1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Pathetic.

2. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

It`s almost as if Roman`s henchmen secretly pass on brown paper bags full of cash, perhaps?

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why is that pathetic? Kante and Luiz both should've got very early yellows.
    They wouldn't risk any unnecessary fouls after that, which they did repeatedly.
    How doesn't that influence the game, exactly?

Spurf, humanbeingincroydon and Roo like this.
  4. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

The term "dynamics of the game" is exactly correct. The importance of the yellows cannot be overrated. It's exactly what used to benefit ManU under SAF all the time. Give the opposition defenders a yellow early on for a fairly innocuous challenge, but not give any to United players for the same thing (and never give a red to Scholes whatever he did!)

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Kante getting booked after his 400th nibble in the 92nd minute and Toby gets one in the first 5

If you have kicked a ball in your life, you know full well that a Yellow changes the psyche of your game or you can be guaranteed to be sent off by FT

If Kante or Alonso were in the book alot sooner..they could not afford to crack on with their tactical fouling.

No qualms, we lost, but facts are facts....more bothered about how we react..alot of football to be played for the Spurs.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

It's called football, not bookball.
    Why is it universally Spurs and Liverpool fans who scream out constantly for the ref to book people.
    One of you even ****ing called for players to target Alonso in the second half to get the second yellow. ****ing disgraceful.

If you cannot beat a team 11 v 11 then pack up and go home.
    Calling for players to get sent off is a dirty **** tactic.
    Hate it when players do it, hate it when fans do it.
    If I was a ref and a player waved an imaginary card at me, I would instantly book them.

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

We lost cos you scored 3 great goals.
    On another day Matic hits the bar and it comes back out and the Kane free kick gets no back spin and goes in...and we have extra time...just wasn't to be.
    Yesterday wasn't the most winnable opportunity in all 7 semi finals. We should have done better in others but we were playing the best team in England. You have played badly once since being battered by the goons...and that was at united.
    You made changes and we still have players out ... your squad depth is better ... but we both stood toe to toe and the difference was your players pulled out 2 very good goals and one worldie.
    I am still very disappointed with playing Son as a wing back but at least we didn't bottle it...the same is not true of all the previous semi finals bar the newcastle one in 1999 and possibly the Arsenal 1993 one.
    In all the others we either didn't turn up or simply imploded when things went against us.

crackerman jack likes this.
  8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Sorry mate its not just Spurs and the Pool fans...every one does it who feels aggrieved, thats football

please log in to view this image

If a ref comes across like an incompetent fool then why not....Toby booked after 5 and most of your back line untouched until a few token gestures made by the ref when it was too late...no problems about the defeat..but the ref was a Chelsea fan and im glad a few Spurs players were reminding him about the booking rule...he deserved to be demeaned like that and he was. Book Kante and Alonso after their first few challenges and i'd like to see them not adjust their game.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  9. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

You are missing the point completely, your players systematically fouled Alli every time he got on the ball targeting him on two counts one he is a potential match winner and two he has a short fuse, Kante alone fouled him 5 or 6 times in the first half. That in my book is persistant fouling (for which a booking is the correct punsihment)and the ref ignored this. I have no desire to see players sent off but if they constantly foul and cheat and the referee takes no action then why shouldn't we be aggrieved. As other have said if he gets booked after 4/5 fouls then he has to stop because he is clever enough to not risk the red card.

Personally using your words of you can't win fairly by actually playing the game and not by having to constantly break up the play with little niggly fouls then pack up and go home you are just a rich mans West Brom!

10. remembercolinlee

You would been booking Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Terry, Lampard, Drogba most games then. The same goes for some of your managers too.

I don't want cards being dished out but I do want and expect refs to be consistent and he simply was not. Toby and Dele were booked for their first fouls...personally I think the ref was entitled to see them yellows yet Kante and Luiz were simply allowed to continuously foul with no cards being shown. Inconsistent refereeing in the same match is unforgivable.

There was a ludicrous bit were a chelsea player stood 2 yards in front of a spurs player trying to take a free kick yet the ref simply allowed him to do it. Eventually he walked up to him, told him to move so he took I step back and the ref told the spurs player to get on with it instead of booking him.

No one on here has said the ref cost us the match. We are irritated at his lack of consistency...if toby deserved a booking for his first foul in 5 mins the both Luis and Kante should have been booked in the first 25mins.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Bullshit, Bod.

Your fans were near enough in tears of frustration and annoyance up until your equaliser last season because of the amount Dier and co got away with at the bridge, so don't feed that bollocks of us and Pool being the only fans that feel aggrieved when opposition players aren't being booked for poor challenges, all fans do that.

You lot won yesterday, and deservedly so for taking your chances (well, plus diving for a pen) but the **** Luiz, Alonso and others got away with was a joke. If they got deserved early yellow cards then there's no way they'd have gone in like they did in challenges later in the match.

12. As far as I am aware, I cannot recall an instance of a Spurs player or manager waving an imaginary card, although could be proved wrong (Lamela maybe?).

However, for a Chav to come in this board and preach about player behaviour towards officials is comedy gold of the highest level. <laugh>

And as for comments on the thread - I haven't seen any that did anything other than highlight glaring inconsistencies in Atkinsons performance - and if you don't think that being on a booking affects your game then you clearly know feck all about football!!

And as for 'targeting' Alonso - in my eyes, that means running at him, putting him into situations where he needs to commit a foul. That's why Walker should have started or come on earlier. That's NOT cheating - that's common sense!! <doh>

Good feckin' luck in the Final.

13. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

You're top of the league and reckon this was easier than Portsmouth by far? Behave.

There's lots of factors that can affect the game and not many fell our way in the end. That's just the way it goes sometimes. we put up a good fight, played good football and scored 2 terrific goals, I'm pleased enough with Pochettino and the team, you can't win every game, as you'll hopefully prove again on Tuesday :p

The Changing Man likes this.
  14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

And you would see me call them out on it, every single time.

15. remembercolinlee

Then why slagg off spurs and liverpool fans as the "only" people doing it when your players, managers and fans have done it?
    Was a silly comment. We were allowed and imo justified in criticising the refereeing inconsistencies yesterday.

16. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

If the referee is giving free kicks for foul play, it's because an offence has been caused. If that same player is allowed to get away with similar acts of play throughout the game, they aren't going to stop doing it unless they are punished. To give the fouls/free kicks in the first place, shows the referee acknowledges them each time. To do nothing about that same offence being caused multiple times shows incompetency.
    Alli makes a tactical foul in tripping kante(??) and is booked immediately, and rightly so. Luiz went through the back of kane 3 times on the edge of the box to tactically bring him down and relieve danger. He isn't booked for any of them. How is this even a discussion?

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, Chelsea fans do not constantly call for opposition players to be booked, every game.
    For some reason, it is universally exclusive to Spurs and Liverpool fans

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Because your players are the ones getting away with it all the time, so you find yourselves cheering and praising cynical tackles, hardly surprising of Chelsea fans to be doing that though, is it? I mean it just goes along with the nasty racists.

When it does happen to you, as like I mentioned with us at the bridge last season, you whined like little bitches, funny that.

19. leez

leez Well-Known Member

just a neutral looking in ..i thought spurs were in control , looked better team ..also though that the hair bear bunch, got away with a hell of a lot with that poor atkinson , who in my view just wants to have a quiet game with no big incidents ..

the thing is the rules say different ,the old tosser

20. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Bookings are part of the game, they are meant to be used to stop thugs and cheats kicking lumps out of their opponents. Used correctly they can be very effective in doing this, yesterday (and at the Bridge last year) we see what happens when the correct punishment is not meted out.

As for targeting Alonso, maybe you would like explain your players constant fouling of Alli? That was targeted and you know I don't have an issue with exploiting a perceived weakness in an opponent, but the referee must offer him the protection of booking those who persistantly foul