1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

We are still no closer finding out who our next Manager will be!!!

upload_2017-6-13_7-54-26.png

Monk has been speaking to the journo's at his Boro presser:-

He said: “It is good to have that clarity. The club are also quite far down the line in terms of organisation and the determination with what they wanted to do and that ties in with myself and having those ideas and they aligned really well. “The key is the opportunity and understanding of what the club wants to do and how we are going to go about it.

The clarity of that is what appeals most.” It has happened now and I have moved on. I don’t want to go into the details. I have a lot of respect for that club and I had a really good time there.

Garry Monk On his exit from Leeds, he said: “It is important to make clear it was two separate situations.
    Obviously, there was the situation with Leeds in having the season I had and expecting them to go forward with that process and be at Leeds in terms of discussing with the new owners. “We couldn’t find that (agreement) and I then became a manager without a job. Obviously, I am ambitious and want to be working and find that right challenge, which is something I always wanted.

“The fans (at Leeds) were fantastic and it is a great club and there were a lot of good people at that club. I wish them well and hope that club can get back to the Premier League. It is a club that deserves to be in the Premier League.” “It has happened now and I have moved on. I don’t want to go into the details. I have a lot of respect for that club and I had a really good time there. I thought it would carry on; it hasn’t for whatever reasons and I had to go into the next phase of what I needed to do which was find another club aligned with my ambition. Middlesbrough, for sure, was that club.”

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

He's full of bull, lies, and no talent, Boro will find this out......:emoticon-0148-yes:

FORZA LEEDS, Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

True but enough about glory,lets try and keep it to football.

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Clear Monk didn't want to work as a coach wants to be a manager cant blame him <ok>
    I think he was and still is fooking useless time will tell but I'm usually right <whistle>

Whitejock, Irishshako, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Monk clearly didn't want to work under a director of football, this could be Rads first mistake, is it that we are having a problem finding a coach who is actually willing to?

I wouldn't mind Rads admitting this isn't the route to go, not in the Championship, ditch the director or give him a scout only role and get someone proven in like Pearson and allow him to pick his own transfer targets.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Doc likes this.
  6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Its the Italian way mukka took Cellino a while to learn his mistake rad will learn too, MHO is the championship is the best league in the world and toughest to get promotion from because of premier league parachute monies not often a team without these monies make it. although last year 2 did in Brighton and Hudders
    hope for us all <ok>

ristac, hemase and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  7. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Morning ... it was all change for Monk when his agent got the call from Boro ... he can colour it any way he wants to, as always in football it's all about the money ... Monk clearly feels there will be less pressure at Boro, and because they've just come down from the Prem it should be a shoo-in for promotion in his first season

Monk has been extremely disrespectful to Radz and Leeds by claiming the club is disorganised and unstable ... when you consider the leadership team Radz has put in place along with signing Ronaldo to a four year deal, I'd say it's more of a club with a plan to grow ... Monk could have been part of the rebuild, but he's gone for what seems easier for him ... the most comical thing is how he believes the Boro job gives him stability ... well, let's see when they're 15th come Xmas how stable it is

Boro were dreadful last season, and when you consider that all the clubs below 8th in the Prem are genuine Championship material, then you can see it's not going to be straight forward for the Smoggies, just ask the mighty Villa ... one thing's for sure, the vibe at ER when Boro come to town is going to be extremely hostile, and Monk is in for a real shock

we should have our new manager in place by the end of the week, and I do still expect Beattie, Pep and Flahavan to go to Boro ... one caveat, normally they would have gone by now with only weeks left on their contracts, but it may be they're waiting to see if the new manager wants them to stay ... it will be hilarious if Monk doesn't get his team to join him, specially Pep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Facts speak for themselves:
    1. Only 3 foreign coaches have won promotion from the Championship & all 3 were given huge war chests. We dont have the war chest.
    2. We need an experienced manager who has won promotions in the past, like Big Sam, Big Mick, Pardew, Pearson etc.
    3. We are using the much copied European model with a DoF at the head, which works well everywhere abroad & a few places like Watford etc which have used it.
    So unless a foreign coach is given a war chest, or we manage to get Big Sam to work under a DoF we are playing around in the wrong sand pit.

Grayson or Karl Robinson would fit the bill as both would work in the new system & both have experience of winning promotions. Grayson is doing a great job with no money again

ristac and Farsleyexile like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Billy my understanding is that James Beattie left the club with Monk, only Pep is still on the books. I also read a story from Mids that Agnew was being kept on to work under Monk & with Beattie

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Bit different this year doc. Two foreign coaches got promoted... one did it on a shoestring. 5 of the top 6 teams had foreign coaches. Granted a couple of those have plenty of experience of British football.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Newcastle spent £37m, Huddersfeild paid prem wages to a load of top kids on loan from Chelsea etc so had a war chest. We have never given a manager the tools they need.

2010 & 2017 were similar with both Monk & Grayson top 6 all season but wheels fell of at Jan Window each time. Bates thought Grayson had won the league so refused him cash and we know what happened this season.

12. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

So tell me mr Monk, what was it that first attracted you to a job at Boro at twice the pay?

Anyway I'm just waiting I have no idea what's going to happen . Just hope we don't lose smother summers preparation and , obviously, that we end up with someone good

Last I saw Stamm was not interested as Leeds is too small a job. I didn't want him before, if he said that I'm delighted and he can fck orf

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  13. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Just a thought re Monk. I despise what he did like everyone else however, one thing I noticed. He was never impressed with Rad since his arrival. He had a go in February at the owners for leaving transfer business too late and being disorganised. Whenever asked about his future, he continually said that would depend on whether the ambitions of the new owner matched his and it clearly didnt in the end. I just hope Monk didnt see something we are refusing to see. I said ages back, this summer will tell what Rads made of. Personally not terribly bothered about backroom staff or the other stuff behind the scenes, I just want to enjoy another season having a go at promotion. Anything less will be a failure in my books

ristac likes this.
  14. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

I couldn't give a **** about the Monk stuff, he's gone and he's history.

I'm just waiting and refreshing Twitter for an announcement. I chat to the the fella who does the social posts for Leeds and he's been told nothing yet but said sometimes he finds out a week before or sometimes its hours... So the wait continues...

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

You think hudds had a bigger war chest than us? We slag off our owners/managers for taking the loan route. Whichever, I'm not sure you picked a great year to make your point about foreign managers. Yes most of them have them have been backed, but plenty of british managers were backed too with fiddly success in the champ last year.

The most successful managers last year on a cash to results basis were Hughton, monk, Stam and wagner. Two brits two foreigners. Can't recall what Fulham spent, they might be up there. Wednesday def splashed the cash.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Don't know how true it is but just read that Huddersfields wage bill was LESS than Rotherhams <ok>

17. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

nice try .. here's something for you ... Millwall's new away kit as modelled by Morison

please log in to view this image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Newcastle now paying Premier League wages at Championship level
    Eyebrows were raised when Matt Ritchie left Bournemouth this summer. You might have expected the winger to have attracted the attention of a club like Everton, West Ham or even Tottenham. Maybe he did, although the Scotland international instead agreed to join Newcastle.

He wasn’t the only one. Mohamed Diame scored the winning goal in the Championship play-off final of last season to supposedly “achieve the dream” of playing Premier League football once again, although the midfielder didn’t hang around at Hull City for very long.

Perhaps the uncertainty at the KCom Stadium led to the Tigers’ most prized player deciding to up roots and head to Tyneside, although we can be fairly certain that Rafael Benitez was able to wave a massive pile of cash in the direction of a player who must have received several offers in the summer.

The manager himself didn’t find himself at the north-east outfit by accident. Reports last season suggested that the Spaniard only agreed to take the Newcastle gig if he was paid £4 million a year in the process.

To put that into perspective, it makes Benitez the ninth-highest paid manager in the world and also explains why the former Liverpool and Real Madrid chief was happy to not only inherit a doomed Magpies squad but also remain in place after they had been relegated.

Huddersfield Town, who won promotion to the Premier League by beating Reading on penalties, are a much smaller club in financial terms than the Royals. Reading have annual revenues of £26m and Huddersfield £11m. Reading's wage bill is £31m and that of Huddersfield £13m.

Both clubs, it will be noted, pay out more than 100 per cent of their revenue in wages, but that is not unusual for Championship clubs trying to win promotion. Huddersfield lose £5m a year.

Huddersfield will no doubt be installed as relegation favourites, but even if that happens parachute payments will raise the club's earnings to £170m over the next three seasons.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sheff WEd have a bunch of strikers that any one of them would walk into our team, they have an overseas manager but obviously invested in players to win promotion. We pay peanuts in comparison and cant even compete with Huddersfield

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Those of you saying we will have a coach this week, you said the same last week and the one before.
    You have no reason to quote it as fact , it's just wishful thinking. It will happen eventually and eventually you will be right. First of July would be the very latest IMVHO by which time we have lost an entire preseason and the transfer targets the coach would have wanted.

How have our promotion/relegation odds fluctuated since rad took over? (genuine question).