1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Tractor Tim, May 11, 2011.

1. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

Billy Sharp & James Coppinger from Doncaster, Hearts defensive midfielder Eggert Jónsson and 21-year-old Tranmere left-back Aaron Cresswell. Guess there will be lots of names thrown about at the moment and many will be fiction of course but, better that than none! Any thoughts on these or others?

2. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

i suppose its good news as far as pj is not waisting time and waiting till last week of window like the last pratt
    would like to see both sharp and coppinger at pr,would be bonus if we keep bullard but not holding breath

3. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

Bullard has to be a key target for us, even if on loan again. He is being linked with QPR right now and I guess the Prem will always have its pull but, he likes it here and we have already seen how much class he brings. He'd be my number 1 target right now and it would be great to get him signed up as he could be pivotal to so much and really run the show for us. Fingers crossed.

4. BedfordBlue

BedfordBlue New Member

What encourages me most is that we're not just being linked with well known Prem reserves - otherwise recognised as lazy journalism. If we were to get this Icelandic chap, Coppinger and Bullard we will (on paper) have a pretty decent MF next year. Sharp IMO would be an excellent signing as he was lively at PR this season and seems to instinctively know where the net is.
    All I know is it will hopefully be an exciting summer of ins (and hopefully) some outs.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Micheal Owen was spotted at our training centre today according to a highly reliable source at the club! <ok>

6. Yellow Leadbitter

Seems to be contradicting theories regarding Jimmy Bullard, I'd personally love him to stay, he may be 30 and injury prone but if we can get a full season with this guy we could go places. He says he wants to stay and would sign a deal if put in front of him, do you think he would change his mind if a lower Premiership club came in?

Coppinger and Sharp sound good to me, will have to wait and see what happens in the week...