1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on the Barnsley game

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Apr 21, 2011.

1. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

With the soon death of 606 there has been less about how we see the last performance and more off BBC topic things. I do like reading all the thoughts on voting, the queen, Libya and so on but I miss the other stuff. We no longer have the real "I thought so and so was truly outstanding" " a bad day at the office" "sell him now he played like a three legged spider" type comments so here is your chance to moan and groan or praise after the Barnsley game.

If this works we could do this after other games.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I think when we were just a few on here we stuck mainly to the Nest which covered almost evertything including football. NOw we have more and there are lots more topics and as there is no BBC style ban on non football it is obvious we like going "off topic"

But I am sure when the football becomes contentious we will get more footballing threads again.

We need another Priskin so that everyone can pick on him again :)

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

We need another Priskin so that everyone can pick on him again

No thanks Leo would rather have Doyley!!!:)

4. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

Off topic posts is one of the things about this site which I think is naff. I come on here to get away from rubbish like politics and war.

I see this forum as a football only thing and can't bear the other posts. I'm sorry if I'm in a minority, but heh ho.

5. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

By the way I don't know what "points", "level" or "rep power" mean. I confess I don't connect on a work pc, so don't post much, but level 3 and rep power ZERO (absolutely nothing!!!!!) Seems a bit naff?

6. Sir_Luther_Blissett

I largely agree, Elixir. That said, ofh got me going on the 'things that make you angry' thread :wink:. The rep power and all that baloney is rubbish, definitely.

7. Norwayhornet

With the occasional football chat as well:)

8. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

They're awards you can get for regularly discussing politics/war and the like <laugh>

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I think the younger generation brought up on facebook and the like probably are more into rep power etc - whatever it means - you don't have to look at them though

Elixir - the good thing is there are plenty of football discussions so you can still easily ignore the ones that don't interest you.

We need more threads started on footballing issues - somehow not606 has not produced the variety of those that we had on 606 - possibly because there are far fewer posters - but that will change in time

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Also I think at the moment we do not have a lot of controversy or disagreement - none of the Hoskins, Priskin debates etc - as we have over-achieved this year I think we are a relatively contented lot - with Baz being the only fly in the ointment

we all miss Mitch - where is he?

11. Norwayhornet

12. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

I like the diversity of subjects and if it's something I'm not interested in I don't bother to read or comment.

As for the Barnsley game, with nothing too much resting on it it could go one of two ways....either an end of season practice game or a high-scoring thriller with both teams trying to entertain. Let's hope it's the latter.

13. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Mitch bugged off to footy forums. I do think we will have to get organised, get a link to this site on watford legends and the from the rookery end plus fanzines and posting on bbc where possible to get more users. I stumbled across 606 largely by accident looking for watford stories we wont get usrs like that here so will have to be more proactive

But look weve gone off topic on aks footy thread! Damm us!

So my 2ps worth - sordel graham and buckly to start massey and murray to come on later. Loanees left in the boxnow.

14. Norwayhornet

Agree with those thought! Roo!
    We have a llink to this site and fb(although I dont use fb much anymore)
    People that already know us (like poshminx) Have found us, but I agree we should be more proactive in finding our old friends!
    SLB your rather good at linking things along with Ak !
    Could you guys act on Roo`s ideas?

15. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

I take Massey's recall as a statement of intent.

To my knowledge we don't have an injury crisis, so the presumption has to be that he'll play in at least one of the next two games.

Hopefully Drinkwater has played his last game. I would also expect Weimann to make way for Sordell now that the season is done and dusted. Nothing against Weimann at all, but there is a very good chance that Marvin Sordell will be our most experienced Championship striker next season. My nerves jingle a little more every time he isn't in the starting eleven.

16. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

A win and a clean sheet is good but it doesn't seem to have been a good display.

Please tell those of us who have arrived with 1 minute of the game left the details.

17. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Nothing much to say NZ - apart from we all should have left after a minute of the game <laugh>

18. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Thanks BB. Not worth getting up for, then?

19. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

lol good one BB.

NZ - if you like those constantly tense games when you know the team isn't playing that well, especially in the second half when the chances for the opposition are coming thick and fast, then it was worth getting up for!

20. Bradleysdad

Bradleysdad Member

To be honest I thought Sordell was poor again today. This new position he seems to be playing in just doesn't work for me. He got really caught out defensively against Norwich and seemed lost again today. Offensively he was too wide and too deep to be effective. Without being too negative about him in both games (I didn't go to Leeds) there just seemed a lack of urgency and enthusiasm. There was one instance today when he played a ball down the line to Doyley and just stayed around the half way line showing no interest in getting forward for a return ball.

Weiman was far more effective when he came on. I like him to be honest and wouldn't mind having him back next year.