1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

If we're spending £20m on a goalie i want better than Hart by some way. He probably is as slight upgrade on Migs but not by much and i disagreed with dropping Migs earlier this season ,when Karius became fit, as he had showed improvement in his clear areas of weakness plus made no blatant mistakes. I think his form has continued to improve with rare blemishes and is now punching more <ok>

mighty_stevie_g likes this.
  2. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

I'm glad we're sticking to be honest, Migs has been very good this season and actually winning us games recently - 100% deserves to be backed next season with Karius as number 2 learning. Happy with that - lets get LB and midfield sorted

luvgonzo likes this.
  3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Seems no coincidence that Mig has improved since Karius has come in. Karius showed glimpses that he could be a quality keeper in some of the games he played, some brilliant saves. A new keeper would have to be 100% better than both and don't see us buying anyone like that.

Mig's been really good last couple weeks but even before that he's been decent and not really made any huge blunders. He still has his weaknesses but he's certainly been a lot better from crosses when he's decided to come and punch as opposed to trying to catch.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

Klopp has never had a top top keeper. I dont think he feels the need to move heaven and earth to find one when having two ok ones fighting gives him a relatively effective player.

The reality is mingolet has kept lfc ahead in last two games with crucial stops.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, you don't need him according to Kloppo

"He is a fantastic goalkeeper, the goalkeeper of the English national team, the highest quality, but we have highest-quality goalkeepers.

<ok>

6. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Just lip service, what he's thinking is, "he's an average keeper, no one else wanted him hence why he's been shipped off to some mid table Italian team that would be in a relegation dogfight in England, and hasn't looked anything spectacular there." but obviously can't say that about a professional footballer who is the darling of the English press.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Diego like this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

He's cut down on them a lot more and recently made some game winning saves.

He has made at least 2 blunders this year though.

Against us, maybe not fully his fault and he wasn't going to save it but he was too busy messing around and not set that let David Luiz score the free kick against you.

That mega howler against Hull for their first goal.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I know, but it was too good to miss for me <laugh>

9. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Yup, he's certainly made a couple but then every keeper in the league has made some howlers. Courtois recently passing the ball to opposition player (was it Palace?) for them to score.

It used to be ones where you half expect a keeper to save but not a straight forward, he'd often mess up. So wasn't huge howlers but you're disappointed keeper hasn't saved. Now he's starting to make those saves more regularly, as well as the wonder saves that he's always had in his locker and improved on his crosses by punching rather than catching.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Champions League to tempt Alexandre Lacazette to Anfield over Arsenal?
    Liverpool will reportedly try and entice Alexandre Lacazette to Anfield with the promise of Champions League football.

And that could see them gain the advantage over Arsenal in the race to sign the highly-rated Lyon front man.

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I think Migs has really shown signs of improvement this season in his all around game.

But we have been burnt before where players have a good few games and we end up keeping them, and finding hard to shift. Lucas and Skrtel spring to mind.

I'm still unconvinced that he's the long term number one but he does deserve credit this season.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

We also have to take into account that our defence has been **** so Mingo has more to do than some. Improve the defence and our keepers will do better, let Karius do both cups next season and Mingo League and Europe.

organic red likes this.
  13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yes please.... can't wait til this time next year the chants of Minger out

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You just watch you don't get all Spursy and **** up the league fella. <whistle>

BobbyD and InBiscanWeTrust like this.
  15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I actually think we will lose to everton and from there it will be tense.

I'm just hoping that Spurs dip in form as it gets tense. West Ham, Palace to hopefully do one on them. Now mancs are to the next round i don't think we can count on them and arsenal are pony. I guess maybe Mourinho could play his B team which is what he did against you guys and managed to win. Maybe Mourinho can do the same, kill the game by parking the bus and that will get their fans tense

luvgonzo likes this.
  16. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Huh??

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

When he screwed you guys over in 2013/2014.

That chelsea side he picked was reserve/squad players as he was prioritising the CL semi final.

18. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Sorry, thought you were talking about this season.
    That's the thing with Mourinho though, even with a 'weaker' team he can still do a job and make it difficult. It's never pretty, but generally effective, until 3 years later he leaves when it's all going wrong

19. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Or maybe Mourinho can play his B team which is what he did against YOU GUYS last week and manage to win

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup, I would say it was more an A team that Mourinho played. He still had his main back 5 and his rotational midfielders. Zlatan and Mkhitaryan were probably the 1st teamers that dropped out.

Hopefully he will do the same against spurs