1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the manager

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Dec 26, 2016.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sir Claudio is going nowhere. (hopefully) Agree Slimani had a shocker against Everton, but he will still be a big player for us.
    I too would like to see more of Musa.
    We are desperate for a quick young talented Center back, a technically gifted midfielder to support DD and Ndidi.
    Let WBA have Schupp for 12m,

2. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

I've been a big critic of Schlupp in the past but I do think he adds to the squad probable best used as an impact sub
    Therefore I'd like him to stay but if he doesn't appear in the squad then best he moves on

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Chilwell is ahead of him at backup LB and Gray is ahead of him at backup LW - might be time to let him go.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I've been a fan ... in the main because he is a raw talent and will only get better ... but if he ever puts in a performance like the one away at porto again I'll be the first to drive him to the Hawthorns <grr>

5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was funny when Ranieri put Musa on left wing as well so we had 3 left sided players in Chilwell, Schlupp and Musa and their ****ing right back still tore them a new one.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I have been a big fan of Schlupp but of all the players he appears to have had his head turned the most by the title win. I do Instagram and I followed him for a while but then unfollowed. Certainly not going to comment on his private life but this season he has been pretty awful and I wouldn't be unhappy if we got a good price and he left. Happy to have been proven wrong about Slimani, He had a great game against West Ham and again against M'borough. In regard to the original topic, Ranieri is chopping and changing because he is a) unlucky with suspensions and injury and b) not getting the level of performance from the players he got last season. Is he less of a manager this season? No. Should we finish in the relegation spots I think he deserves the right to make his own decision on his future. Not that we will mind. Top 10 here we come.

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

To the original post, no, Ranieri is bulletproof this season, hes not sure on his best squad, but isnt afraid to make changes that can effect games.

As for Schlupp, no point in holding onto him as he won't improve without game time and hes way down the list. Can't keep players like him (or King) because of sentiment or nostalgia, it will only hurt us in the long term.

8. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Surprised this wasn't done in June tbh but I can't believe we're having this discussion....... certainly a few things need tweaking which I trust we'll try to do this month...... a few winges about Slimani.... ? I'm a little more pissed off with Vardy and Mahrez,post pay hike tbf