1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic the winter of fixture disruptions

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Nov 6, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

this winter we could see quite a number of fixtures disrupted ..mainly in the north and east, the past few years we have seen some quite mild winters .but the winter of 2016/17 could be the jimmy opposite.
    nature has its own way of indicating what may lie ahead ..migrating birds to and from, even certain tree's give a hint ...one "myth" however is moles build a higher mole hill as they need to go below the frozen layer! ... actually the higher, single hill is where they have their young!
    so be prepared for a bit more snow, more frosts ... last winter around here we only had half a dozen or so .... certainly less than 10! Get your garage to increase your anti freeze ratio or do it yourself ..get windscreen anti freeze .. I did a few weeks in Scotland last year and Halfords screen wash with anti freeze was not enough so add a bit of normal anti freeze ... stuff you squirt on ! carry a blanket or 2, and small sheet of plastic, in vehicle and a few "nibbles in the boot" WITHIN REACH they are worthy of great will power not to munch on. I have a small stove extra cans gas, and a few cans of soup, remember a spoon or 2! .. I also carry a self igniting blowlamp and spare gas. and a tub of road salt!
    wonder if anyone else gets kitted up?