1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

This was allowed to go unpunished, so I see no reason to punish Lamela, except of course he doesnt play for Liverpool.

2. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Of course I’ll be accused of having Spurs colored glasses, but is there video of it anywhere? It does look bad, but that picture really doesn’t demonstrate it was anything other than inadvertent contact. If it is anything, it looks like ear tugging. What’s the punishment for that, I wonder? Aguero threw about as blatant an elbow as you’re likely to see today, so it will be interesting to see what retrospective bans, if any, are handed out. I’m still trying to work out how they’re only given for incidents the officials didn’t see, when there’s footage showing an official staring at Dembélé when he doesn’t gouge Costa’s eye.

3. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

I’ll have to watch Can more in the future. I just have glimpses of players in other clubs, for the most part, and I have a Jekyll-Hyde memory of Can. One moment he was wreaking havoc (on the wing, wasn’t it?) the next he was crap (defending?). Anyway, you’ll be very lucky if he ever gets to be as good as Dembélé. Did you know he won a prize for being the best box-to-box midfielder in Europe last year, easily outpacing Pogba, among others? In any case, he began immensely for us, then went into eclipse for seemingly being a part of our slow buildup, and was back at his best yet last year, when he probably did more to win the midfield battle than any player in football (if I’m not being prejudiced!).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I can't stand Can

I've no time for that experimental rock sh*te

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He may be static, slow and afraid of leaving the centre circle but rock is a bit harsh, he does move during the game.

6. Inda

Inda Well-Known Member

Nope. No video... Yet.

7. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Surely dumb and dumber fron sky would have highlighted this if there was a video and indeed even if they didn't have any footage.

No Kane No Gain likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Very weird picture......
    Milner running away
    Kane sprinting across the front of Lovren (who appears to be jogging)
    Lamella walking/standing and slapping/grabbing the side of Lovrens face whilst...........
    The ball is just there in the middle of them all without any of them noticing or trying to get it.

Very strange.

9. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing more and more full backs seemingly unable to center the ball into the goalmouth these days.They want to stop the ball,look up,then center it or pass it back.....and all this,in my book,is total rubbish,leaving their players in the box holding their arms in the air or just cursing.
    Oh for the days of flying wingers (Jones) and full backs that didn't muck about and not leaving themselves out of position.

NSIS likes this.
  10. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Especially as it was Mane going for the ball, you don't get many players quicker than him. Excellent goal keeping.

On another day against a different team he would have scored both those.

11. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Can is still very raw, but he has the attributes to boss games.

Don't listen to @Diego - he spends about 2 hours a day on the Liverpool board arguing with @Jimmy Squarefoot about Can <laugh>

About his positions -

He plays RB for Germany (when needed) and has played RB for us at times. He's played DM which I don't think he should. I like him as a box to box CM personally. Granted he still has some way to go, but many people around the club and fans see this massive potential in him. You don't play for Germany as a make shift RB if you're not a quality player, simple.

12. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Had a couple of dodgy moments but he's going to be a top centre back, really wanted us to sign him before we got Toby. When you consider what Stones and Bailly went for you've saved yourself a lot of money there.

Skylarker likes this.