1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 16, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

A deadline of the 9th of June has been set by Leeds Utd for applying for a season ticket refund.

Unclaimed monies will go to their academy.

West Brom will end their interest in Charlie Taylor if they cannot reach a satisfactory agreement with Leeds Utd over Charlie Taylor.

Pulis said: "A tribunal could put an extraordinary amount of money on it and you're stuck with it. It's a risk that, at this moment, is not worth taking."

It has been reported that the Baggies have offered £3.5m in compensation for the player.

"If it's going to go to tribunal, we don't know what the price is and I think that takes us out of the game."

Liverpool were ordered to pay Burnley £6.5m, rising to a potential £8m, after they took Danny Ings on a free transfer from Burnley in the summer of 2015.

FIFA are being asked to interpret the contract between Torino and Leeds Utd regarding Jansson's 3.5m transfer.

Torino are angry that they have not received their money yet, but Leeds say that the transfer money is not due until June or July.

Lastly, a little off topic, (and touched upon last night) but it was reported last night that Moors murderer Ian Brady has died.

The 79 year old child killer received a whole of life sentence back in 1965, and had been serving most of his time at Ashworth high security hospital.

Putting emotions aside, would it have been the right thing to do to execute a 'criminally insane' person?

Should capital punishment be bought back?

If so, how?

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. Like I said last night Brady should've been hung years ago. Not legal of course. Forget about wasting money housing murderers of his kind

3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, where's your black cap?

4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Totally agree but you will always get the do gooders saying "what if you get the wrong person" or "give people a chance to change their ways". Load of old balls in my eyes, a national execution day for Sutcliffe, Huntley, Bridger, Mercer, Thompson, Venables etc would be very cathartic I think and more worthy of a national holiday than a royal birthday. I don't think I am particularly liberal!!

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Regarding wasting money and certain criminals. Someone linked to a story on FB the other day. A Romanian guy got sentenced to 8 years (think that was the length) in prison here in the UK for rape. It was discovered he had served a prison sentence in Romania before coming here, also for rape.

How did we allow a rapist in? Now we have to pay for his time in prison and you can bet he gets extra security watching him as surely a target for other inmates.

Back to Football, this is the horrible/frustrating/boring bit you always get before June. Once again we're waiting to find out if we have an owner or owners, if the managers contract will be renewed, we can't even get FIFA off our backs by paying Torino 4 weeks early...

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It costs us £40,000 per year for every prisoner in the system. In the case of this twot it costs more because hes in a medical institution. So a minimum of £2m spent on warehousing him. he should have been executed along with all other serial killers, terrorists, child molesters, police murderers, where the proof was incontrovertible.

Oh and whilst we are on prisons, as you know they are full so having to spend billions building more. How about we just deport the foreign prisoners back home as the 15% of all prisoners are foreign. That would mean loads of space and save us billions in not paying for them.

WBA & Pulis are making a joke of a legal system that is supposed to protect clubs from tapping up kids, protect the kid too. Yet because Pulis wants to get the kid on the cheap knowing a tribunal will cost more, he doesnt want to play. WBA should be fined by the FA as this is a rule breaking approach. Leeds will have to carry on paying Charlies wages until October if he is still here. Totally wrong

7. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

You mean Terry Venables of course?

Irishshako and Marcos Barber like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Youd also get all your prisoners bunged up abroad and have to rehouse them. Swings and roundabouts Id say

9. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Thought about adding Cantona to the list but forced myself to be sensible!

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last year we had a schoolgirl followed by a Lithuanian bloke who was a convicted child rapist, but he was allowed to walk in through our open borders. The girl was found murdered a few days later and he was caught again. Why should we put our own people at risk because of some idiots liberal views?

"Youd also get all your prisoners bunged up abroad and have to rehouse them. Swings and roundabouts Id say"
    Eire we dont have anywhere near the numbers of Brits in overseas prisons, we have 30,000 foreign prisoners clogging our system up.

OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

The antidote to "the idiots with liberal views" is the Gestapo.

12. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Just updated my details as requested to receive my season ticket refund.

Is anyone donating their refund to the Academy as that is an option ?

Personally I prefer to take the money £159.04 for me and my son and put it towards renewing our season tickets.

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  13. lifecheshirewhite

Yep he does,bloody awful manager,hang him.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Take your money mukka if you want to put some back into the club buy your boy some merchandise <ok>

some good stuff here <ok>
    http://www.mfcshop.co.uk/

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

You missed Bates off the list! <whistle>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. Whitejock

I've always had a clear policy on prisons myself. I firmly believe we should offer prison accommodation on 3 different levels:

Luxury Accommodation
    That would be our current prisons. All 'guests' would be subject to a '3 strike' rule. 3 strikes gets you demoted to standard accommodation.

Standard Accommodation
    This facility would be outsourced to a 3rd world country - to let them earn their Foreign Aid, if you like. We would not interfere with the way these institutions are run, so if there are 40 'guests' in a 20'x20' room, no aircon or heating, or if the slop served makes UK slop look like haute cuisine, who are we to argue? The '3 strike' rule would also be in place in these institutions. 3 strikes gets you demoted to economy accommodation.

Economy accommodation
    This type of accommodation would be in a 3rd world country, but with none of the luxuries found in the standard accommodation. Guests would enjoy the benefits of solitude in their isolated 3'x3' box. A 1 strike rule will be in place. Failure to behave correctly will result in your box being transferred to a war zone franchise.

The beauty of this model is that prison accommodation would no doubt be freed up fairly quickly. This would allow us to accommodate asylum seekers in the prisons, with free access of course, being in the Heaven wing. After all, if you're in fear of your life, 4 walls, a roof & 3 squares is like arriving in Heaven. Any misbehaviour though will be severely dealt with (but you still get to live, unlike back home). Any serious misbehaviour, like setting fire to the accommodation, would see transgressors moved to the Luxury Accommodation block, without the need for expensive Judges, Juries etc.

I could make the tories great again! <yikes><yikes><yikes>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

fook all that just send em to Scotland <laugh>

18. Whitejock

We get enough english immigrants that manage to escape up north! :D

MIGHTY likes this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Bit harsh el tel was entertaining.whilst here.

20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

couldn't hold a torch to the entertainment you get now <whistle>