1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Deadline Day

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Some of us are really deluded.

Why would we spend more money than our current yearly income for 1 player.

Would be nice to see a holding striker come in on loan but it won't be the end of the world if not.

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Thanks Prem I will remember that fact. Still waiting EH?

3. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

But I fear it will be in vain...

Wonder where this Macheda rumour keeps surfacing from. His agent would appear to be working overtime however, it doesn't appear to be working...

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What a waste of time, bed time for me the dons,millers,fulham, all taken fire power in .
    Us nowt.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm gone up the wooden hill, thanks to you all for taking part, shame it's been so quiet.....Cheers.....<ok>

Red Robin likes this.
  7. invermeremike

Sleep tight folks and don't have any nightmares about whether we will survive. It's only 3 p.m. here so I'll keep my ears open to any deals that won't be completed until after the close due to paperwork, or something. You never know do you?

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

well done on the posting's wiz don't do twatter .. or faceache shame about there not being a striker on board just means now who we have will need to settle down and " just do it"
    I think if Tommo Kodger and Wilbs get their act together, and AGARD can be FOUND THE RIGHT NICHE WE MIGHT JUST survive
    17 games need 22 points ..

9. invermeremike

Stay positive jgf2, that's the spirit.

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The same old tired and predictable excuses are coming from the club as to how frustrated they are to have not made further signings before the window closed.

The one thing we wanted and need more than anything is someone who can bag a few goals. MK Dons managed to get Alex Revell.....we got a 3rd choice Division 3 keeper, although he looks preferable to Fielding in every way.

We ought to change our name to Bristol City Nil. Our goal ratio is quite pathetic.

Big game coming up on Saturday. I'd rather we tried to win the game rather than yet another goal less draw.

11. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

After the failure to get a good striker in, defeat on Saturday and the appointment of a low profile manager will further decrease BCFCs standing. If we had a share price it would be bombing by now. Surely some of the board must be looking over their shoulders now?

Red Robin likes this.
  12. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

Revel not really done it in the championship we will have someone in when the loan window opens now teams know what players they can loan out

13. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Alex Revell has only scored 7 Championship goals, again someone I consider is no better than we already have,

14. invermeremike

In case our management have missed the description of what a striker actually is, it is the man who pops the ball in the net, I would send them a list of names such as Gray, Gayle and many others. Why were you trying to fool us earlier in the season by throwing 6-8 million in the transfer pot for players who obviously wanted to stay away from BS3 and yet when our backs are really to the wall you disappear back to obscurity. Dereliction of duty is not a pretty thing so please stop treating us like fools and get your proverbial finger out.

15. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

The club will argue there are many factors, their value, our value. the players wishes and demands. Their job is to come to an agreed value and get the deal over the line. In this respect they have failed. If however we survive and get some better players in this summer all the bad feeling will go away. All that January has done is increase the perception that the board has failed the club, and like the players IMHO they should be judged on results.

16. invermeremike

It's a results driven business and you need to know how to go about it in a professional and organised manner, and sadly we don't and last night confirmed it.