1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Yes I do. I think it suits both countries for many reasons that the common travel area is maintained. I also think May will use it as a way of negotiating tariff free trade with the rest of the EU. I am sure there will be some EU countries who will want tariffs imposed as a way of penalising the UK for leaving but I think ultimately the current status quo will be maintained as Tramore points out.

2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I don't think the EU will allow the UK common travel a no tariffs as that would give others the incentive to ***exit.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Guy Verhofstadt Has just played his hand.

4. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Agree Ellers, the real effects of leaving will be felt by many of our children, as they potentially see more and more jobs leave the UK. I fear generations to come will be sitting in history classes studying the short sighted referendum which cut Britain off from their nearest trade partners.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Mekel is getting tough.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Depends how you look at it Dave. It could end up being the best thing for the country, only time will tell.

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Actually Ellers yes, as it's also a desire of the Irish Government to maintain it........unless off course the EU put a spanner in the works!!!!!

On a side issue, had to smile as I got an email from Ryan Air entitled "BREXIT Article 50 Special" flights to the UK from €9.99..........

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh> You got to love Ryan Air. If war broke out with Russia they would offer cheap 'war deals to Moscow" <laugh>

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  9. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

True...the great unknown. I hope for my friends and family in the UK the exiters dreams will all come true and the UK will thrive, I really do. I just can't see it. Less ties with your closest neighbours in almost never beneficial for all involved...but I understand the whole campaign has been about whether that is true or not.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Yes a lot of people divided over this. I think we should be quite confident and look for a good outcome. At the end of the day we are a major player in the world.
    If we look at this in a football terms. We (UK) could be a Charlie Austin leaving QPR (EU). Once gone we are not as good up front and miss him because he is a big player. Which has led to a fall in position and loss of other players. Then you could say however since Charlie left he got injured and doesn't play that much now?
    Oh no I give up!
    <doh>

11. finglasqpr

Mr O'Leary seems to be getting himself in a muddle. Granted he runs a very profitable and successful airline who I use many, many times. He has no problem telling people to be pro-European and how to vote. On the other hand, he buys American (Boeing) planes instead of Airbus (made largely in UK, Germany, France and Spain). If you are so pro-EU Michael, buy European planes for your European customers or people might come to the conclusion that you don't practice what you preach.

12. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

He buys from whom gives him the best deal.

daverangers and ELLERS like this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down:

14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's the nub of it.......

15. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Two questions for you.

1 Which Irishman are you referring to as both have made a far more worthwhile contribution to this debate than you have?
    2 What exactly was the point of your tuppence worth?

TootingExcess and finglasqpr like this.
  16. finglasqpr

I just got that email - 9.99 flights to the UK. It says, "see the sights of London, cheer on your favourite Premier League team" blah blah blah. They should have said, unless your favourite PL team is Liverpool or Mancheater United and we will then rip you off for 170 euros for the pleasure.

17. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Today is a momentous, historic day.

Let's get on with it!

18. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

It's most definitely a threat, Strolls. And a reminder to the likes of Juncker and Verhofstadt that a punishment beating to the UK will also cost the EU dear.

There's a lot of positioning going on at the moment. It's like two boxers running their mouths for the benefit of the media, boasting how they're gonna take their opponent apart. Once the teams sit down across the table, I'm hopeful that all the rhetoric will fade away, and the negotiators will be mindful of the responsibilities to their citizens find a workable resolution that benefits all.

19. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I know it's all opinions...but what's the general feeling on how Brexit is gonna effect house prices here in the U.K. in the next few years, if any at all ??
    I only ask 'cos I'm house hunting at the moment (upsizing) and beginning to wonder if it might be a good idea to hang on for a bit ( Even though Mrs Staines has the final word on that one)

20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

A bit low, wouldn't you say, making threats regarding security? Why should failure to reach a trade agreement weaken our cooperation in security issues?