1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 22, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Garry Monk is 11/8 favourite to take the vacant Managers job at Boro!!!

Monk is now well clear of his closest rival in the betting, with Giggs drifting to 4/1 and Pearson out to a relatively distant 6/1

Thoughts?

Charlie Taylor is wanted by galatasaray!!!!

galatasaray's first choice Matthias Ostrzolek is unlikely to join the Turkish outfit as his club Hamburg performed heroics at the weekend keeping them in the Bundesliga.

Jansson has been speaking to the Swedish press.

The team has done well, so it’s clearly easier for me to do well personally. Playing for the national team has been a good personal development, absolutely. I built myself up in Italy but received dividends for it in England instead.

“Leeds are a fairly young team and maybe that showed close to the end and we slipped down in the final rounds, unfortunately. But it’s still a good year, Leeds got to its feet, got the fans back, and it’s a great atmosphere around the club. There have been many turbulent times. Now we start to build on something that maybe we were not ready this year, but hopefully next year.”

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Pontus - I like that he says "We" so I would imagine no worries over his contract or signing of it.

I'm surprised the ownership hasn't been sorted yet, has Monk had his sit down chat with Rad yet?

Taylor - Nothing would surprise me with him.

Remember Chris Dawson - Was shipped out on loan last season to some Norwegian lower league team and now released by Rotherham.

3. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning All

I'm guessing Monk is going to get linked with every Managerial role from here to kingdom come after having what is a very successful season. We need to sign him up as soon as possible.

If Taylor goes to 'Them' then it just show the little runt has **** all class and I hope he breaks both his legs in his first game for them and it ends his career

Whitejock and Farsleyexile like this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, perhaps Millwall will snap us Chris Dawson as their marquee signing?

Taylor, I'd be surprised. Some Premier league team will snap him up like Stoke, Burnley or West Ham

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wolves, but odds on favourite???

6. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

I could forgive him for signing for Victimpool, I could forgive him for signing for Arsenal or Citeh. I could forgive him for joining the Scum. Most of my family are scum fans as they all come from that side of them hills. HOWEVER for me the unforgivable sin for any Leeds player present or past is joining that Turkish outfit. Even if they are odds on favourite Taylor should take a look at himself and pick Millwall or them. He should pick a job as a street sweeper in Glasgow over them. If he joins them then he deserves what he gets

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Is Dawson not a bit young for their Academy? <whistle>

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all from the great north road car park aka the A1.another monday and another crash trust me to bring no food.
    As for taylor the sooner he leaves the better.dont want him around pre season.
    Only the 22nd of May but we have been let down so often that no news is bad news.
    Old 60 is on ja606 putting his players forward that he recommended.giving it the old i told you so.

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Les Dawson more like :biggrin:

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last night I read that Norwich had already spoken to Leeds about Monk and were sent packing. Rumor mill be be rife with ITK stories about him, but we wait and see this week. Latest gossip is that Rad will finalize things this week?

Amazing what happens to a player because Dawson made the breakthrough and was brilliant, got injured and struggled to get back then replaced by Mowatt. Never got back to form in the development squad and released. Wasnt Kissa a mate of his?

Sounds like Pontus is going to be staying, and Monk has said he wants to get Bartley on a contract as soon as possible. I spoke to a Port Vale player who was team mates at a club with Ayling,and they are still good mates. Says Ayling loves at at Leeds, so besides Taylor we seem to have the makings of a strong defence. The Port Vale player is going to Newport County he thinks as they got relegated due to Bruno Ribero and then Michael Brown ahaha

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Im pleased and not surprised Monk is being touted for other jobs. Will keep the pressure on Radz to get things done quickly for fear of losing both him and entire backroom team. I wonder if he did go, could Clotet step up to the job maybe?
    Taylor, I couldnt care less where the mercenary goes or does as long as he doesnt sign that new contract with us. He doesnt merit discussion and I wont waste my time on him. Nice to see the Wallies back for another season at the bottom of the Championship

Millwallsteve likes this.
  12. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Nice to be back Eire <cheers>
    Leeds and Millwall were destined to be in the same division.
    Lets hope it stays that way - If we go down, you come down with us, if we stay put you stay put, if we go up to the Prem... **** that, you lot will never get there again <laugh>

Millwallsteve, MIGHTY and ellandback like this.
  13. Eireleeds1

Delighted for ye TC. Obviously for you lot, this promotion of yours is the equivalent of us getting promotion to the pl as it is our natural home. Similarly lower Championship would be your natural home and therefore your achievement must be applauded <applause>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  14. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

1 question.
    Why must it?

MIGHTY likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

They have reached the pinnacle of their ambition <whistle>

ellandback likes this.
  16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Because to achieve your goals in such style is a rare achievement ;)

Pre-season check lists
    Millwall
    Finish in top 6 - check
    Have good cup run - check
    Win Play off semi - check
    Beat Yorkshire team in final - check
    Beat Lewisham Council/Renewal - check

Leeds
    Finish in top 6 - FAIL
    Don't get beat by non league team in cup - FAIL
    Get rid of Cellino - FAIL

17. Eireleeds1

And Lewisham Council is about the level of team youll beat. Up against full time paid footballers next season, will be the usual embarrassment

18. TC (Lovely Geezer)

& beat them we did ;)

Special thanks to Leeds as well - I have just found out that Leeds were still paying half of Steve Morisons wages this season - very good of you <applause><applause> For the record - he was worth every penny <cheers>

19. lifecheshirewhite

Bull ****,you paid us £750,000 for him,you fool to pay his contract up <doh>

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  20. TC (Lovely Geezer)