1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpers

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Jan 25, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

I'll respond to you dude, well thought out and factual response, not much i would disagree with there. In the whole Brexit scenario it is clear what my stance was, it is the none voters that need to be targeted. In my opinion I think like Cameron a lot of people thought we would stay in, even I didn't believe my vote would win, although I hasten to add I believed in my vote for non immigration reasons. Mine was more to do with a term you used earlier Americanisation basically a one state, which deep in my psychology of things I'm against. However, I believed those that wanted to stay in the EU became complacent, probably not helped by the media and didn't turn up to vote, leaving the door open for the likes of me, because Brexiters were more hardened to their cause of out. Yes, I get your reasons for being upset and not getting a vote, roles reversed I probably be upset too, but maybe I would be pointing the finger at the lot that couldn't be bothered to get off their arse and I think that was the final nail in the remainers coffin. I could be wrong but that is what I believe.

2. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, you lot have been busy. I have commented for a bit because I've been busy and every moment I've had, I've been playing catch up. :emoticon-0107-sweat
    OK.Caught up.
    Of course it's well known that immigrants to this country are net contributors. It doesn't make the headlines because the Dacre et al want to pursue the myth that these foreigners are taking white people's jobs. When of course, often it's Johnny English who thinks they're above doing jobs 'only fit for immigrants'. It suits the 'suits', too, because they don't have to pay as much to get English arses out of the sofa-ruts to work. All immigrants I've met, and I meet a lot through work, are very hard-working, keen to contribute, members of society.
    Those whose English arses would have to be crowbarred out the sofa, buy the Daily Mail, resent those who have taken 'their' jobs, and vote Farage. God forbid he should deliver and they should be out in cold, rainy fields picking farm produce with their bare hands.

Brag raises a different issue re skilled labour. More complicated, I admit. Forgive me for being glib, as I say this is a complicated one, and I don't mean this as any sensible answer to Brag's post, or as any answer to him directly, I don't know his politics - OK, <hug> apologies done ;) - but isn't this market economics? Isn't this what the Daily Mail readers love? In short, how can those from the right complain about market forces?

3. brb

brb CR250

Never read the Daily Malice...mainly due to it's past history of negative reporting about football supporters.

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

1) I am quite real. ;)......and we have all been talking about personalising posts being unhelpful to debate :)

2)You will see that I was replying to SH's general comment and not yours. So I go apologise for any misunderstanding.

Sure there will be examples either way.. But i stand by the general principle re immigration being a nett gain

<ok>

andytoprankin and brb like this.
  5. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

These types of votes are nearly always decided by the non voters brb. Elections are no different, and the smaller the turnout out is, the more unpredictable the result becomes - the more committed people always turn up, which is why the 'smaller' parties always profit from a low turnout. What is the answer ? Compulsory voting, as in Belgium or Luxemburg ?

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Hope this video works - I'm having a poor run of getting them to work on here.

Whatever people believe about immigration, be it for or against, I wonder how many would think that what Trump and his entourage do/say to this guy is acceptable.

7. Bolton's Boots

Australia's Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, accuses Trump of bullying him over the phone & hanging up half way through a conversation. Looks like the pressure may be getting to Trump. And Turnbull gets a taste of his own medicine.

What a red letter day... :)

8. andytoprankin

9. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

What is really interesting is that you would have a problem finding a national leader more like Trump than Turnbull. You would think that they would be best mates. Perhaps Trump is hoping that Pauline Hanson will become Australian PM.

10. andytoprankin

I will unashamedly steal that moniker for the DM and pretend I've used it for years. <laugh> <ok>

I've spent ages (well about an hour, which in non-Internet years is about 7 hours, so yes, 'ages' ;)) looking for this clip and eventually found it. I do urge you all to watch it. 2 minutes. Bit of Plato. Bit of coalcher, 'n' that. Drifting into Pete and Dud, but seriously this made me think of 1930s Berlin, pre-referendum UK, and now in the United States. Spare the time it's worth it:

11. Bolton's Boots

12. yorkshirehornet

This is frightening and compellling stuff Andy.... I just hope it is not about to repeat itself today.

13. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Yesterday they repealed a law which inhibited those with mental health problems from buying guns....

Tells you all you need to know, really....

14. yorkshirehornet

I was listening to a very interesting radio 4 programme about his policies last night. It really is a market forces approach being railroaded through. Will Likely increase growth in the US...but with increasing privatisation of public services and infrastructure as the only way of funding his initiatives... And reducing health and social care services to an absolute minimum

15. Bolton's Boots

Trump to charged with plagiarism? :)

Hadrian.jpg

16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

17. Bolton's Boots

18. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member