1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

3 draws on the spin. We never learn do we.

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-1 FT. Another draw. Balls.
    Didn't create enough and didn't take the few chances that we did have.
    Decent first half, but we ran out of steam in the second, having conceded a stupid goal.

3. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Draw's a fair result. Even if you had 12 men.

4. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

We hit the bar twice and several shots on target. They had one shot on target. I don't see how they deserved a point.

5. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

AVB 2013-14 all over again.
    But worse because Spurs are in the ascendency often enough, yet they are not
    putting teams to the sword.

There are at least 12 PL teams who are going to look at these games,
    and realise what they need to do to not lose against Spurs.

As someone suggested, WTF is Pochettino doing for attacking training drills etc.

Roo likes this.
  6. Leicester had a game plan. They stifled the midfield and were all over Dele like a rash from the start. If Drinkwate had been booked for persistent fouling it might have changed things but as it was they did their job and we weren't able to counter it. Fair result on that basis even if we don't like the style they achieved it.

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Disappointing all round.
    We are not looking like we will win a game at the moment.
    I do not see the benefit of pissing away the EFL Cup with a nothing team if we then see the rested first team produce a performance like that.
    our back 4 and keeper are good but Eriksen is beyond poor at the moment, Dier doesn't look like the player from last season, Dembele is posing not threat going forward and Son and Janssen look like they can not score from open play.
    Wanyama and Dele are producing but the rest of our midfield and forwards are not and it needs to be urgently addressed.
    D, D, D, L, D are our last results, only 3 goals scored, no more than 1 goal in any of those games and 2 of the 3 goals were penalties.
    Got to be honest...I am not impressed with us since the city match.
    If they do not pull their fingers out and if Pochettino doesn't come up with a plan B we will be left with little chance of qualifying from the CL after wednesday and could be battered in the NLD.

LockStock likes this.
  8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

With the fixtures we've had away from home before today, and what's to come over the next few weeks, we really needed 3 points today. Can't get Kane and Alderwiereld back soon enough. It's beginning to get quite worrying that we don't have many players who can score goals fairly regularly. Since Kane has been injured, no one other than Son (for a brief period) has stepped up.
    The "3" (Lamela and Eriksen and Alli in particular), are just not doing what attacking midfielders need to be doing.

Fairplay to Janssen today though. Another game where he has no service, but his positional sense was more where we needed him to be. He made the most of whatever opportunity he got.

I know it's still early days, but we're really going to have to assess which players are worth hanging onto for the second half of the season. Some youngsters could do with going out on loan and we need 1 or 2 new attacking players to freshen things up.

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Cos they scored the same number of goals as us.

crackerman jack and Sign Da Ting like this.
  10. Shark

Shark Active Member

Well, there's nothing for it. We're gonna have to spank the nomads at the **** bowl next week ;-)

11. The RDBD

Does Pochettino do FT hairdryer treatments ?? If so, they ain't working.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  12. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

More proof that we are at least season late regarding our transfers.

Late subs because we have no game changing threats on the bench. Not enough real depth in goal threatening positions.

It's getting boring the way these things are predictable.

Kane is being billed as our lord and savior when actually, he should be one of a few options that are that good. Same for Eriksen.

Rose, Walker and Vertongen had a good game for the most part, but that goal wouldn't have been conceded last season.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  13. What is worrying is that for a side supposedly challenging for top honors, our most regular MOTM has been our RB. Walker was excellent again today but it says more about the paucity of our MF and forwards. (Although Janssen did well feeding off scraps again)

14. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

And funnily enough, it's these players that cost the money. - something which we're going to need to start thinking about. I expect Poch might be mentioning the name Isco again.

I agree, they were. But I would have liked to have seen these two get down the wings today and try to get in behind the full backs a bit more. Some out swinging or balls cut back between the 6yard box and penalty spot may have helped Janssen today. I'm surprised Poch didn't push something like this more, when we should have learned from the last meetings between the sides where Leicester put 9-10 men behind the ball. Any form of intricate passing around the area doesn't end up working for us, so why not try something different? and why were subs left so late?

15. Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "Disappointed. We created chances. We dominated the game. But I am disappointed with the way we conceded the goal. It's hard to lose two points.

"I was disappointed for the goal as the way we conceded was a little unlucky. I am happy with the performance. We are still strong and unbeaten in the league, that is very important. It's true we are fighting and it's difficult to win games recently but the team showed it is strong enough."

If Poch actually believes this then we have problems........ 'dominating games' means ****-all. We could have 99% possession but if we don't create/convert chances we might as well be Leicester!! <laugh>

16. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

10 games played and still waiting for Eriksen`s season to start, his new contract seems to have slipped him into a comfort zone.

17. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Really? So everyone that draws deserves to draw to they? That's quite a basic way of analysing a match!

18. Particularly as N'Koudou looked really bright and offered something a bit different

19. The RDBD

Fair to say that questions are rightly going to be asked of Pochettino
    for the first time in a while. Injuries you cannot foresee, but the issue seems
    to be with those players who are not newcomers.

20. Shark

Shark Active Member

The missing guy is Erikssen... Mousa is back after suspension / injury, Lamela, Son and Alli have all found the net and showed more attacking intent. Erikssen has been the constant and constantly poor... I realise he's not necessarily on the pitch for his tackling ability but he needs to put a foot in at least. Watching him challenge for the ball is like watching a school kid.