1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Have you bought into this long distance running thing then?
    Pretty sure you have outrun Chelsea and Spurs but they seem to be winning in other ways.

2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

What? :huh:

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I just keep reading that this team has covered on average 4.2km more than the opposition and has had 2 more sprints per game as if it's something great.
    When I read that it comes out as "**** me, they spend a lot of time chasing the ball and opposition players".

4. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Not what I said. I said Sturridge doesn't suit way Klopp wants his forwards to play with lots of movement on and off the ball, attacking and defending. Sturridge is a very status striker, and in right system with players creating chances for him brilliant. But Klopp prefers Firm centre forward because of his movement compared to Origi, and Origi offers more in movement compared to Studge.

Nothing to to do with simply running more, it's running defenders around and creating space for others. Sturridge is easy to mark at times because of it.

saintKlopp likes this.
  5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

But Firmino isn't a CF, he is a second striker and a very good one at that. His movements are short and into space, having him running around all over the place just lessens his value to the team.

6. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Having who run around all over the place?

Firm has been playing CF when we have fit front 3, and his movement "all over the place" helps open space for Cout & Mane to play in.

Zanjinho and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

OK <ok> :emoticon-0100-smile

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Which is why utd are so **** given the are bottom of the list.

Teams who hoof dont need to run much.

I suppose though the lack off running explains why martial and shaw look fat

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Rookie error. Diego at night is not debating.. hes just being argumentative about everything

Jimmy Squarefoot and pieguts like this.
  10. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Unfortunately your resident wum had been "owned" on his own board trying to defend Rashford. He used that age old argument that he had to fall over because he was running at speed and wouldn't have been able to avoid their keeper, until it was pointed out that a hurdles sprinter is able to avoid 10 hurdles whilst covering 110 metres in around 12 seconds!!

saintKlopp and Skylarker like this.

11. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Actually Tottenham play quite similar, just have a far far better defence. Tottenham and man city have very similar distance covered to us too and play very attractive football, as do we. Whereas the likes of utd under Mourinho continue to play shocking football, as proven again against Man city last week and no surprise you cover the least distance in the league.
    Of course there are other ways to win, but I find our style far more exciting to watch and I bet Tottenham fans would say the same.

saintKlopp and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  12. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Exactly...we both know our teams have problems. If United were sitting on the same points as Spurs it might be a more convincing argument. Since they are sitting on around the same as us? I'll take the way we play to get them.

Bumps and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

It's quite interesting that the English game is very physical yet it's the teams with foreign managers who have the highest distance covered ...

Bumps likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

No he's not :bandit:

15. moreinjuredthanowen

<laugh>

Bumps likes this.
  16. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Do you reckon Klopp will stick with current formation of 4-3-3?

Given that both of our full backs bomb forward (even though they're not that effective), it leaves us wide open to a counter attack.

There's a real argument to change formation. Either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 might offer more balance.

I'd love to see our current front 3 playing in a '3' behind a real striker with a balanced 2 in the centre; a ball winning Masch type and a defence splitting Alonso type...

Throw in 2 full backs that offer an actual threat and a CB and hey presto, we'd have balance.

Perhaps 3 at the back more akin to Chelsea and Spurs; a new CB or two, a LB, a world class defensive midfielder and a pacey striker....might be the cheaper option. Am not sure we have the players to suit this system though....

Or maybe just accept that we will concede but just fix what's wrong now; need pace all over the pitch, a DM, CB and a LB.

Whatever way we go, we need a few new players for sure. It's going to be an interesting summer wherever we finish up.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

HMMM..... That is hard to know.

I think it will depend on players he can lay hands on.

For example if he had kante, i reckon he'd load up further forward or wider.

It really is down to what he has.

IMO you are right that if we got full backs in that didn't turn back every time they get it it would really help. Milner is right footed so his first movemebt is always closing his body to the front area. if you press him you are almost assured the ball goes back.

Clyne is similar.

I think also if we did go 4231 then i would EXPECT the wider players to actually go wide and offer a forward ball for those full backs

Over all though in the main we just need a few more players to play 433 over a full season

18. Jimmy Squarefoot

I think Klopp will go back to 4231 next season - we're linked to a CF, wide attacker and B2B midfielders (in addition to defenders obviously).

Currently - the 433 is very limited, with our best performances only coming when Mane is in the attack to stretch the play.

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

This summer is crucial (it always is) and we need a lot of players IMO, with or without CL qualification.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

IMO the type of player klopp likes is different to the players we might expect.

Mkhitaryan for example. seems mourinho doesn't trust him any more than he does mata but klopp would love to have him.

Lallana and wijnaldum IMO are player types he likes.

then look at the cfs... lewandowski and aubameyang. very interesting.