1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs Fleetwood Town Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Nov 1, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Fleetwood Win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score Draw

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    VS
    please log in to view this image

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

All build up to Tuesdays Vs Fleetwood will appear on this thread. :emoticon-0148-yes:

The poll will close on Tuesday 1st November at 1:59pm. :emoticon-0148-yes:

You may change you vote at anytime if you wish :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm sticking with a 2-1 Gas win as that's what I've predicted on the prediction league :D

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Bouncebackability is what we have. We must bounce back with a win if we want to hang around the top 6. I think Roos will start as we have no one else. He will be pretty nervous though due to the attention that his errors are making. What he needs the most is an early cracking save to remind himself and everyone how good he can be. A clean sheet will help too.

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

As I said on another post I believe in DC and the team to keep fighting to the end, and to win every match which was proved wrong on Saturday, I do however believe that DC will want the team to show the supporters that that was a blip in the run of things
    My predictions are Kelle Roos to have a stormer and Rovers to be the victors 3 - 1

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Last Meeting

Tuesday 25th March - Fleetwood 3 - 1 Gas

Record @Bristol

PLD 3 W 0 D 1 L 1 GF 1 GA 4

8. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

9. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

The Gas welcome the Cod Army to the Memorial Stadium on this evening, the last time the sides met in 2014, Fleetwood won the match 3-1.

All Terrace, South and South West Stand Seats are still available for the game so get your ticket today. We are expecting a crowd in excess of 9,500, therefore please arrive in good time to avoid queues. Both the West Stand and East Stand seated areas are sold out for this fixture.

Here’s your match day schedule for Bristol Rovers v Fleetwood Town on Tuesday 1st November 2016.

9.00am: The Club Shop opens for business with a wide range of items. Check out our full range on our retail website www.brfcdirect.co.uk
    4.00pm: Car parking at the stadium opens to season permit holders, where car park attendants will direct car parking. Spaces are not available on a match-by-match basis. Roads in the immediate vicinity of the stadium are not subject to any parking prohibitions on match days, however drivers are asked to park sensibly and not obstruct resident’s driveways/access.

We recommend travelling to the Memorial Stadium by bus, has never been easier we have seven services which stop close to the ground and then it's just a short walk further details can be found at www.firstgroup.com/bristolrovers .

5.00pm: The Clubhouse Bar opens for Home supporters on a first-come, first-served basis. Sky Sports News will be showing live on the big screen from opening.

Irene’s Kitchen Restaurant will be open in the Bristol Room, serving hot food from chips, burgers, hot dogs, pasties, pulled pork rolls and lots more.

Ticket Office opens and will remain open right up to kick-off at 7:45pm for supporters looking to buy home & away tickets or collect tickets for today’s game.

6.30pm: Stadium opens.

Families are welcome In the Bristol Post Family Terrace, there is a food kiosk where you can buy food and drinks. Captain Gas will make an appearance before kick-off.

Don’t forget to buy your 50-50 tickets to be in with a chance to win a substantial cash prize. Tickets will be available throughout the stadium before kick-off with the draw taking place at half-time. Look out for our Bristol Rovers Supporters Club 50-50 volunteers around the stadium.

Supporters will also be able to pick up the official Matchday Programme, The Pirate, for a price of only £3.

7.45pm: Kick-off! It’s time to back Darrell Clarke’s team to victory. C’mon You Blues!

8.30pm: At Half time, Nick Day will be your host for the interval. Listen out for the 50-50 and Helpline Draw. It's every supporters dream to score at Memorial Stadium and now you could make that dream a reality when you Kick it for a Flexi-Ticket ... see Twitter for more details.

9.30pm: On the final whistle, the Clubhouse Bar re-opens with Screen Soccer Highlights on the big screens before the bar closes.

Don’t miss any of the action and buy your tickets now to back The Gas at The Mem. Tickets are available, priced from £16 for adults, from £14 for 16-21 and from £5 for under-16s.

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

After dominating Saturday’s game against Peterborough and coming out pointless Bristol Rovers fans were left asking, “How did that happen?”

This evening they have the perfect opportunity to put that mishap behind them when they entertain 10th placed Fleetwood Town.

The Fylde coast team are just one point behind the Gas having got off to a solid start to the season with just one defeat in their opening eight games before losing three in a row. Things have steadied again with three wins and a single defeat in their last four games. The latest of those was a 2-1 victory over Gillingham on Saturday.

In a dull first half the Cod Army took the lead on 19 minutes when on loan midfielder Kyle Dempsey rifled in a shot that David Bell deflected over the line from within the area.

The Gills contrived an equaliser just seven minutes into the second half as the home team failed to successfully clear a corner and the Kent team’s Jake Hessenthaler struck a goal from the edge of the area.

With time running out Conor McLaughlin provided a near post ball to Ash Hunter who put it away on the volley for his fifth goal of the season.

Fleetwood Boss Uwe Rosler was well pleased with his team after the game he commented, “We had some great opportunities where we missed the last ball and then we got sucked into their game. I’m delighted with our performance though and we started the game very well and got the early goal again.”

“We found it difficult to deal with their wide players because we couldn’t get around them. Our pressing against some teams was difficult to hold them away because they just lobbed the ball into their body, it was very difficult.”

“Mentally, we were strong dealing with the long balls and the balls into the box and like I always said, in Fleetwood Town, nobody is more important than the team. Our substitutions helped us today with energising us again and winning us the game.”

Rovers have had a win, a draw and two losses in their only four games against the seaside club. In 2012/13 the first season that the teams met the game at the Mem saw a steely 0-0 draw and Rovers came out on top in Lancashire as they returned victorious from Highbury Stadium with a 3-0 win, with goals by Danny Woodards, Eliot Richards and John-Joe O’Toole.

In the game in Bristol the following season it was 0-0 until the 64th minute when Jamille Matt netted from close range to give the visitors the lead. That lead was short lived, as Rovers equalised just two minutes later. John-Joe O’Toole headed into the top of the net following a good cross whipped in from the left from Bond.

As Rovers pushed for the winner Fleetwood re-took the lead on 87 minutes, Matt scoring his second of the game from the edge of the box after good interplay with Antoni Sarcevic who opened up Rovers defence.

In time added on the Cod Army got their third to seal the three points. Substitute Jon Parkin, scored an impressive volley from a tight angle.

The last time the teams clashed was in Lancashire and the home team ran out 3-1 winners. Fleetwood took a 21st minute lead when Rovers’ Skipper Tom Parkes tried to cut out a through ball some 30 yards from goal, but failed to control it and it fell to Sarcevic whose shot beat Steve Mildenhall with the aid of an apparent deflection off of Mark McChrystal.

With five minutes of the half remaining. Michael Smith blocked a shot from David Ball at the expense of a corner and when Morris swung the ball in from the left, the home skipper rose unchallenged to direct a header past Mildenhall.

Within six minutes of the second half the game was over as a contest, a cross from the left found Ball in space and his header beat Mildenhall who got a hand to the ball but couldn’t prevent it crossing the line.

Ellis Harrison pulled a goal back in the 79th minute from Lee Brown’s corner as he headed in his first goal of the season from close range.

Cod Army striker Ball heaped praise on substitute Ash Hunter for the impact he made on Saturday, “He is talented. Ash has shown over the past couple of seasons what he can do, he certainly got a lot to learn but if he can do certain things right he can be a really good player.”

“We got three points out of the two away games and we knew that playing at home we had to get back to winning ways. Fair play to the lads we’ve done that today.”

“It was tough. I think from the middle part of the first half we played some good stuff and caused them problems when we got it down and played. We didn’t play as well as we have done but we got the win so that’s good.”

“When you’re playing against big centre halves I’m probably the one that has to challenge for the long kicks so I’ve got to put my body on the line for the team. It’s probably the first time really I’ve played when I haven’t been scoring but I feel like I’ve contributed to the team in different ways. I’ve been staying in my own position for a run of games and it’s allowed me to be confident in that sense because I know I’ll get another go in the next game.”

Before the Gillingham game Rosler had thrown down a challenge to his team to show more aggression, “I think we have a squad of players who, on the day, can beat anyone in our league. In League One I see a lot of talented players, but I also see inconsistency and mistakes. And with that we have to focus on us how to beat Gillingham this week.”

“We have to minimise our mistakes all over the pitch, not only in defence but also in midfield and up front.”

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

16:00 1st November 2016

Take a look at Tuesday's visitors, Fleetwood Town.

Bristol Rovers go into our rearranged encounter with Fleetwood Town knowing that a win can take them up to fifth in the table.

Team News: Rovers have a fully fit squad to choose from heading into the game.

Darrell's View: "Fleetwood are a very good, hard-working team. In the games that I have watched, they don't stop and they have good players," said Darrell.
    "They are a club that has spent millions on a new training facility and they have an owner that has backed them through from non-league and into the league that they find themselves in now."

Opposition: Today's opponents Fleetwood Town currently sit in 10th place in the SkyBet League One table with 22 points, one point behind Rovers in eighth place. Fleetwood Town make the trip to the Mem on the back of a 2-1 victory against Gillingham on Saturday.

Dangerman - David Ball: The striker is Fleetwood's top scorer this season with six goals to his name. Starting his career at Manchester City, Ball was part of the youth side that won the 2008 final of the FA Youth Cup for City. Since leaving Manchester City, the striker has had spells at Swindon, Peterborough and Rochdale, before joining Fleetwood in July 2012.

In his 133 appearances for Fleetwood the striker has scored just over thirty goals, his last coming in their 2-1 victory over Gillingham on Saturday.

Last Time Out: The two sides last met on 25th March 2014 at Highbury Stadium in League Two. That day Fleetwood won the match 3-1, with goals from David Ball, Mark Roberts and Antoni Sarcevic. Ellis Harrison grabbed the goal for Rovers that day.

Tickets: Tickets in the Thatchers North Terrace are limited, but there is plenty of availability in the Dribuild East Terrace.

Keeping Up With The Game: Full match commentary of Rovers game with Peterborough United can be heard through Gas PlayerHD. Supporters can access our LIVE match coverage by clicking here.

Alternatively, stay tuned to the club’s social media outlets.

Bristol Rovers found on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for your match day fix and make sure you use #BristolRovers!

Betting: The Football League’s primary sponsors, SkyBet, have priced the game up with Rovers available at 10/11, a draw at 13/5 and Fleetwood Town at 29/10.

Bristol Rovers and SkyBet Promote Responsible Gambling for over 18s only. Prices correct at time of writing and subject to change.

www.gambleaware.co.uk

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I got to say that we deserved all 3 points tonight. By far the better side. Thought both our full backs in Leadbitter and Brown were outstanding. I didnt think Taylor was ever going to score after how many chances fell to him during the game but he has scored again.

Its just so frustrating that we have to go a goal down yet again before we start playing well. Thankfully we conceded so early that we had plenty of time to not only get back in the game but to actually win it! Happy days.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just seen the goals on Sky Sports News. Fleetwoods goal was a mistake by Clarke-Salter which we all knew anyway but I was shouting at the TV for Lockyer to come across quicker to close down the goal scorer. He was too slow to react. Taylors header for our 1st goal was a fantastic cross from Leadbitter. It was perfect! And what skill by Montano doing the drag back which gave him space to shoot. It took a deflection which fooled the keeper but Montano deserved that luck with the deflection after that skill he showed!

old timer likes this.
  14. old timer

Thought we played well generally tonight was pleased that Kelle Roos got a good reception when he came on for the second half and at the end of the match he made a couple of important saves again tonight

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Got to the ground late so missed their goal I bet Salter won't get the same guff that Roos has been getting lately.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    old timer and Quilllogic like this.
  17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Lines got booked last night which is apparently his 5th yellow. So he will now miss the FA Cup game this weekend <ok>

18. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think DC will probably give a few more players a game during the next two matches. We may see Mansell and McChrystal back for at least part of these games.

19. old timer

Roos made two good saves first half last night, standing at the opposite end of the ground I didn't realise just how good they were until I looked at the highlights on the above video

20. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Still worrying the amount of chances we don't put away.
    It made last nights game much closer than it should have been.