1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, May 10, 2015.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Just starting my usual Transfer Rumors list to see who was rumored and who we finally get.
    Paul Anderson MF/WG (Ipswich) Sold to Bradford City
    Emenike FW (Fenerbache) Swap for Mitroglou
    Jed Wallace AMF (Portsmouth) linked with Fulham & Wolves buy him
    Rob Elliot GK (Newcastle)
    Matt Mills DF (Bolton) linked with Fulham & Forest Buy him
    Lewis Dunk CB (Brighton) Offer of £4m rejected
    Ben Pringle MF (Rotherham) Signed on a free in June
    Richard Stearman CB (Wolves)
    Andy Lonergan GK (Bolton) Signed on a free in June
    Tom Cairney MF (Blackburn Rovers) Signed for an undisclosed fee in June
    Frazier Campbell ST (Crystal Palace) injured
    Jamie O'Hara MF (Blackpool) Signed on a free in July
    Kevin McDonald MF (Wolves) 2 Bids rejected
    Jazz Richards DF (Swansea) Signed for an undisclosed fee in July
    Eric Botteghin CB (FC Gronigen)
    Tim Ream DF (Bolton) 2 Bids Rejected Signed for an undisclosed fee in August
    Dwight Gayle ST (Crystal Palace) Various clubs looking at loan
    Micheal Mancienne DF/M (Forest)
    Ryan Fredericks DF (Bristol City) Signed undisclosed fee in August

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Here I'll list the INs & OUTs

IN
    Ben Pringle MF (Rotherham United) Free
    Andy Lonergan GK (Bolton Wanderers) Free
    Tom Cairney MF (Blackburn Rovers) Signed for an undisclosed fee
    Jazz Richards DF (Swansea) Signed for an undisclosed fee
    Jamie O'Hara MF (Blackpool) Signed on a free
    Luke Garbutt LB (Everton) Season Loan
    Sakri Mattila DM? (Aalesunds FK) 2 years +1
    Tim Ream DF (Bolton) 4 year Contract Undisclosed fee
    Joe Lewis GK (Cardiff City) Season long Loan
    James Husband DF (Middlesborough) 1MONTH loan
    Ryan Fredericks DF (Bristol City) 3 Year contract
    Richard Stearman (Wolves) 3 Year Contract

OUT
    Kiraly GK Szombathelyi Haladás
    Lee GK
    Chihi MF
    Hoogland DF/MF VfL Bochum
    Rodallega ST Akhisar Belediyespor.
    David MF Go Ahead Eagles
    Passley DF/MF Dagenham & Redbridge
    Della-Verde Fleetwood
    Ryan Williams MF Barnsley
    Boumesca MF AEL LImassol
    Noe Baba DF Birmingham City
    Eisfeld MF VfL Bochum

Ruiz MF Sporting Lisbon
    Roberts MF Manchester City
    Mitroglou ST Benfica 1 year Loan
    Stekelenberg GK Southampton 1 year loan
    Taggart ST Dundee United 1 Year Loan
    Jorenen GK Stevenage Loan Till Jan 10th
    Amorebieta DF Middlesborough 1 Year Loan

Loans Finished
    Stafylidis DF signed for Augsburg
    Richards DF Swansea
    Husband DF Middlesborough
    Turner DF Norwich
    Forfana MF Man City
    Guthrie MF Reading

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

A bit off-topic, but there are rumours that AFC Bournemouth want to sign Berbatov. Just the feller if they find themselves caught up in a relegation scrap!

Cottager58 likes this.
  4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

One for the list SuperBri -

please log in to view this image

French press are linking Fulham and Seville with former Middlesborough midfielder, Didier Digard. The 26 year old, 6ft defensive midfielder only made 32 appearances for Boro before going to Nice on loan and then joining on a permanent transfer. Digards contract with them only has 1 year left.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

That's an old story that has reappeared on the Newsnow and Viva El Fulham sites for some reason (through error I suspect). I think it's from the summer of 2013 when his initial contract was supposed to run out in 2014. Digard is now 28 but still fits the bill as the defensive midfielder that we crave. Unfortunately though I don't think there's any substance to that particular rumour.

6. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

There's seems to be a lot of old viva el Fulham transfer stories on news now at the moment, some error has obviously occurred

7. Cottager58

And me clutching at straws without properly checking the story's acccuracy, guys. So ignore the Didier Digard one SuperBri.

8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Lets hope that when the transfer market is in full swing we are up and running and comes
    August scraping around poundland looking for players.
    Starting at the back Shay Givan or Rob Green 2 good full backs strong c/h + c/f

9. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-green-as-petr-cech-replacement-10243888.html

Looks like Chelsea might be swooping in for Green... and Betts. He gets a mention about halfway down - if anything is to happen I think it's most likely they'll buy Betts but loan him back to us or elsewhere.

The news I'm looking out for at the moment is whether or not Kit is staying on - hopefully an announcement is being held for after the playoff finals, the longer it goes the more hope ebbs away.

10. Captain Morgan

I wondered the same about the play off, Silky. If we're interested in the Brentford manager (which I hope we are), it may well be that he's unwilling to discuss anything until their future is decided one way or the others. Similarly with the rumours about Mick McCarthy (who I'm less keen on).

11. Cottager58

A number of reports suggesting we’re chasing a defender/midfielder -

Dele Alli of Spurs on loan:

”The 19-year-old joined Tottenham Hotspur in a £5 million deal in February but was allowed to spend the rest of the season at stadium:mk, where he helped the club win promotion to the Championship on the last day of the League One season. But Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino may be willing to let the midfielder go out on loan for another season to further develop his footballing education.

The England Under-19 international has had an exceptional season at MK Dons, hitting 16 goals in 39 appearances as the Dons finished runners-up in League One behind winners Bristol City. He was named the Football League Young Player of the Year last month and was shortlisted for League One Player of the Year, which was won be Preston’s Joe Garner.”

Source: http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-among-clubs-chasing-loan-deal-for-tottenham-hotspur-midfielder/

Matt Mills out of contract Bolton captain who we apparently tried to get him in January but failed and went for Michal Turner instead

”Fulham will have to fight off Nottingham Forest if they want to go ahead and sign Bolton central defender Matt Mills. The Bolton player is holding off signing a new contract at the Macron Stadium, and his agent is keenly sourcing a new club for the 28-year-old who made 41 appearances for the Trotters last season, scoring five goals”

Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-bolton-defender-radar-9250085

Lewis Dunk of Brighton

We allegedly have had a bid for the 23yr old rejected. His current ‘market value’ is just under £1m.

[And elsewhere Jazz Richards, despite being likely to play for Swansea against Man City tomorrow, seems to be putting himself in the market place. Got to admit I didn’t see him offer any more for us than Jack Grimmer.]

Link to story: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Jazz-Richards-admits-Swansea-City-future-doubt/story-26503754-detail/story.html

12. Cottager58

And also a whacking £5m bid for Birmingham winger DemaraI Gray

"The Cottagers are prepared the pay around £5 million for the 18-year-old winger, who broke into the first team this season after being promoted from the under-21’s by Blues manager Gary Rowett. Fulham will be the small fish in the race to sign the England international, who has attracted very reputable interest from the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle and Bournemouth, who are all Premier League competition for Kit Symons’ Fulham.

FLW
    understands it is in fact Bournemouth who lead the chase for him, as they have five bids rejected for him in January, the largest coming at Fulham’s figure of £5 million.”

Source: http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-join-manchester-united-in-the-race-for-talented-winger/

13. Captain Morgan

I saw Matt Mills a few times several years ago, on loan for Bournemouth. I seem to remember he looked good, albeit at a lower level than he plays now.

14. Cottager58

Ah well, first one down …. xx (?) to go. Jed Wallace has joined Wolves.

Wolves@OfficialWolves · 2 hrs ago
    Wolves can confirm that @jedwallace62 has joined from @officialpompey on a three-year deal.

Don’t think there was too much money involved (less than £1m) so either the terms we offered weren’t good enough or he fancies Wolves more as contenders.

15. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

It appears that QPR instigated a nice sell on clause with Sterling
    and could net 8/12mil if sold this summer. If we were to sell ~LVC, ~ Roberts ~ Hyndman
    would our Neanderthal management have the ability to put in place similar clauses.
    Mind you with parachute payments, and summer sales we must have around 12/15mil
    swimming around in Fulhams (sorry) Khans account.

16. Cookie-6262

Guthrie has been released by Reading think he would be a decent squad player, plus we could prob sign Guthrie, Mills and hopefully Husband and there wages would only add up to what Hugo was reportedly earning!!

17. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Cokie no disrespect on what you have said but once again its scraping the barrel,
    we are not exactly a poor club.
    "Priorities "a manager who can identify and attract quality, and a chairman who puts his hand in his pocket

FFC_Madness likes this.
  18. Cookie-6262

I would still get all three of those players, though I do get what your saying I have said previously that a couple of quality players can make all the difference in this tight division and I believe we should should spend £15 mill on three top players rather than loads of £2 mill players most of this could be funded by Ruiz, Mitroglu, Stek and Amore so wouldn't even cost anything.

Guthrie - Free
    Mills - Free
    Husband - £ 1 mill
    Quality Right Back- ( up to £5 mill)
    Quality def Mid - ( up to £5 mill)
    Quality winger - ( up to £5 mil)

If that was our summer I wouldn't be to disappointed, we really should look at James McClean of Wigan r realistic very good championship player I also like Cotrerill of Birmingham

19. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Can Reading release their manager?

20. Cottager58

l

Do you mean because as well letting Guthrie go, Steve Clarke has also got rid of Zat Knight but given Stephen Kelly a new contract? Surely it's not because you want him at the Cottage!?

Fair play to Reading though for doing the honourable thing and making the information public as soon as the decisions were made. Why do Fulham have to be so secretive about everything? Just creates unnecessary speculation and frustration - well among fans anyway.