1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Doc likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just spat my coffe out reading Este' s bit about sorting some **** out at work, wonder what Harris is doing with his weekend <laugh>

Irishshako and ellandback like this.
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Publicity Pete by name and Publicity Pete by nature.

Notice how he's pushing Dacourt to one side to steal more of the picture !

BillysStatue likes this.
  4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

<laugh> Post of the week for me <laugh>

5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

According to Phil Hay's twitter account CBJ having medical tonight and loan deal nearly done.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Could be skipper by tomoz then

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

9. wakeybreakyheart

where i come from that's a compliment than's victor.

10. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

11. lifecheshirewhite

Within a few minutes you will have dropped the joint tag.<ok> yep you did.

12. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Is this idiot looking at being a comedian as a second career....:emoticon-0140-rofl:

I like their logo, by skill and labour, or hard work if you like........the hard work might be there...:emoticon-0148-yes:

13. wakeybreakyheart

kunt

14. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

nil sine pulvere

15. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

The EFL has confirmed it is working in conjunction with Millwall Football Club on plans to introduce a number of practical measures in an attempt to repair any reputational damage suffered by both the club and the League as a result of the behaviour of a minority of the club’s supporters.

15 point deduction ??

16. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

cracking post Jocko ... I agree that the laziness is created by his ability to see things early, and it was obvious in the U18s ... this meant he cruised through games rather than dominate them ... when he got to the seniors this got him into trouble quite a lot, simply because play would change a lot quicker and he would be caught out of position because he was jogging rather than sprinting

Phillips has a lot of potential, and I too was impressed with how he pushed up the field a lot more in pre-season ... this is definitely down to Tommy who wants a higher tempo, attacking game from Leeds ... with O'Kane being so busy it helps free up Phillips a lot more, and he now has no excuse for strolling around ... I also feel the new signings will have opened his eyes and forced a rethink, because now there is genuine competition for places ... when you consider that we have O'Kane, Phillips, Klich, Ronaldo, Anita and Bridcutt all fighting for two positions then it means Phillips has no choice but to lift his game

he has the ability, can Tommy get him out of his bad habits and get him to start dominating games and realising his full potential ... if Phillips grows up this season, Leeds will have on helluva player ... I really hope so, we know what's holding him back, but we also know what he's capable of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to coach rugby at Prem level in South Africa, working alongside two ex-Springboks at a newly promoted club ... it was a tough league, and we'd be up against teams that regularly fielded International players ... we had seven or eight genuine leaders in the squad, and we decided to let the players choose who they wanted to lead them ... this meant there was no ambiguity at all, no coach's favourite ... it worked really well, we finished third in our first season after being made odds-on favourites for the drop, and we won a fcuk off big trophy in the Cup ... in my three seasons there we never finished outside the top three

Tommy said that he feels there are seven captains in his dressing room, all leaders ... he has made a good call asking the players to choose who wears the armband ... Tommy understands player management

Sir Clive Woodward, who I happen to know, used this same decision making process when he built his World Cup winning team ... he explained to me that he chose a number of his squad based on their leadership abilities, and that there were a few players who, although better in terms of quality, missed out because they weren't as strong in character ... he ended up with what he called nine Chiefs in his squad, and this meant he had nine players capable of making decisions and contributing to the leadership on the field ... yes, he had Johnson as his armband wearer, as Johnson was the players' choice, but he could very easily have made players like Dallaglio, Wilkinson and Greenwood his named captain ... Sir Clive believes it was because he had nine Chiefs in his squad that England were able to win the World Cup

Tommy is subscribing to this same psychological approach in identifying seven captains, and making it clear to the squad there are seven natural leaders in the dressing room ... this means that when things get tough on the pitch, the armband skipper is not alone, and there are others who can help to drive the team on and change direction ... commitment and passion is what you expect from a captain, Leeds have seven

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FORZA LEEDS, Jammy 07, LeeUtd and 2 others like this.
  18. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

nil sine pulvere = No free from dust.......really?

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Fingers & eveything else crossed for him :D As you know, I'm a fan, but tbh, with all the new signings, there's no-one more surprised than me that he's a new season starter. Hope he shows us all why he's earned it. :D

20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Nice effort