1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 20th. April 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 19, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

Newmarket

Flat 7 Races 1:50-5:20p.m.
    Cheltenham
    N/H 7 Races 2:05-5:30p.m.
    Ripon
    Flat 8 Races 2:15-6:05p.m.
    Lingfield(E)
    A/W 7 Races 4:40-7:50p.m.
    Tipperary(E)
    Mixed 7 Races 5:10-8:10p.m.
    Taunton(E)
    N/H 6 Races 5:25-8:00p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. mick the jolly sailor

mick the jolly sailor Well-Known Member

For the hat trick:
    Another horse with four legs who will appreciate the good ground and is now becoming well handicapped.
    Like Gallery Exhibition comes off a 6/7 week break, and seems to go well fresh(ish)

Belmount. 3.50 Cheltenham.
    Generally 8/1. Paddy going 9's.

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Our Duke rated just 1lb inferior to Gold Cup winner Sizing John.

Noel O'Brien our senior handicapper has raised the young gun a stone in the weights.

"It was an unbelievable performance at Fairyhouse for a raw novice with just three runs under his belt over fences. But he turned what looked a competitive race into a procession.

"If you look at his four races now he's done it over a variety of distances. He was beaten by a specialtist two and a half miler in Disko in Leopardstown so he has gears but also has limitless stamina"

Id agree with it to be fair. And I also feel Our Duke will be a better horse than Sizing John in time especially at the staying distances.

4. stick

stick Bumper King

Congratulations are in order for our Princess, a colt this time according to reliable sources in Newmarket.

Sticking with DEAUVILLE CRYSTAL 8/1 at Cheltenham today. Not stopped improving yet and the stiff finish at HQ will be right up this fillys street.

gazboy, PNkt, Talal El and 4 others like this.
  5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

No doubt Forumites will once more be more engaged by happenings at jumping HQ than the Gosden-fest at flat HQ. Gosden runners thin on the ground until the last two races today...

Whitecliffsofdover upheld War Front’s honour with a cosy success in the Free Handicap, but the two top-rated Ballydoyle fillies did nothing for it in the Nell Gwyn. So where does that leave anyone assessing Vintage Stakes winner War Decree in the Craven Stakes? Will they be trotting out excuses afterwards about how he will come on for the race?

It has not been a memorable week so far for the Frankel offspring, so should anybody be rushing to get involved with Eminent, course and distance winner of a maiden race on his only start? Even John Gosden’s Frankel colt failed to oblige on Wednesday when the yard won three other races.

I cannot help but think that Racing Post Trophy winner Rivet will be seen to better effect over further and may not be fully wound up for his debut, which leads me to Somerville Stakes winner LARCHMONT LAD, who progressed in the right direction in three starts as a juvenile and comes from a yard with a good record in the race.

floridaspearl likes this.
  6. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

My ones to avoid today
    New
    1.50 castle acre
    2.25 salateen
    3.00 kassia
    3.35 larchmount lad
    Chel
    2.05 deauville crystal
    3.50 cologue
    Cheers

7. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Nice to see Aidan O'B has lost none of his ability to keep talking while telling us absolutely nothing we don't already know...

Aidan O'Brien, trainer of War Decree
    He did well over the winter and is in good form and just ready to start. His three runs last year were over seven furlongs, so we'll have to see how he fares over the mile. The race should tell us plenty.

Anyway, it's not one of his best colts, is it? Not like it's the best he's ever trained or anything.

Rivet
    can win this and looks the value at around 4.6 on BF

8. SimonJ

SimonJ Well-Known Member

Couple that I'm having a look at today purely out of interest, so no money on them.
    In the Cheltenham opener I'll be keeping an eye on Coillte Lass to see if there is any progress
    The Ripon meeting may have some clues for Chester next month, so I'm taking particular interest in one of Hannon's, Alkhor, in the 3.25 and also paying attention to how Johnston's horses run today at that meeting, since The Nortonizer has a few booked.

Now, as to where my darts have landed, I'd say Theatre Territory could be value in the 3.15 at Cheltenham and I'm also having a go with Federici in the 3.50 at Cheltenham ( bit silly to oppose Mick seeking a hat trick, I know! ).
    At Newmarket, I was just going to leave the racing to the compo, but I'm tempted to have a go with Rich and Famous in the opener.

Good Luck and enjoy your day.

9. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Archers Road, post: 10449705, member: 1009562"
    Rivet can win this and looks the value at around 4.6 on BF[/QUOTE]

I was just in my local Betfred shop, their PriceBoost today is Rivet available @ 4/1
    Good Luck <ok>

Archers Road likes this.
  10. An Capall Liath

An Capall Liath New Member

Aidan has had 2 War Front 3yos win in the UK. Whitecliffs won yesterday and War Envoy won the Britannia in 2015 - both handicaps. 0/15 in non handicap races.

I think RIVET is a great bet. Breeding of Danzig (Sire line) and Sadlers Wells (Dam line) is a great combination and I think he will have the speed to cope with this trip as a 3yo

11. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Princess. And - assuming he arrived today - how apt that the little chap should debut on Craven day. You'll be calling him Haafhd, presumably ?

12. stick

stick Bumper King

Yet another War Front that hasn't trained on. Coolmore gang must be scratching heads!

13. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I think Fallon just tipped Call to Mind

14. stick

stick Bumper King

I reckon only the blunder two out prevented the hat trick

mick the jolly sailor likes this.
  15. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Really like Eminent, he was the only one who you'd notice during the Craven race. Big, impressive individual, his papa will be proud of him. Surely he can only improve?

Sorry, this will upset his many fans on here, but cannot stand this goddamn Chapman fellow, but if he is a sign of the times, then so be it. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

16. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good wishes folks, our young man arrived on Tuesday afternoon and following a short stay in hospital we returned home last night.

Of course very happy with today's result, Martyn Meade has been telling all and subdry that this could be the best horse he's trained to date so I only wished I'd invested some £!

17. mick the jolly sailor

Good call, and think Aiden gave the winner a peach.

18. mick the jolly sailor

Best wishes and good health to you both.

19. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I was impressed with Eminent but Rivet may have run a reasonable Derby Trial. I'd imagine Haggas will have him go to somewhere like Chester to see if he's up to it. These Fastnet Rocks seem to need a distance and there's plenty of stamina and class in the bottom half of the pedigree.

20. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member