1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

I thought Lingard was about 19 <laugh>

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  2. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

This was my point. Made out to be a good prospect, but he's already as good as he will get

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Naby Keita with RB Leipzig closing in on the signing of Konrad Laimer, according to reports in Germany.
    Keita has been linked with a £50 million move to Anfield this summer with Liverpool considering smashing their transfer record to sign the midfielder.
    RB Leipzig have insisted Keita is not for sale at any price and that the club will not be parting with any of their top players.
    The German side are looking to bring in reinforcements into their squad and Kicker claim they are on the verge of completing a deal for RB Salzburg player, Laimer.
    All the latest Liverpool transfer news and rumours from across the British and European press on Monday, May 29.
    Lucas Leiva is set for a move away from Liverpool this summer, with the Daily Express reporting that Besiktas are front of the queue for the Brazilian as they are looking for potential replacements for Atiba Hutchinson.
    However, Leiva's rumoured wage demands of £4.2m a season could see the Turkish club priced out of a deal for the player, who would also favour a return to his homeland with Gremio.
    Long-time Liverpool target Marco Reus suffered another injury during the German Cup final on Saturday which could put the breaks on any potential moves, the Liverpool Echo reports.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

they sign replacement then gouge us?

meh.. it will happen when it happens.

or not.

5. saintKlopp

Why not? Getting your replacement in before selling is obviously the safest policy.
    Then take someone with money to the cleaners - seems a fairly good way to do things to me.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

To be fair, he's a squad player and you have many squad players yourself on 100k+ (especially for this up and coming season).

Sturridge might as well be a bench player (plays part time and less than lingard).
    Lovren
    Henderson (will now be a squad player from injuries)
    Milner (was a squad player til he went left back, arguably should still be one)

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

We can afford a 100k squad player. Saints, West Brom, hammers, Everton to slightly lesser extent can't. 100k is their main man in the team (or should be) so which of those teams would buy him, pay him that to be their star player? That was my point.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

no we don't :0

none of those are squad players.

johnsonsbaby and organic red like this.
  9. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

We've signed a player <diva>

Bosnian Dal Varesanovic has arrived at Anfield for a reported £43,000 from FK Sarajevo. The Merseysiders agreed a deal some time ago for the wonderkid, beating the likes of Barcelona and Dinamo to his signature, but had to wait until his 16th birthday to official sign him.

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.
  10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool have looked to the future today with the signing of a spectacular young talent, in the form of 16-year-old Dal Varesanovic.

Talented teen
    Having been scouted by some of Europe’s biggest sides during his time with the FK Sarajevo academy in Bosnia and Herzegovina, it looked as though Dinamo Zagreb had won the battle for the signature of the silky-skilled youngster.

Anfield-bound
    However, rumours soon spread that Varesanovic and his family had, in fact, turned down the advances of the Croatian powerhouse, in favour of a move to England.

This rumour has today been confirmed, with news that Liverpool have beaten off competition from Dinamo and Barcelona to land the midfielder.

Having turned 16 last week, the Bosnian put pen to paper on a contract with the Merseyside club this afternoon, even posing for photos with club legend Steven Gerrard.
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/liverpool-sign-prodigious-bosnian-youngster/

11. saintKlopp

So..... what exactly is a squad player?
    If you have, say - 5 midfielders and you choose 3 of them according to which is best for a particular game, are they not all squad players?
    Yet wouldn't they all have a right to the same recognition and/or dosh?
    If a player is in the squad and hardly ever plays then he would be considered back-up and obviously not of the same value.

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Has Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain dropped a big hint to Jurgen Klopp that he wants a move to Liverpool?

Speaking after Arsenal's FA Cup win over Chelsea he said: "Maybe the centre-mid role, Stevie, I’ve always wanted to be Steven Gerrard so I’ve still got a hope of that.”

The England international has been linked with a move to Liverpool with Klopp thought to be a big fan.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

That's an argument the mancs can use. Whilst i don't think Lingard would ever be a star player for any team (more Kieran Richardson) he is a useful player who can make a difference in the season (think park ji sung).

I think you have a number of players who are the same who are on more than him (Henderson, Milner, Lovren) whom none of the clubs below would dole out what you are doling out now.

Might not have been squad players when you originally signed them. Undoubtedly will be if you want your team to progress (maybe not sturridge if he could manage a season of games, saying that Klopp hasn't really played him at all even when he was not injured but not 'match' fit).

14. moreinjuredthanowen

I reckon the tv deal means you can afford to pay 14-16 players that.

Whats a squad player and a first team player?

I would argue willian is not a squad player for cheslea for example. or fabregas..... just as two examples.

Lingard plays enough for utd not to be a squad player like say young?

BobbyD likes this.
  15. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Liverpool to sign Dominic Solanke from Chelsea. Fee to be decided by tribunal.

16. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

#LFC have ended their interest in Ryan Sessegnon *Paul Joyce*

17. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

You must have missed some posts somewhere along the line or joined in half way through the convo.

I never said hes he's not a good squad player for mancs. Someone said about him moving to another team, my point was, who would buy him? None of the top 6 would buy him. So from 7th down who would? Yeah he'd be decent option for few of those teams, but as he's on 100k a week, for those teams that is a **** load of money, the type of money you spend on a star player. Would lingaard be a star player for West Ham, Everton, saints etc? I don't think so, so why would they justify 100k and a fee of probably 20m on him?

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool to sign Dominic Solanke after striker turns back on Chelsea
    • Highly-rated England youth international to cost Anfield club £2m-£3m
    • 19-year-old rejected new Chelsea deal due to lack of opportunities
    Liverpool are to sign Dominic Solanke from Chelsea having beaten several Premier League and European clubs to a deal for the promising young striker.

The 19-year-old has agreed terms with the Anfield club after refusing to sign a contract extension at Stamford Bridge amid concern over a lack of first-team opportunities. Solanke’s current deal expires this summer but, as he is under 24, Liverpool will have to pay Chelsea a compensation fee to be decided by a tribunal. The fee is expected to be in the region of £2m-£3m.

Solanke has an impressive goalscoring record for Chelsea’s youth teams and represented England up to Under-21 level. He is currently part of Paul Simpson’s squad for the Under-20s World Cup in South Korea and spent the 2015-16 season on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, where he scored seven goals in 25 appearances.

The striker’s stand-off with Chelsea over a new contract had alerted an array of clubs to his availability and several Premier League teams competed with Liverpool for his signature. Solanke, who will earn under £20,000-a-week at Anfield, also had offers from Red Bull Leipzig in Germany and Celtic, who saw him as a potential replacement for Moussa Dembélé.

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp intends to deploy Solanke in the club’s Under-23s team initially and he looks to develop a group of young talent – featuring the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Woodburn and Harry Wilson – to challenge the first team and feature in cup competitions next season.

As Solanke is over 17 and in line to sign a professional contract with Liverpool, the club’s transfer embargo – which applies to signing academy players from other English league clubs for two years – does not apply.

Since you’re here …
    … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever, but far fewer are paying for it. Advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help, especially during this UK election.

I’m a 19 year old student disillusioned by an unequal society with a government that has stopped even pretending to work in my generation’s interests. So for the strength of our democracy, for the voice of the young, for a credible, independent check on the government, this contribution was pretty good value for money. Jack H.
    If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-after-striker-turns-back-on-chelsea-england

19. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Cant say seen enough. 7 goals in 25 games when on loan in holland is decent enough return for 19 year old.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

maybe.

I suppose there is a definition required of who is a mangers plans and ho is only played when the manager has to.

Like ashley young or danny blind. mourinho would nto play them unless he had to.

Whereas others come in and out regularly.

is first team = only 11 guys?

IS squad = back up player or one of the match day 18 or someone who comes on as sub regularly?

If we looked at LFc in rafa's day. you would be very clear that alonso, masch, reina, hyppia, carragher, torres and gerrard... and kuyt were first team week in week out. Others were benayound/rieira, babel etc

Theres a 25 man prem "squad" if you are i nthe squad then i suppose you are a squad player but then theres first team players and back up....

I dunno...