1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Pulis leaves Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Crystal Palace' started by luvgonzo, Aug 15, 2014.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28797071

Manager Tony Pulis has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent less than 48 hours before the start of the season.
    Pulis, 56, met with chairman Steve Parish on Thursday as tension between the pair came to a head.
    The former Stoke boss, who won the Premier League's manager of the year award last season, had been frustrated by the failure to land a number of summer transfer targets.

Assistant manager Keith Millen will be in charge against Arsenal on Saturday.
    On Friday, Palace issued a statement, saying: "The club would like to thank Tony for his efforts with the club during last season and wish him all the best for the future."
    Bookmakers' odds had tumbled on Thursday as speculation over the Welshman's job intensified.
    Malky Mackay and David Moyes were suggested as potential candidates to replace Pulis by former Palace defender Matt Lawrence, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live.
    The remainder of his coaching staff - including Gerry Francis and Dave Kemp - have been asked by Parish to stay on for the trip to Arsenal before leaving the club.
    Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "He has done a remarkable job last season, made a miracle. I was at a managers meeting on Monday, he was there and nothing indicated he wouldn't be here tomorrow."
    Pulis wanted to assume greater control of all football matters at Selhurst Park, especially transfers, after missing out on a number of key targets.
    He and Parish also disagreed about their vision for the club.

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

well, there's one relegation spot taken then, crazy decision by Parrish, should've let Pulis do his thing for a couple of seasons his way.

3. Donnellyrd1

Donnellyrd1 New Member

What the hell has happned pulis won and deserved manager of the season hes one of the best managers something has gone horribley wrong and crystal palace is in deep trouble good luck keith millen he needs it

4. THURNBY CANARY

THURNBY CANARY Active Member

This is unbelievable! You must be absolutely gutted!

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I just want him as Wales manager now, get rid of the idiot Colemen.

6. zozozela

zozozela Active Member

Stoke fan in peace. I'm gutted for you that he left, and also for me as I would have loved to see him at the Brit this year.

I agree re Wales manager. I think he would be great and make the team greater than the sum of the parts.

Good luck this season anyway (as long as it's not at expense!)

7. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

There's not been a palace fan around these parts since the winter of 78.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

By the time a Place fan reads this thread he'll have been reappointed and I'll be banned as a wum. :biggrin:

9. THURNBY CANARY

THURNBY CANARY Active Member

Yes good point, I made my comment in all sincerity a couple of days ago and there has been little reaction from the home players since then. Very odd!

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Who do you boys want in?