1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thrreads

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Finally we are getting a mixture of thread topics here - even if some are quite bizarre and stray from the point (see Libya Right or Wrong which has now reached Mango Ice Cream)

For quite a long time while getting to know the site we stuck mostly to the Nest but recently we have expanded a lot. We are moving up the league table in terms of topics discussed - at the moment we are only behind Hull on total number of posts - recently we overtook Leicester but are now nearly double them. Quite a lot of clubs though have more wide ranging discussions than us. I think this helps bring in more people to view and hopefully contribute.

606 is looking very sad now with few posts and quite a lot of them are from people who now use not606 as their main forum

We need to try to make sure that when 606 finally dies the others who used to post Watford topics find there way here. An interesting post by Hull members earlier said they came across "en bloc"

Perhaps we need to keep advertising where we have gone on 606 as it gets harder and harder for people there to access 606 as the links are all being removed.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry about the extra R in threads - it wont let me edit it out.

By the way we are in 6th position in numbers of threads - just in the play off places :)

3. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

I think I will stop being zen guerrilla on the BBC and start being zen guerrilla at not606. :emoticon-0100-smile

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Excellent - start a thread :)

5. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

I like the expansion of topics. We all like to talk Watford but there are other things of interest and there's been a good mixture of serious and amusing chat so far.

6. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It just goes to show that we are not one trick ponies.

I trust you will enjoy my knowledge of the above saying.:emoticon-0100-smile

7. Sir_Luther_Blissett

No prroblem, Lenny ;-).

8. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

We need to get a critical mass if it is to work here. I am worried it will end up with the same 12 or so of us getting sozzled in the nest. So if 606 does go we need to ensure we get as many as possible to come over.

We need some contentious threads too to get us all going......

Also how will people fifnd out about this board when 6060 goes.... will it just be an island of posters with no way new people will find us??

9. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i've told a few people who i know have followed 606 but not necessarily posted there, that we are now here...spread the word any way we can, and hopefully we'll be expanding in no time. And while we're at it, i'd like to say how glad i am that this seems to be a lovely group of people. Just sayin'. ;)

10. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I had thought about another new thread when I was seeking advice, but thought it a touch trivial.

My corkscrew has become rather blunt through over use. What is the best way to sharpen one? <yikes>

11. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

You have probably overused it going clockwise!!! try going anti clockwise and it will be fine :)

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

At the moment I think lots of threads will help attract posters - it is also interesting which threads "take off" - did anyone think Libya would be of such interest to a football community? I am also watching with in terest the threads "do I like" and "do I not like" - does it tell us how positive or negative we are ? :)

13. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I'd say the main thing to do is over the last couple of months of BBC is just keep puting up threads advertising on BBC for over here, with links etc....

I was trying to go on both until this week (although primarily on BBC...), but that is slowly dying, and have come over to here permanently, wit the odd look in on there. It just seems the 'place to be' now.

I think the more threads we have on here, the more people will have a 'quick look' then decide this is where to stay!

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Exactly Kev - the Nest is great but looks a bit like a private members club and can be intimidating for someone new - but plenty of threads with different topics will surely tempt people to give their tuppence worth - hope so anyway as 606 was good and if it is gone we need this as a replacement

15. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Private members club:emoticon-0111-blush It is ,only watford fans on not606 and friends from other clubs need apply <laugh>
    As it says on the door ALL WELCOME:tongue: