1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer rumours ............

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, May 20, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

The silly season starts with a vengeance soon, who will be coming and going from life at the Cottage over the summer, today's rumours are:

Fansfc reports we are interested in Thomas Hitzlsperger. Apparently he is available on a free as he had a relegation clause in his contract.

Thisislondon report that we want Wilfried Zaha, promising young winger from Cystal Palace. Dikagcoi may be thrown into the deal and a bit of cash.

Everyone suggesting the return of the Konch.

Hughes has suggested that AJ is not for sale.

The mirror reports that Roma are interested in signing Phillippe Senderos.

Would love Thomas Hitzlsperger to be at Fulham, 29 and stil capable of changing games. Do not know too much about Zaha, but young and pacy certainly fits our needs.

Feel free to update if any other rumours are known. I know most will end up as rumours and nothing more but you never know !!

2. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I'm a little worried Roma might take an interest in Dempsey ... some Americans bought the team and now want to bring in one or two high-profile American players.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've heard that a French team (PSG? Can't remember) are interested in Dempsey as well. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Also, we were linked with Sol Bamba, an Ivory Coast international centre back currently playing for Leicester this week.

4. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Demps i hope that Roma cannot tempt Clint away from, not sure why but i do not see that happening. Same for PSG, if anything I could him moving to Liverpool but pray that he stays right where he is.

Captain, Sol Bamba has been linked with us before i think when Roy was around. I guess if Senderos were to go then a replacement CB would be needed.

5. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Reports from The People suggest we have made the first move to sign Mexican whizkid Pedroza Whitham. He is a 20 year old striker who was born in Chester but lives in Mexico.

6. RobespierreFFC

I have a friend who supports leicester and he rates sol bamba very highly so I would be happy to have him as back up for hughes and hangeland. Hitzlsperger would be fantastic. Often thought how unbelievable murphy would be if he could crack a decent shot from distance, so to have hitzlsperger alongside him in midfield would be great. Saying that, sidwell seems to have decent shot on him so this may not be a priority.

7. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Today we are being linked with DJ Campbell. Only realised earlier that he has scored 13 times this season. That is a good return. Haven't seen much of him play but 13 goals this season is impressive.

8. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again - N'Zogbia. Worth £8 million of anyone's money - swap for AJ plus cash maybe? Campbell is good as is Taylor-Fletcher, although he is another big striker possibly too much Bobby. Hitzlesperger on a free would be fantastic deal.

9. valjing

valjing Member

Totally agree with your comments Ful:I think with a couple of make up weights
    we could get away wit an added 4/5 mil. Charlie Cdam ?

10. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

If we're going for new strikers. I'd still hope we'd be ambitious enough to go for Defoe. He's definitely out of favour with 'Arry.

11. rocky57

rocky57 Member

It's wages, wages, not salaries I believe rf.

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I'd like to see us have a go for Defoe (yo) but as has been said, his wages would be a stumbling block. Would love to see Charlie Adam at the Cottage, but he'll be going to Liverpool or someone similar. N'Zogbia would be a superb signing, he'd add a bit more urgency and flar to the side. Kranjcar would be worth a look too. I still wish we'd have gone for Steven Ireland before he went to Villa, he looked a real talent before the Citeh revolution.

13. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

If Roma want Dempsey I'd try a swap for Jon Arnie Riise and Philippe Mexes.

Seems we will need a Rightback and Leftback
    Some suggestions if we could get them
    RB: Maxi Pereira (Benfica) Bardsley (Sunderland) Marco Motta (Udinese?)
    LB: Izeguirre (Celtic) Cristin Molinaro (Stuttgart) Figueroua (Wigan)

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Super Brian, Mexes has joined AC Milan. Riise is 30, which I think is a lot older than we should be looking for. If we're happy with a player in that age group, he wouldn't be a bad signing, but neither would Konch who would probably sign for a smaller wage. As I've said before, I think we should be looking for players in their early to mid 20s to rejuvinate the team a bit.

I don't know enough about most of your suggestions to comment. Figueroua would have been more likely if Wigan had gone down, although he's not an impossible target. The Sunderland defender who caught my eye earlier in the season was Nedem Onoura, who was on loan from Manchester City. He was playing at right back if I recall and he looked good. If he's available, he could be worth a punt.

15. toshchamberlainsmate

Onouha is good and flexible and seems to have a good work ethic. Can he play left side? I'm not sure he's a serious enough improvement on Bairdy to be worth a lot of money/extra wages.

16. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Dont think much of DJ. Hes ok, but I would like to see us try harder than that. Dempsey could well be on the out. I dont feel hes been better this season, but has played up front and therefore scored goals, raising his profile. He has always been a top player. We need to hang onto Him, Bobby and Hangeland- for me they are the base of our team. All, however, are worthy of attracting interest, and i can't help but feel we may loose one. The only position that trully needs addressing is wingbacks. everywhere else, a good signing would be great as a squad strengther or improver, but not completely necessary.

17. toshchamberlainsmate

The good (and bad) thing about BZ and Brede is that they are both the wrong side of 30. Thus most teams which might be seen as a "step up" from us won't be that keen (certainly not at any realistically large price). Deuce is a bit younger and therefore I'm more worried about his situation.

18. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

True, didnt think of that to be hoest. Hangeland turns 30 in June. A few years ago he was attracting interest from arsenal and liverpool, though admittedly that has faded. I agree then, that they (hopefully) won't attract much interest. Agreed with Dempsey- hes gained a big profile this season, and could play for a bigger club. if he goes, I hope that it is early on, allowing us more time to have a think.

19. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I can't see Dempsey going unless it's for a bigger club (top 6). And which of those would want him? Liverpool maybe, but he strikes me as someone who'd prefer to be the main man at a club like he is now. I'm more worried about Sparky doing one (which is seeming less and less likely).

20. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Fulham to have quite a busy summer:
    In 7 or so of the following (Rumoured NOT opinion))
    Konchesky, Joe Cole, Ramsey, Osvaldo, Larsson. Gudjohnson, Crouch, Defoe, Zaha, Wright-Phillips, Bentley, Rudnevs Jack Stephens, Laura, Bothroyd, DJ Campbell

Bit of info on Rudnevs: He is a Lech Poznan striker (Lech Pozan have possibly the worlds best fans!!) Hes Latvian and 23 years old, plays up front and scores goals (Including a Europa League hattrick against Juventus.

Out all of the following:
    AJ, Riise, Senderos, Gera (sad to say), Paintsil (again sad to say), Dikgacoi, Kamara