1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Final That Brendan Built?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by the_fosse, May 27, 2011.

1. the_fosse

the_fosse Member

Is this a fair argument? I mean McDermott has done a remarkable job at Reading that’s for sure but Rodgers did lay down good initial thoughts and ideas.

What ever your take on the philosophies of either club one thing is for sure. These have been two of the most entertaining clubs to watch and both warrant a place in the top flight.

Here’s to a great game and may the best team win!

Brendan Rodgers argument blog below:

http://sportales.com/soccer/the-final-that-brendan-built/

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Good read, though I think there are some grounds at Swansea for giving credit for the foundations to Martinez, not Sousa, as Sousa stifled the legacy of our fluid midfield passing game, where as Rodgers acknowledged the Martinez legacy by returning to the former more offencive style of Martinez, fixing the issues of our front line in the process as well with Borini and Sinclair, it's important too to note that Rodgers saw the skills of Dobbie in placing him just behind the striker as the play maker and third predator in and around the box, something that Martinez original signed Dobbie for when Scotland was with us. The only thing that one can give credit to Sousa for was his coaching of our back four in defensive skills dept, which gave us a stronger back line after his departure. The fact that now with hind sight Martinez departure was a blessing in disguise is evident from the legacy that we are now benefiting from, from both Sousa and currently Rodgers. Rodgers has been gifted a talented squad, that already came well equipped to play the Rodgers philosophy, and as such Rodgers only had to tweak the team, to accomplish his goals. I would also like to add that I was not happy with the low key appointment of Rodgers at the beginning, as he was well down the pecking order of applicants, but it is true to say, that Brendan Rodgers has been an inspiration and a breath of fresh air in his very first season, at Swansea City, and I for one wish him a long and prosperous career here at Swansea, long may he reign.
    please log in to view this image

3. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

When most were saying " Sousa got us to our highest position " I was thinking he kept us from a higher position . Martinez brought Dobbie in to dabble in that mid forward formation that Bauza just wasn't able to handle . Sousa , for whatever reason , treated Dobbie like garbage & kept him away from the team . Enter Buck & he uses Dobbie the exact way Martinez meant him to be used . We all know how well Dobbie plays that mid forward role now , superbly .

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Have a look at my Article on Brendan - and good luck Swansea