1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Tiger TV. Anyone been able to successfully sign up yet ?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tigerscanada, Jul 19, 2017.

1. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

...especially non-UK residents ?

2. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

Haven't looked into it - and I don't intend to

It's still giving those 2 ****wits money - which I've no intention of doing **

** Except when I'm home at Christmas as my daughter wants a new roary the tiger

3. tigerscanada

It's not ideal I know, but imo, after 65 years of supporting City, being a season ticket holder until they recently shafted kids & old bastards like myself, I feel I still want to watch the games despite the pathetic ownership.
    I look at it this way. If I pay money through this service, much less than a season ticket costs, it helps pay in some way the players wages. They in turn give pleasure to City supporters. The 2 ****wits will get their comeuppance eventually ! When in the PL I get to see them play every match on TV over here in Canada anyway. Some of that TV money gets to the ****wits regardless, so why give up what has been a big part of my life ?

4. TigerinSydney

Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to slate anyone for buying it

I'll just YouTube the highlights when I wake up on Sunday morning

5. tigerscanada

Not at all mate...never read it that way. I just feel that your principled position is just another example of the divisive impact our current owners have had on loyal supporters, and more importantly our future fan base. A sad state of affairs.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. TigerinSydney

Yes - it's been that way for a few years yet there are still people pop up and defend / support them. That is the bit I cannot fathom.

tigerscanada likes this.
  7. tigerscanada

The game has changed since it's inception. It's all now about money, rather than a "social", relatively cheap, pastime. I suppose the defenders put more weight on the fact that our current owners saved us from oblivion, but miss the major point that they were in it for the prestige/money. All they want now is to recoup their money...damn the customers. Sad really.

tigercity and ImperialTiger like this.
  8. TigerinSydney

What ****s me right off is that they have moved from this being 'a gift to the city of hull' to 'we will do what is best for the shareholders'

That sums them up for me

To compound that with concessions, seat move, name change etc.etc. just shows them for what they really are

9. tigerscanada

The latter was their intention from the very start. After failing to get a cheap deal/purchase of the stadium from the council, the other tactics were deployed to get the hell out of the situation with as much as they could. In one sense, an early promotion in their tenure as owners just compounded the situation we find ourselves in now.
    We'll bounce back ( the club that is Hull City AFC i mean).

10. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

But Not Before trawling through the Uploads of your night before on the CROSS. You Dirty Bird.

11. TigerinSydney

Haha. You can't have been to the Cross recently. It's pretty much a ghost town these days

Girt Bucket likes this.
  12. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

It's been years since I have been on the official website. the "Tigers TV" tab is devoid of any information on what you actual get if you subscribe. Or if there is any information on what the service actually offers I can't find it. I was looking at signing up as the greedy Egyptians have declined the iFollow deal. I'm only really interested if live games are available though. Can anyone confirm this? Cheers

Edit: I've just signed up, no monetary cost and highlights available to watch, I'm guessing this isn't what I was looking for in regards to watching games next season.

13. tigerscanada

I'll give you what I believe is going to happen based on what I've read from the newly revised www.hullcitytigers.com official City web site.
    I have been subscribing (4.99 quid per month) for several years. I'm resident in Canada.This included TigersPlayer, which gave live audio broadcasts of City games (Burns & Swan commentary (<laugh>), plus delayed (maybe 1 or 2 days) video of game highlights plus delayed full matches videos (2 days after the actual game). This was fine for City both in the PL and the Championship. I could also get live audio commentary through the subscription for almost every other (non-City) match every weekend if a club was part of the same service.
    As you say, they have declined to join the iFollow service, and have replaced TigersPlayer with TigerTV. They are supposedly negotiating with the FA etc to offer live City video matches to non UK residents only. No confirmation of approval announced yet.
    I have finally managed to get onto Tiger TV (yesterday). I think it may be they have picked up my active subscription details from my contract with the original service. I have not checked my banking details yet, but I believe I'm probably still being debited ( credit card via Paypal).
    There are active videos on the new service (Tiger TV) - e.g. recent highlights from the pre-season games in Portugal, plus other historical stuff.
    The new site (www.hullcitytigers.com) is quite good.
    I've called a few phone numbers associated with City, but no one seems to know what's going on. That's typical with the organization.

I suspect shortly there will be sections added to the site to explain how to pay for the service !!!! The only reason I manage to see the video content they have I suspect is that they have picked-up and added the details from the previous service (conversion step in their staged roll-out).

I am holding my breath about the live video match feature, but as I can't access RH over here for the live matches, I'm willing to pay the 4.99 for live audio commentary and delayed video. I suspect if live video matches come to pass, the charge may increase for non-UK subscribers only.

A bit long winded I'm afraid - hope this helps.
    Fingers crossed - but we know how incompetent this organization can be !

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  14. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

Cheers mate that does help quite a bit. I never was a subscriber to Tigersplayer (never got around to it) but I've been living out of the UK for coming up 4 years now and now we're in the Championship again I would like to see live games when I'm awake for them! Eastern Australia isn't the best time difference to be fair!
    I think you being able to see the video content on tigers tv is unrelated to your old tigers player sub as I have just signed up now and I'm able to see videos without anything being paid.
    I suspect they will keep his content going for free until the beginning of the season (or until they have negotiated a price with the football league) and then as you say, put a pricing/paying method on the website to view content.

15. tigerscanada

I think I misread your original post "no monetary payments and highlights available" suggested you couldn't see video.
    The new web-site doesn't have a phone number to call yet. On the old configuration I had a number to contact when my credit card occasionally went over limit & they froze the service.
    Wouldn't be surprised re your last para - the bastards are still collecting from me for the old configuration. Need to follow up.
    I'll pm you if I finally get the live stuff.
    edit: You'll be 9/10 hours ahead of the UK, or thereabouts (my nephew is in Melbourne), so yes
    awkward live timing.

Kevin Francis likes this.
  16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

TIGERS TV - LIVE STREAMING UPDATE

We have looked into these costs and resources needed for this and after consideration have decided against live streaming. The costs to provide this are significant and would require additional financial and human resource which would not be covered by the revenues generated.

In addition, EFL rules state a minimum fee of £5 per match be charged for overseas fans to watch live. The Club is also required to give 30% of all streaming revenue to the EFL which further reduces financial viability.

We have also taken into account the likely low take up of international supporters and concerns about connection reliability at some Championship grounds. It is also worth adding that all live SKY games are embargoed from live streaming.

In place, we will now be able to provide full match replays FREE on Tigers TV from 6pm on the Sunday after a Saturday game and 6pm the day after a midweek game.

Commentary will continue to be provided through Tigers TV with details to follow early next week.

tigerscanada likes this.
  17. disquietTiger

disquietTiger Active Member

Very poor.

I know it'll have to sit in its own region locked platform but if KCOM can afford to do it for free then surely the club could do something.

18. hullinasia

hullinasia Active Member

Qpr opted out as well but they are still doing there own streaming at 119 for the season our club just don't give a **** about supporters

19. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

It was never a gift to the city. It always had a substantial interest charge, five percent at first. Even early on they made their intentions clear when they raised the old age limit from 60 to 65 and got rid the concession for disabled persons helpers.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Either we should be streaming it ourselves, or we should be signing up to iFollow, as almost everyone else has.

tigerscanada likes this.