1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Debate Part 3 Dom Solanke

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Aug 10, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

All true but you don't rate benterteskey so that's not an argument.

Ligue 1 was even more pony back then.

I see you are going for the arsene wenger school if persistence with that statement

2. moreinjuredthanowen

In the main origisuffers from the same affliction that benteke and lukaku does. Missthetargetalotitis.

Real strikers get a chance and the score. Lukaku misses a shed load of chances. Benteke is worse.

Origi isn't too bad off his right peg but in the air he is average and he has no left foot.

Solanke looks better in the air to me. Not sure he has much of a left foot though.

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

So we should write off a 22 year old and just sell?

I guess Chelsea are the experts on handling youth players:

If they're ****, send them on loan and sell.

If they're good, send them on loan and sell.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

haha sorry i was just being a wum.

In all seriousness, origi is at an age he needs to be playing regularly. Right now he is in the standard Wenger keep them because he has potential stage.

Origi is probably at a stage where Lukaku was a few years back (but a bit worse). Origi has the athleticism and when he first joined he was quick and strong. He's still that now but three things:

1. he misses to many chance
    2. he's stopped using his strength effectively
    3. he's not got a great first touch ala lulu.

He's not getting regular football which is understandable as he's not good enough and whether its starting or as a sub, he's not really been making much of an impact. I thought he'd be great on the counter as he should have the bones to make his own chances cause of his size and speed but from what i see he just doesn't fit into the fast counter attacking that Klopp likes (maybe cause his vision and distribution isnt good enough).

He'd be far better off being loaned off for the time being as he's not really developing for you guys and he's quite far down the pecking order. He's not 18 or 19 anymore whereby a few appearances here and there are useful for him. He's been at liverpool for 4 years now and the initial happy phase is turning into a stagnating period, especially as he's no where nearer the first team.

Unlike Chelsea who just send everyone on loan, Origi actually needs to go on loan to go and prove himself a bit

As for chelsea, yeah we send them out and they don't get opportunities in the first team, but at least they are moving onto bigger and better things. Imagine if we let Lukaku, KDB, Courtois, Ake, etc etc rot in the reserves, they might end up like half of the liverpool youth playing for a bunch of no marks

Jimmy Squarefoot and Solid_Air 2 like this.