1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Final Five?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by JamboBCFC, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

According to the BEP anyway..

Apparrently two of the following are coming back for final interview;

Mark Robins, Dave Jones, Sean O'Driscoll, Derek McInnes and John Hughes.

Thoughts?

McInnes, Jones, O'Driscoll, Robins and Hughes in that order for me.

2. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

jones mciness o'driscoll robins hughes order for me

3. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

Same as Lan for me.

4. OfficiallyRed

OfficiallyRed Member

Guys, whats the point in all of this talk? were getting Mark Robins, IM TELLING YOU!!!!

5. bcfcinsydney

bcfcinsydney Member

They ll probably go with Robins coz Price loves the branding opportunities that goes with Robins running the Robins. Jesus

6. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

will praying help?

7. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

Rumours that are apparently coming from the club indicates that they may have their choice signed today though no word (if true) whether a public announcement would be made straight away.

When the club annouced that Millened had beeen let go they stated who would be taking training but never stated who would be in charge for our next game so I am taking that as they hope to have someone in post before Saturday. If not hopefully they will make an annoucement that Walsh will take charge of the game as even though it is at reserve level maining he has the most experience at managing a team and he produces great results.

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

McInnes, O'Driscoll then Robins in that order for me

9. OfficiallyRed

OfficiallyRed Member

I doubt it but we can try :|

10. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

The more I read about McInees, the more impressed I am. The negative side to this is the compensation we would need to pay and typically when you have to pay to get someone's contract torn up, you feel obliged to give them a long contract. of course that didn't hold true for Milly - why on earth he was signed for 3 years is beyond me.

I like the way O'Driscoll plays but no success to really speak of.

Robins - obviously talented and maybe after seeing SAF manage at Utd, he may have an insight into the qualities needed to be a success.

I still see Jones as the likely manager - logistically makes sense, no compensation due and has cut the cloth in the Championship.

Exciting few days coming up!

11. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Millen already had signed a 3 year contract as assistant to Coppel, when Coppel left the board just changed his title from Assist to manager.

I just HOPE that the board this time, is going for a manager not only to get us out of the mire, but one that will progress us in the future.
    I can't say I'm that excited about the names that are in the frame, but we shall see.

12. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

well it has to be jones END OF

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

JUST seen onefor coming out of redcliffe cathedral...lol:emoticon-0105-wink: :emoticon-0105-wink: :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. oneforthebristolcity

Strange sense of humour John??
    What I'm praying for will never happen as the board doesn't have the balls......it will be another cheap option...same old same old.

15. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

It takes time to get a good man in - OR DOES IT.

If they were true decision makers they would know the right man and go and get him. Where's the ambition ? To hell with an extra few grand a week for salary, that kind of money pales compared with L1 football.
    Sextone says 'Steve will be back from England U21 duty for this w/e'.
    He deliberately mentions 'England U21 duty' because that impresses the fool.
    Means bu**er all to me. The England U21 'lot' are and have been absolutely useless.

Losing faith by the day with the board and Sextone.

16. oneforthebristolcity

Always been the same Redprint, I don't know why but I think we will always be a small club that lacks ambition.
    I though all that had changed when SL came on the scene, but I have a bad feeling he's got fed up with it...
    Bit doom & gloom I know.....maybe Colin has a surprise for us, maybe if McInnes (if he's appointed) is like a Paul Lambert we might be ok !!!!!!!!!
    Don't hold your breath though!!!!

17. Shinycitylad7

well perhaps we have our manager ready to be signed up BUT... other offers are coming in for him from other clubs, so perhaps were playing the waiting game and were waiting for him to say no........ or perhaps sextoy is trying to hagle the managers wage down, cheap ****

18. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

If it's someone in a job, like McInnes, then compensation needs to be sorted out. This can take time.
    Do you just want our board to roll over and have our tummies tickled - we need to get the best man for the right price.

19. Shinycitylad7

well the "right man" has been interviewed, so why the board don't just get sign him now ready for posh at home i don't know, otherwise its a hard trip away to palace, but we do, do well up there and it is my favorite away game so who knows

20. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

RP GUESS a longer prayer session could help

ONEFOR..ITS BEEN SO PATHETICALLY unhumerous on here for so long it warps the sense of....
    mind you at 0130 last night I nearly didnt read another POTENTIALLY BORING manager article..

I was dumbfloundered by it...say no more..

but you seem to be rather, dare I say it stewing in your own juices at the moment, when he comes he comes no matter who, english, Scots or welsh makes no difference for sure we will have him for a year....no good fearing the unknown you'll be bald very quickly...besides pulling hair out is also painful I hear ....:emoticon-0100-smile :emoticon-0100-smile :emoticon-0100-smile