1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Euro 2012 Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BlastOff, Jun 8, 2012.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

No he is'nt! This is another case of fans using a few games to base their opinion on a player.

Ozil managed more assists than Xavi or Iniesta last Season (17 in the league, 30 in total). He's a fantastic player and was instrumental in Real Madrid winning the league.

EVERY major internmational tournamant we have players that do well, get hyped up and inevitably sign for a big club where they flop.

2. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I don't rate Ozil, never seen what all the fuss is about. It has NOTHING to do with one game <doh>

Same goes for Schweinsteiger.

3. ALTBOULI

ALTBOULI New Member

Your quote above was about Pirlo yet you cant see Ozil doing any of that...really? Ozil reminds me of Fabregas for us just behind the striker role but Ozil is even better in my opinion. The vast majority of chances created by Germany against Italy were created by Ozil. I cant believe you rate Prilo so Highly but think Ozil is overrated

4. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

You have got to be kidding me ? Ozil isn't a patch on Fabregas. when was the last time you saw Ozil make a 50yd pass ? He has good close control and is a decent dribbler .. thats about it.

Do you not think if YOU played for the Real Madrid team that YOU wouldn't get a few goals and assists if you played in an offensive role ???

How you rate Ozil higher than Fabregas who easily was one of the best midfielders in the world with us is a mystery. Class shows. Ozil has been kack for Germany ... maybe because he is actually overrated like I said. The cream 'usually' rises to the top.

5. ALTBOULI

ALTBOULI New Member

Messi doesn't perform for Argentina and Ronaldo is often poor when playing for Portugal so they must be overrated then by that logic<doh> The facts are that Ozil has had 3 assists for Germany in this tournament and scored 1 goal so he is kack as you put it, Pirlo on the other hand has had 2 assists and 1 goal. These stats don't show everything as Pirlo is arguably the player of the tournament, what they do show is that your claim is wrong you said Ozil doesn't do anything... well obviously he does based on the stats Ive shown so your wild claims are ridiculous. I rate Ozil as one of the best midfielders if not the best in his position in the world. I rate Cesc very highly and think that he is better than the likes of Xavi or Inesta who he is often compared to, however in overall ability I think Ozil is better he has very similar abilities to cesc (may not as good a passer though still incredible) but a much better dribbler than Cesc and I believe his overall abilities are higher than Cescs.

6. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Aaah - thats where you are wrong though, because Messi DOES play well for Argentina, he just doesn't score the goals. Remember the last World Cup how he peppered the goal but was massively unlucky not to score the goals he deserved ?? The same goes for Ronaldo.

Ozil got 3 assists .. probably all against Greece <laugh> If you are telling me he had one decent game all tournament I will say you are biased or a liar. Ozil scored a penalty, a good penalty, but what did he do throughout the game ? Bloody hell, even Gerrard had a better Euros than Ozil.

You can rate Ozil all you want, but I know who I prefer and Ozil doesn't come close to any of them <ok>

7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Messi is a poor example - he plays very well for Argentina but hasn't recreated his scoring form. He was heavily involved in the build-up play to ever goal scored by Argentina at the 2010 World Cup and was unlucky not to have a few goals to his name. He has plenty of time to score International goals and i have no doubt that he will bag plenty.

8. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

typical, germany lose one game and suddenly they're all over-rated. you wouldn't be saying that if they'd won.

9. TheBear

I know right! These knee jerk reactions are always soo ridiculous. It cant be that a player has 'just had a bad few games' it HAS to be they are 'over-rated'.

What players do in the top leagues is a far better measure of their quality.

Ozil, Schweinstiger, Podolski, Gomez, Gerrard, Rooney, Ashley Cole, Benzema, Van Persie, Sneidjer et.. have all been consistantly putting in great performances in the Top Leagues. That's a far better measure of their talent.

10. TheBear

Well, Gerrard IS a World Class player.

11. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

So, who does everyone else think will win between Spain and Italy? I think it will another stalemate and therefore yet another penalty shoot out. Cesc to score the winning penalty again. <ok>

12. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

Italy shock landslide.

13. gent

gent Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it will be Italy, they really are the better all around team IMO.

Spain are overdoing it with the "5 yard passes till a 100% opportunity arises" tactics. It might be effective but it's making me hate them.

14. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

It will be 0-0. I might support Italy if it looks like Spain are going to make this boring. Then again, if Italy play Tiago Motta, it will be hard to support any team he is in.

If Spain don't play Torres then I think they'll be boring again. Italy's 4-3-1-2 tactic should work against Spain like it did against Germany, so this is 50/50 for me... which at least creates some excitement.

15. TheBear

I'm backing Italy. Spain have the better team but without David villa don't have a striker of the required quality.

16. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Poor argument. I am not a sheep, I comment on what I see and I have never rated Ozil .. simple .. or Schweinsteiger - over hyped and overrated. Who couldn't look good playing for that Real Madrid team FFS.

17. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Italia all day and night ! Itaia, Italia !! They got sloppy when Motta came on, the man puts no effort in when running, just lets players run past him. Weak link.

"Eh, Eh .. chi non salta è spagnolo eh, eh ......"

18. Arsenal Said Knock You Out!

I'm going for Spain.

19. gent

gent Well-Known Member

Even 20 minutes after being 1 man down, the possession was 50 - 50%. The result really doesn't do the game a justice.

Spain were very clinical, but it just wasn't Italy's day. Could have been a classic if the last half hour would be 11 vs. 11.

20. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Haha, Torres gets the golden boot.
    XD