m.
    Exeter
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:25p.m.
    Southwell
    A/W 7 Races 2:10-5:35p.m.
    Wetherby
    N/H 6 Races 2:20-5:10p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

Doalittle and stick like this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Top marks for keeping going during this post Cheltenham depression attivo. You're a gem

Chaninbar, SwanHills, gazboy and 7 others like this.
  3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

4:00 Gold Ingot 18/1

Another big priced horse, back to a fair mark, waited with for better ground and yard in stonking form. Jockey riding well and everything looks set for a big run.

Ekbalco99 and SaveTheHumans like this.
  4. stick

stick Bumper King

Two very modest looking bumpers at Exeter and Wetherby tomorrow. Both have a previous bumper winner from a decent yard and I love to oppose them! It really is a no bet day on these two races but I may as well give an opinion of sorts.
    Henderson sends Captain Woodie all the way to Wetherby having previously sent him to Musselburgh. I was happy enough to oppose him there and would again tomorrow but it is nigh on impossible to find anything of value to pin the colours on. My tentative selection would be TOWN HEAD 20/1 as he comes from a family of fairly decent flat performers and at 20/1 could sneak a place.
    The Exeter bumper is slightly better fare and I am a little more reticent about opposing the previous winner Just A Sting as he did win quite nicely at Bangor. I would just err on the side of taking him on but I am split between two. I like the pedigree of Ben Paulings SILVER HOLLOW 9/2 and the yard does well in bumpers but I also like the look of AZBO who at 33/1 sits far more neatly in the dart at an outsider category.

gazboy and rudebwoy like this.
  5. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Exeter 3.05-Magical Thomas looks the standout candidate here on better ground.Money down already.
    Wetherby 3.25-Caius Marcius is also one who should fare much better on good ground.Both 5/1 in singles and a double

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  6. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Hello, hello, hello. It’s me. Your friend and idol, Dr Sir Barney Chuckles OBE VC MFI M&S, back from the War.

My regular readers might want to note that the ‘county set’ have identified a ‘live ‘un’ for Saturday and plan to wager accordingly. We will be crossing the county line looking to raid those bookmakers satchels.

Very disappointed though, people. To use a terrible Chav expression ‘What’s occurring’?!? It’s close to a quarter to 10 and on today’s ‘Daily thread’ those immortal forum words ‘I’ve been told’ haven’t yet been muttered re today’s racing. Where have all the moles, insiders and informants gone?!? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more…

Good luck, pilgrims.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Barney. How long ago was it when you first mentioned Might Bite as a cracking prospect?

8. stick

stick Bumper King

I've been told that Barneys regular readers are all alive and well and forming an orderly queue at the Chippenham Soup Kitchen.

9. Sir Barney Chuckles

Think it was just before he first ran. Cor blimey and I can still remember his first race. Was as green as can be that day. Came to win the race and then didn’t have a clue what to do! How things have changed though.

Might Bite is currently on 154 and the obvious first big target for him in term 2017/18 will be what was the Hennessy. There will though be plenty of anxious glances from Seven Barrows tomorrow morn re what his new rating will be. I guess whether or not he goes for (or even wins) that Newbury heat will be decided by the handicappers reaction, to last week, and his soon to be revealed perch. Might Bite is already a winner at the Royal Berkshire venue by the way.

I think full marks re Might Bite and ante-post wagering though should go to Tom Segal who a few weeks ago put him up, in the Weekender, to win the 2017 ‘King George VI Chase’ at 33/1 under the headline that he was ‘at least 25 points too big’. Spot on, and some, as 5/1 now the best available price re that contest.

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

I say Stick, my old love, that’s a bit harsh! Will you be having the ‘Oxtail’ as usual tonight by the way?!?

My Cheltenham advice on the old newsletter thingy wasn’t that bad and even produced a little profit for the regular readers – 9 advices, 8 ran, 2 winners (Buveur D’air and Defi Du Seuil). Also hit the bar post and old stanchion as well as also contained within were Neon Wolf, Divin Bere and Wonderful Charm – all beaten a neck or less. Overall ‘broke even’ at the meet thanks to the above and the likes of Yorkhill, Un De Sceuax and Might Bite but must confess was dire in the handicaps.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

Just giving the old chain a bit of a yank old boy, just seeing if you "Might Bite".

Glad you got out unscathed. As I mentioned on another daily thread yesterday those poor old bookie chaps must be really down on their luck. Yet to see anyone come on here and confess to being wiped out.

12. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Strike is back wins 1st@ clonmel. Few dats late for me :emoticon-0121-angry

13. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Mixed fortunes there-One wins and the other pulls up!

14. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

Hoping the Elliott train can keep going at Clonmel in the last
    Mon Eldorado 3/1

15. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Just did 5 mile pubrun <badger>

stick likes this.
  16. stick

stick Bumper King

When penalised bumpers win I am usually stuffed and both won today.
    A runner up at 20/1 not to be sniffed at I guess.

rudebwoy and gazboy like this.
  17. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

That's a big pub.

gazboy and Chaninbar like this.