1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tommo & Tammy.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 25, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Ex-AFC Bournemouth striker wants to form deadly partnership with Chelsea starlet at Bristol City
    By AshFranklin | Posted: March 25, 2017
    Lee Tomlin got on the scoresheet as Bristol City thrashed Huddersfield Town 4-0 last Friday (March 17)

Striker Lee Tomlin believes he and on-loan Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham can form a deadly partnership to fire the Robins to Championship safety.

The pair started and scored in City's 4-0 demolition of promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town last Friday (March 17) in Tomlin's first appearance following a four week lay-off with injury.

That result saw Lee Johnson's side pull one point clear of the drop zone, and Tomlin is confident he and Abraham can maintain that hot streak in front of goal, heading into Saturday's (March 25) crunch away trip to Brentford.

He told Bristol City's official website: "Our first thought as a team was to get the ball to me or Tammy, and that showed.

"More or less every partner I've had, I've always done well with them. I know we've been struggling in the league and we're trying to change that, but I still think it's a very good partnership.

"We have been battering teams with the way we play but not been taking our chances, which has cost us.

"I think the only difference was that we were more clinical and when we got the chances, we took them.

"We're all going to be under pressure with where we are in the league, but when we got the second and the third goals, you could see we were back to playing with freedom.

"When you play with freedom, you can express yourself and things come off for you. Everyone enjoys it a lot more and you could see that out there."

The former Middlesbrough talisman has praised the fans for sticking by him and the team, in what has proved a hugely frustrating campaign in England's second tier.

The Robins have struggled to turn positive performances into results, and Tomlin has only managed to find the net six times this season.

The Ashton Gate outfit have one of the worst away records in the division, although they did come away with all three points in their last outing at relegation rivals Wigan Athletic.

And Tomlin feels they can channel that momentum heading into the trip to West London.

He added: ""Fair enough it hasn't been going well for us and whenever I come off the pitch I never smile, but this is one club where I do smile,".

"The fans here are unbelievable. I want to work twice as hard – not just for myself but for them as well, because they do deserve a lot of success.

"We had this benchmark at the start of the season, but it was probably after the Cardiff away game that it went downhill.

"It's not through lack of effort, it's just the rub of the green and we haven't had that. Hopefully we've turned a corner now."

Read more at http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/8203-...0226330-detail/story.html#rmlcovXtxShee82p.99

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

A good article and not a mention of Johnson Jnr, just the players, the club and fans are mentioned, maybe a sign of the future..<whistle>

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

But if the rumours are true it was one of the coaching staff he had an issue with.
    As someone said the other day, we might all not be happy with LJ but something has changed in the past few games and removing him now will be worse than keeping him. Let's see where the season end takes us and review the situation.
    If what the rumours are was one bad apple then we might of sorted that issue and move forward where we want to be.
    Me I'm just hoping that LJ stops tinkering, as that in my opinion is the downfall in results.
    We've got a young team with a few good players to break though so I'm hoping and clinging onto the dream that it will come good.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm back on the fence as far as LJ is concerned.
    If I had been in charge he would have gone ages ago but I wasn't and someone else let him stay.
    Now he's picking up points I'm satisfied - for now.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

seems a forthright article, a major hint he should start the games!
    seems honest enough opinions of team and results and especially the fans!

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Will either of them be here next season - I hope so however we all know at least one of them won't or is there any possibility? Tammy will go back to Chelsea or will be picked up by someone else because when it comes down to the nitty gritty money talks and bullshit walks. If Bristol City were a serious believable contender then we would have better luck at obtaining and retaining players-but we're not and that's a problem.

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Should have gone months ago.
    Pathetic leadership from the very top.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Agreed, but would you sack him NOW?

Back to Tommo and Tammy; Tammy will go. End of.
    Tommo is LIKELY to go, but may be persuaded to stay if we finish the season strongly.

9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Only on what I read/was bandied about at the August transfer window, his contract transfer will make it difficult for him to move on?